main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who would trust an entire Jedi Council to two unknown types of alien?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by sw-starwarsfreakness, Jun 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Why would the Jedi Council Trust two unknown Alien types to run a Jedi Council? (I'm speaking of Yoda and Yaddle)

Who knows? They could have been death seeking midgets from a Black Hole somewhere deep in the galexy!

Anyone have an idea why the Jedi would promit this?

2. generallee5

generallee5 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2003
    The Force was with Yoda and Yaddle. Anyone can be trained 2 be a Jedi. No matter what species.

3. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Yeah, it'd be prejudice of the Jedi Council to not let two unknown aliens train to become Jedi. And who says that they don't know where Yoda and Yaddle are from. All we know is that we don't know. Are you following me?

Anywho, sw-starwarsfreakness - I think that you belong here ;)

4. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    I'm pretty sure Yoda's race is unknown only to us, as in the audience. The Jedi Council and such know, but it has never been mentioned in a film or EU, so we don't know. ;)

[Jackie_Chan] Do you undastan da wors dat a coming ou of my mouf?! [/Chan]

[face_laugh] ;) :p

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

5. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Exactly, 6554.

Your logic is flawed, sw. First of all, their species is most likely known to the people in the Star Wars galaxy. Second, They're probably among the oldest sentient beings in the galaxy, meaning they could have been around when there was more of their species present, as well as meaning they probably have a vast amount of knowledge.

And as generallee pointed out, they're both strong with the Force. It doesn't matter who they are, al that matters is that they're powerful and they serve the Republic and the Force to the best of their abiltity.

6. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    It doesn't matter who they are, all that matters is they're powerful and they serve the Republic and the Force to the best of their ability.

I know exactly what your're saying here but it did kind of strike me as funny when taken at face value and out of the context of the rest of your message. You see, lookng at just the statement above, it seems both Palpatine/Sidious and Dooku meet those qualifications. Just thought I'd share. :p

7. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    'Sides, Yaddle doesn't run the Council, anyway. It's Yoda and Mace. ;)

8. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm not all that familiar with Yaddle, but it is not difficult to understand why the Jedi Council has such strong faith in Yoda's abilities.

Yoda is exceptionally gifted, both in terms of his use of the Force, and his intellectual capabilities. He seems to have an answer for every problem that the Jedi encounter, with the exception of Sith mystery. However, Yoda did eventually find a way to bring down the Empire, using Luke and Anakin (if you subscribe to the theory that Yoda planned to redeem Anakin) to carry out his plans.

Yoda is the perfect man to lead the Jedi Council. He is capable of great warmth and compassion, but he is also capable of taking action when it is necessary. He also is one of the few characters who stays true to his principles and beliefs throughout the saga. Just about everyone else was guilty of betraying someone or committing a foolish act that endangered lives. In either case, the characters in question "threw their ethics and morals out the window" as soon as the "poodoo hit the fan."

9. generallee5

generallee5 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2003
    Whats this thing about Yoda planning to redeem Anakin?

10. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    There is a small minority of fans (myself included) who believe that Yoda may not have lost faith in Anakin.

This theory reads as follows:

In ESB, Yoda agrees to train Luke because he is the last hope for the Jedi Order, and is the only one capable of bringing down Palpatine and the Empire. However, Luke is but one man, and even someone as powerful as he is would be overmatched when facing both Palpatine and Vader. The chances of him destroying both would be small.

Therefore, Yoda trains Luke not destroy Palpatine himself, but to awaken and inspire the man who could- Anakin Skywalker. In ROTJ, Yoda tells Luke that he must confront Vader. This could mean any number of things.

It is possible that Yoda believed that Anakin would re-emerge if his hand were forced, and he had no choice but to act. This was situation Anakin/Vader was faced with as he watched Palpatine electrocute Luke with Force Lightning. Sure enough, he threw Palpatine down the reactor core shaft, and the Sith Order was destroyed.

Of course, we will know more about this situation after Episode III.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.