main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who would win in a duel? Luke or Kyp

Discussion in 'Literature' started by dark_jedi, Oct 11, 2001.

?

Who would win in a duel? Luke or Kyp

Poll closed Oct 21, 2001.
  1. Luke

55 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. Kyp

9 vote(s)
    14.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    Maybe my memory is failing me in my old age, but didn't kyp already easily pot luke in a coma/disembodied state of mind? And he was only 16 at the time while luke was in his prime and newly graduated from darkside 101.

Kyp passed luke years ago.

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2001
    SuncrusherX, I agree.

I really, really dislike Kyp. He's so... infuriating. But I still voted him. Why?

Read the above post.

Now if Kyp and Corran coulde somehow get a working alliance done, they'd have a really formidable weapon against the Vong.

Aargh, can't elaborate!

Ara
    (Running for Math class in fear of expulsion..:)

3. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000
    Hey, Luke was doing just fine, then Mara had to come along and mess with his mind. I still can't see how those two ever got together.
    ----------------------

Well, Zhan just handled the whole thing poorly in Vision of the Future- it was rushed. There was what, 15 years between the original Thrawn trilogy and the SotP/VotF then BANG! They're an item? Some authors in between should have had the rocks to get them together sooner.

4. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    I love Kyp but nobody really beats Luke Skywalker.

5. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    "Maybe my memory is failing me in my old age, but didn't kyp already easily pot luke in a coma/disembodied state of mind? And he was only 16 at the time while luke was in his prime and newly graduated from darkside 101."

Of course, Kyp was under the influence of an ultra-powerful Dark Jedi spirit. So it wasn't really just Kyp there.

6. Jedimama

Jedimama Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    That crap with Kyp defeating Luke (even with some dead Sith Lord helping) is one of the reasons I never cared for the JA trilogy. Kyp was made out to be some super-powerful prodigy- tossing Luke across the room when Luke tried that little 'mind probe' trick to test his Force strength. Bah! Kyp is a dork.
    Luke is the son of the Chosen One - by all rights, Luke is kinda like the grandson of The Force. ;) How can you compare with that??
    He would mop the floor Kyp or with ANY other Jedi.And I'm not just saying this becasue I am Huge Luke fan with my head firmly planted up the Jedi Master's butt.
    [face_laugh]

7. GS335

GS335 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2001
    I think that if Luke were to fight Kyp, Luke would not only beat the crap out of Kyp, he would embarass Kyp. Kyp's problem is, that he is too arrogant. He thinks that he is so great, and he thinks that aggession is the way, which is not what a true Jedi does. With that said, I say that Luke would beat the crap out of Kyp, because Luke is more calm in the force, and has a deeper understanding of the force, whereas Kyp is too brash, and too arrogant.

And, I do not think that Kyp could beat the likes of Obi Wan, and especially Yoda and Mace Windu. Yoda and Mace Windu are just too powerful, and they would also embarass Kyp. Also, Obi Wan would beat Kyp too, because Obi Wan is an amazing fighter, and great Jedi. Kyp talks crap about Obi Wan, but if he only knew just how great and powerful Obi Wan really was, he would eat his words, big time. Kyp to me, is not a true Jedi. He is brash, arrogant, and uses things that are of the darkside to fight. Just because Kyp is athletic, and fast, it does not make him a great Jedi. All the ability in the world does not make up for a lack of disipline. I say that, because Kyp uses aggression too much, and is too brash.

Heck, I don't even think that Kyp could beat Anakin Skywalker (younger one) in his prime, before he became darth vader, even though he never outranked Obi Wan in the Jedi order.

Don't get me wrong, Kyp is very powerful, and has some amazing abilities with the force and with a lightsaber; but I don't think that he could beat Luke. And, I do not think that Kyp could beat some of the best Jedi from the old Jedi Order. The old Jedi (the great ones, like Yoda, Mace, Obi Wan, and even Anakin Skywalker, even though Anakin was brash and arrogant himself) were better fighters, more disciplined, and had a much deeper understanding of the force, more than Kyp ever did.

God bless :)

8. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    If Luke actually fought there's not realy anybody out there now, who could beat him.

Kyp is powerful, but Luke is just more, even if he isn't using it for anything.

9. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    I'm so glad Kyp is not winning.

If luke "Unleashed the fury" as it were, then it'd be a very bad thing (You know: another Vader), but you are correct nothing or no one could match him. Except I think Leia she'd be the only one who'd stand a chance, an rightly so in my mind, Kyp killing Luke just doesn't have the same kaboom as Leia having to do it.

10. GS335

GS335 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2001
    If Leia would've completed her training, and was more devoted to the Jedi arts, than yes, she would stand a chance against him, because I strongly believe that both Luke and Leia have equal force potential. Since Leia never completed her training, she has a much chance of beating Luke as a cockroach.

God bless :)

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2001
    Yeah, but in the case of a nuclear war, the cockroaches would be the ones left alive ;)

Ara
    (Sniffling once again and waiting for chem to start... bored..)

12. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    Luke, gotta go with Luke on this one.

13. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    Mix-match of the century Luke would not even break a sweat. Kyp would be cannon-fodder.

14. dark_jedi

dark_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2001
    this was not as close as i thought it would be

15. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    i am very glad to see that luke is winning this poll!

kyp may act tough, but he's no match for luke...just because luke doesn't try to prove how strong he is in the force, doesn't mean he's forgotten how to use it...

the only reason kyp 'defeated' luke in the JA trilogy is because KJA wanted his own creation to be this super-cool unbeatable jedi...besides, it was basically exar kun who defeated luke, he just channeled his energy through kyp...that scene still annoys me, the back of the book gives this blurb about 'a titanic showdown between luke and his dark apprentice' or something like that, whereas in actual fact, luke doesn't even fight...he just watches his lightsaber fizzle out and then gets fried, by a jedi apprentice who'd had about a week of training, unlike luke who has been training for years, passed through more terrifying ordeals than kyp ever will, and even defeated the 'chosen one', his own father...kyp would be no match for luke...JA makes him out to be a jedi prodigy/genius but he kind of fizzles out after that...

phew...sorry about that...i should never post on threads like this...it always gets me annoyed and i can't stop ranting...sorry if i offended anyone...

i will stop now...

LUKE RULES!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.