Memph, TN WHO WOULD WIN!?!? SW celebrity death match

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by DarthToddy, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthToddy Jedi Master

star 2
    This is an attempt on my behalf to start a good debate and answer an age old question of "WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT/DUEL"?

There are rules!!!
    1.) You name the combatants
    2.) It has to be a dream match-up..noone who has fought in the movies against each other
    3.) The contestants can be from any part of the timeline...Prequels...NJO...Old Republic...Clone wars...etc.
    4.) Make a good match-up and explain why the person would win over the other

To start it off.
    (rings the bell) ding ding ding!!!

Darth Maul vs. Count Dooku

In my opinion...this match-up could go either way...I don't believe Maul could keep up with Dooku's knowledge in the force. Dooku's saber technique would pose a serious problem (style 2) against Maul's double bladed saber.
    On the other hand being that Maul is younger and much more athletic than Dooku.........I believe Maul could also wear down Dooku in a long match, much like he does his victims in "Shadow Hunter". A longer duel wears his victims down and he is setting up a move the entire time that will end it after the fatigue sets in, much like it did Qui-Gon and the 2 jedi on "SH".
    In the end though, I think Dooku's style would win out over Maul's...probably splitting Maul's hilt into and eventually catching Maul off guard with a force throw of some object or force lighting, much like Obi-Wan catching him off-guard in TPM, but Maul will wear him down and think he has Dooku defeated and Dooku will strike him down "with one swift stroke"!!!

What you think? Make up match-ups of your own or debate other peoples match-ups!!! HAVE AT IT

In case you need some match-up ideas.......

Emperor vs. Yoda (which I think we will see soon ;) )
    NJO Luke vs. Maul
    Corran Horn vs. Plo Koon
    Vader vs. Mace ( debate now while you can )
    Exar Kun vs. Marka Ragnos
    Mara Jade vs. Asajj Ventress
    Jacen Solo vs. Obi-Wan

SO ON and SO ON....can't wait to read others
  2. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Vader vs. Mace [face_laugh]

Good one, DT!! We know how that one would end. I don't think Mace would get close enough to do anything before being force-choked..

We have an inside joke that Mace runs like a girl.
  3. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    I don't think Mace would get close enough to do anything before being force-choked..

That reminds me- I've heard there was a scene in ROTJ where Vader is stopped by 4 or so royal guards trying to seek an audience with the Emperor, after having been told to stay on the command ship. He force-chokes the guards and then walks in. Rhonda, was that you that told me about it, and was it ever filmed?

Yeah, Mace runs funny...

I would love to see Boba go against some other bounty hunters like in the EU!
  4. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Yeah, the Royal guard scene was cut from ROTJ. I'm trying to remember where it was supposed to have been seen. Those scenes are so hard to come by.

It was the scene when he found out Luke was on Endor. Pretty much no stopping him then I guess...
  5. DarthToddy Jedi Master

star 2
    Vader forced choked an imperial officer...not the royal guard.....but Vader did wait his turn...but I assume he moved to the head of the line after that move.

John
  6. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    I thought after the Death Star blew up he was at the head of the line..?
  7. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    i thought the deleted scene was an imp officer trying to see the emporer,then the royal guards zapped him away.
    ive seen a picture from that scene before as well.

but it could be a different scene altogether.
  8. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    The think scene I saw was Vader f-choking Jerrod and Royal guards to get in to see Emp. Right before "I told you to remainon the command ship."
  9. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    F-choke.... I like that!!!!! That's right up there with Patrick's "May the F be with you!".

We were looking at stills from that scene just the other day, and Rhonda is right. Vader is choking the crap out of Moff Jerjerod and a couple of Royal Guards who are trying to prevent him from an unannounced audience with the Emporer. You notice you don't see the Guards when Vader comes to tell the Emperor about the band of Rebels who have gone to Endor! That's why. They're still gasping for breath at that moment.

So, you go, Rhonda! I'm rooting for you, girl!
  10. IrishThunder Jedi Knight

star 3
    Where are these pictures? I'd love to see them.
  11. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    I think we saw them somewhere on Blue Harvest.net. Bunch of good stuff there....

It was in the script, but I can't find the picture right off...same thing though.

68 INT DEATH STAR - CORRIDOR TO EMPEROR'S TOWER 68

Darth Vader walks down the corridor to the Emperor's Tower and
    private elevator. The Emperor's private guard steps in Vader's
    path.

GUARD
    Halt! The Emperor does not wish to be
    disturbed at the moment.

VADER
    (raising his gloved hand to the two guards
    and choking them with the Force)
    The Emperor will see me, now!

GUARD
    (repeating Vader's command)
    The Emperor will see you, now.

69 INT EMPEROR'S TOWER - THRONE ROOM 69

Two red Imperial Guards stand watch at the elevator as the door
    opens to reveal Vader. Vader enters the eerie, foreboding throne
    room. It appears to be empty. His footsteps echo as he approaches
    the throne. He waits, absolutely still. The Emperor sits with his
    back to the Dark Lord.

ROTJ script

Mystery solved ;)
  12. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Okay- so in a match of Vader vs guards and officers we now know that Vader always wins!
  13. DarthToddy Jedi Master

star 2
    Ok so we got a lil off subject here, but does anyone have any dream match-ups that they would have liked to have seen? Mace vs. Dooku or Maul vs. Yoda or something? Come on here.....you people have to have wondered "WHAT IF"
  14. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Would Rick McCallum vs Howard Kazanjian count as a SW Celebrity Death Match, John?

I would hope that Kazanjian would kick McCallum's overweight, overgrown-fanboy butt out of the SW franchise.

And, off-topic? Us? Never! :p
  15. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    I'm really starting to dig ASAJJ VENTRESS!

I'd like to see Asajj VS Maul...
  16. WonderPants Jedi Knight

star 3
    Would Rick McCallum vs Howard Kazanjian count as a SW Celebrity Death Match, John?

I would hope that Kazanjian would kick McCallum's overweight, overgrown-fanboy butt out of the SW franchise.

Howard whatshisname? Surely y'all mean Gary Kurtz?
  17. Smokem_Alien Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'd like to see Exar Kun vs. Darth Maul. Double bladed action goodness! :)
  18. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    That would be interesting! I bet Kun would make mince-meat of Maul.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.