main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who would win this hypothetical battle?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sith_Kingpin, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Kingpin

Sith_Kingpin Jedi Padawan

Feb 4, 2013
    Firstly, let me point out that I'm new and this is my first post. So, sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I had a snoop around and this seems like the relevant sub-forum for my topic.

The Sith Emperor (Darth Vitiate) + Darth Revan vs Darth Sidious + Count Dooku

Weapons: Lightsabers and Force Powers only (no outside interference or help from droids, Seperatists, Republic, Sith etc...)

As we all know, Palpatine is the Ultimate Sith and is almost godlike. However, the Sith Emperor isn't shabby, and if his powers and legacy is canon, then he can certainly put up a fight against Palpatine.
    Revan and Dooku squaring off would be interesting, as Dooku is a veteran and an expert swordsman -- his lightsaber skills owned Obi-Wan and Anakin in AOTC and he even fended off Yoda, so I really rate Dooku highly.

So, it would really come down to who wins between Dooku and Revan, as then either Vitiate or Sidious has to deal with 2 expert Sith Lords. For this bout, my gut tells me Palpatine and Dooku would win. What's your opinion on this hypothetical? I know it involves different eras (Old Republic and Prequel/Original Trilogy) but, I thought I'd go ahead with it anyway to hear people's strategies, and likely outcome.

2. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    Sidious is leaps and bounds above Vitiate who required a ritual and the help of many Sith Lords to pull off his immortality and the draining of Nathema, Sidious did almost the same thing at Byss and required nothing but his own power and knowledge, he also has the most powerful force lightning ever, he is a master of all seven forms of lightsaber combat and can use them ambidextrously, he also has a far greater mind control, when he mindwiped the trillions of people on Coruscant when he hid the Lusankya under the Imperial Palace, I could add more and more, but Sidious could solo the two of them, he doesn't require Dooku, Dooku himself though would easily defeat Revan in lightsaber skill, he is basically the best ever Makashi practitioner, his force powers match anything Revan Reborn has displayed, nevermind the far less powerful Darth Revan(Malak tells us this).

Easily Sidious and Dooku.

zompusbite likes this.
  3. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Sidious because Sidious

zompusbite and Zane the Reaper like this.
  4. Sith_Kingpin

Feb 4, 2013
    Yeah, I agree Sidious is stronger than Vitiate. We all know Sidious is the Ultimate Sith who's the embodiment of the Dark Side. However, to say he'd dispose of the Sith Emperor so easily is bold as all Vader done was pick him up and throw him down a shaft to exterminate him. Reading about the Sith Emperor, you get the impression he's 2nd best Sith Lord ever, after all he lived for 1000 years and could conjure some godly powers indeed.

Like you, I think Sidious and Dooku would be victorius in this bout. But, I don't think it's as simple as saying 'They'll win because Sidious is involved'. Vitiate is full of surprises too, and could hold his own against nearly anyone in a 1v1. Give the guy credit where it's due.

5. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I think Revan is a very skilled warrior.
    I think the Sith Emperor, Dooku and Sidious are strong Sith, but in other ways.
    By the way, I do not get why Revan and the Sith Emperor would fight together.
    Wouldn't have been better to let Revan team up with Malak?

6. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I think the assumption is a Revan/Malak team would be horribly curbstomped by Sidious alone, without needing Dooku. Which is reasonable, though I do feel that Revan is being a bit underrated...not able to beat Sidious certainly, but he should at least be able to take on Dooku.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Lusankya was disguised as a very large shield generator and lowered in- no mindwiping needed.

8. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Source?

9. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Starships of the Galaxy.

10. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Looks like you're right. The New Essential Guide to Characters says Sidious used his "mind-fogging powers" to aid Imperial engineers in burying the ship; perhaps these ideas are not mutually exclusive?

11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Possibly.

12. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I agree. I always liked to think that somewhere before or during the KOTOR series, we missed out on some ludicrous feats of power from Revan. I think the game and (especially) the Revan novel make him seem like a bit of a chump. But I always liked to think he was more powerful than we were told.

13. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    The effectiveness and scope of Vitiate's telepathic powers are exaggerated. The idea presented in Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan that he mindraped and enthralled 8k Sith Lords is undermined by a number of factors: (1) According to Nyriss, the Sith Lords likely did not expect deceit given Vitiate's nonexistent reputation as a threat and the tremendous numerical advantage they enjoyed; (2) Nyriss herself concedes that the details of the legend are unverified; (3) the tale is contradicted three times - once by The Old Republic Encyclopedia, which claims the Sith Lords participated voluntarily; once by the game's codex that claims Imperial scholars view the ritual as an unprecedented act of cooperation among Sith Lords; and lastly by Scourge himself, who says the Sith Lords were "tricked" (not enslaved) into participating.

Other than that, he has never successfully employed the technique against a prepared adversary.

14. Sith_Kingpin

Feb 4, 2013
    Ok, I didn't do a Malak and Revan partnership as Palpatine could deal with them 2 on his own without the need for Dooku. Just watch the recent TCW episode, Palpatine toyed with Savage and Maul, never needing to up his game and he owned them both like it was boys against a man. The Sith Emperor offers some godlike powers that would cause Palpatine some trouble, and allow Revan to battle Dooku alone. Trust me, the second Palpatine struck Malak and Revan with his Sith Lightning, they'd be unconsious or dead, so it's not really a fair fight. Whereas, Vitiate should be able to resist it slightly and would throw some of his own Lightning back.

15. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Sidious and Dooku, because Sidious is just that powerful. Dooku's pretty much a non-factor in this, as is Revan when placed against Sidious. The Sith Emperor's got nothing on Palpatine. Most of his "feats" are hearsay, such as him controlling 8,000 Sith Lords. We've hardly seen him actually do anything. He tends to just be talked about, not shown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.