main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who would win in a straight up light saber duel Obi-Wan or Luke???

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by LordMaximus, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordMaximus

LordMaximus Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    in my opinion its to tough to tell because they are both amazing

2. RurouniKJS

RurouniKJS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2005
    General Obi-Wan > Master Obi-Wan > Almost-a-Jedi Luke > Padawan Obi-Wan > Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi > Jedi Apprentice Luke > Rebel Commander Luke

Just my opinion.

3. Aeneas_Falco

Aeneas_Falco Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Luke in his prime as a Jedi Master would pwn any Jedi easily, including Obi Wan. With hardly any training (in comparison to the Jedi of old) he was able to defeat Vader, resist the Emperor's attempts to turn him, and destroy the Empire. That is an amazing accomplishment.

I'd have to go with prequel Kenobi over OT Luke though. The original trilogy ends with Luke becoming a Jedi. He's where Obi Wan was in the Phantom Menace and not yet in his prime. We don't see Luke as a Jedi Master because he doesn't reach that level until sometime after the movies.

4. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Yeah, it's all about timing.

Luke, at the end of ROTJ was just beginning to learn his skills. And, unlike his father, he walked out of his confrontation with the Emperor all in one piece so the sky was still the limit at the end of that movie.

Master Obi-Wan vs Master Luke in an even fight (no Dark Side) would probably see Luke as the winner. Jedi Knight Obi-Wan vs Jedi Knight Luke would probably be similar to the Mustafar duel (though if Luke being more mature than Anakin was may not make stupid mistakes, so he could win).

Master Obi-Wan vs Luke at the end of ROTJ would probably see Obi-Wan winning.

5. minastirith

minastirith Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Obi-Wan! Got to be him... he defeated two Sith! Vader was past it by the time Luke dueled him, but he was in his prime when Obi-Wan fought him. Vader didn't defeat Obi-Wan in Episode IV(Obi-Wan beat Obi-Wan)... so it's hard to make any comparison. Obi-Wan beat Maul- and Maul, if not anything else, would have wiped the floor with Luke.

6. KennyT

KennyT Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 25, 2005
    ObiWan in his prime would have beaten Luke in his prime. ROTS shows just how bada$$ ObiWan is.

7. Aeneas_Falco

Aeneas_Falco Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    ObiWan in his prime would have beaten Luke in his prime. ROTS shows just how bada$$ ObiWan is.

How can that be said, when we never see Luke in his prime? Return of the Jedi ends with Luke becoming a Jedi. He is not a master yet.

Considering that Luke was able to defeat Vader and resist the Emperors attemtps to turn him with only bare bones training, I'd say Luke is extremely powerful in the force. Apparently he has natural abilities that were able to overcome a lack of training. (Perhaps not all that suprising since he was Anakin's son) How powerful would Luke be when he had mastered the force?

Much more powerful than Obi Wan I would wager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.