Who Would Win? [Version 2.0]

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by KenKenobi, Apr 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthsith19 Jedi Master

star 4
    lol, yeah.

Adi: 4
    Stass: 0

One more Asi vote and we can get another round going.

Oh, and if anyone sees NightHunter319 anywhere tell him he should come back. I've PM'd him a few times, but he never responded.
  2. sexycheryl Jedi Knight

3. darthsith19 Jedi Master

star 4
    NEW ROUND!!!!!!

Coleman Trebor vs. Saesee Tiin
  4. masterluke9 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, huh this is a tough one. Really close for me but i think Saesee Tiin has a slight edge.
  5. darthsith19 Jedi Master

star 4
    I say Trebor since at least he can move a lightsaber. I mean, Sidious leaped out, killed Agen and then stabbed Saesee and all that Saesee aclompished in this time was raising his lightsaber a few inches. Trebor jumpep up into the place where Dooku was, intending to kill Dooku. Instead Jango attacks him and, even when caught by surprise, he manages to block 2 shots. I thing it's pretty safe to say that had he been in Saesee's place in ROTS he'd have blocked at least one of Sidious's swings.

Saesee Tiin: 1
    Coleman Trebor: 1
  6. Chosen_One1 Jedi Master

star 4
    No, Anakin becomes a level 9 when he goes darkside. Nick Gillard said this on the ROTS DVD. George Lucas said in an interview that after Anakin got maimed and lost his power he BECAME like a Darth Maul or Count Dooku, meaning they were a level below him before he got injured.

I think we're going around in circles here, all I have to say about who would win in a fight between Anakin and Dooku is to watch the actual fight on the ROTS DVD.
  7. ticopuma Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  8. darthsith19 Jedi Master

star 4
    Nick Gillard, eh? The same guy who said Only Yoda could beat Cin Drallig? Forgive me if I don't take what he says seriously.

Anyways, GL says Anakin's a level 9. Unless I'm mistaken Vader is a level 9 too.

What interview?

Vader and Dooku never fought in ROTS.

And it'd be nice if at the end of one of your replies you'd say who'd win in the current round.
  9. troc Jedi Knight

10. sexycheryl Jedi Knight

Trebor, no Saesee no, this is a tough one. Ah i'll just go with Trebor.
  11. Chosen_One1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Nick Gillard, eh? The same guy who said Only Yoda could beat Cin Drallig? Forgive me if I don't take what he says seriously.

When did he say that? He talked with Lucas personally about the level of fighting each character was at.

Anyways, GL says Anakin's a level 9. Unless I'm mistaken Vader is a level 9 too.

When Anakin taps in to the dark side he is a level 9.

What interview?

"You got it. And when he finds out Luke is his son, his first impulse is to figure out a way of getting him to join him to kill the Emperor. That's what Siths do! He tries it with anybody he thinks might be more powerful, which is what the Emperor was looking for in the first place: somebody who would be more powerful than he was and could help him rule the universe. But Obi-Wan screwed that up by cutting off his arms and legs and burning him up. From then on, he wasn't as strong as the Emperor -- he was like Darth Maul or Count Dooku. He wasn't what he was supposed to become. But the son could become that." -George Lucas (I believe this article was in Vanity Fair)

And it'd be nice if at the end of one of your replies you'd say who'd win in the current round.

I have been posting who would win, my last reply was the first time I hadn't. My vote goes to Trebor for this round.
  12. darthsith19 Jedi Master

star 4
    When did he say that? He talked with Lucas personally about the level of fighting each character was at.
    I
    ll try and find it, though I must say I'm constently forgetting where I hear things like this and if anybody else knows their help would be welcome.
    When Anakin taps in to the dark side he is a level 9.
    According to Nick Gillard, not George Lucas.
    From then on, he wasn't as strong as the Emperor -- he was like Darth Maul or Count Dooku. He wasn't what he was supposed to become. But the son could become that." -George Lucas (I believe this article was in Vanity Fair)
    Like Darth Maul and Count Dooku, yes. And, as the second and third sentances help prove, he's like them in the sense that he can't become all powerful. Where he once was going to become all powerful now he's just the average apprentice.
    I have been posting who would win, my last reply was the first time I hadn't. My vote goes to Trebor for this round.
    I know you have. Thanks.

Trebor wins 5-1!!! NEXT ROUND!!!

Luminara Unduli vs. Darth Vader from the original trilogy (in the suit)
  13. ticopuma Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    With her great flexibility and power I'll go with Luminara.
  14. darthsith19 Jedi Master

star 4
    Me too. Where Vader is 80% of Sidious he alos lost to a Padawan who had been training for 3 years while Luminara's skill with a blade is said to rival Count Dooku's.

Luminara: 2
    Vader: 0
  15. Chosen_One1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Like Darth Maul and Count Dooku, yes. And, as the second and third sentances help prove, he's like them in the sense that he can't become all powerful. Where he once was going to become all powerful now he's just the average apprentice.

So you think Lucas was talking about potential? How can that be when he says, "From then on he wasn't as powerful as the Emperor..." Anakin's potential was much greater than the Emperor, so obviously if he was talking about potential he wouldn've have said they were the same power.

BTW my vote this round goes to Vader. His force powers would be too much for Luminara.
  16. darthsith19 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm, but in one interview he says Vader is as strong as Palpatine, yet in another he says Only Yoda and Mace can compete with Sidious. Taking the movie into consederation, though, he wasn't as strong as Palpatine. I doubt he could beat Dooku. I don't know about that quote.

Vader's Force-Powers? So what, you think he could choke Luminara?

17. masterluke9 Jedi Master

star 4
    lol Vader would kill her.
  18. masterluke9 Jedi Master

star 4
    lol Vader would kill her.
  19. sexycheryl Jedi Knight

You all make good points but while she's jumping around Vader could just chop her in half.
  20. troc Jedi Knight

I gotta go with Vader on this one
  21. DarthJedi06 Jedi Knight

star 1
  22. darthsith19 Jedi Master

star 4
    Vader: 4
    Luminara: 2

Man, I'd hate for Vader to win. I mean, I like him but I strongly disagree that he'd beat Luminara.

Vader:
    - Although he lived it is estimated he lost about half of the power he had had as a Jedi. After the duel, he was about 80% of the Emperor's power, therefore unable to overthrow him.
    - As Darth Vader, Anakin became a powerful asset to the fledgling Empire, serving as an enforcer, Jedi hunter, Supreme Commander of the Imperial Fleet, and Executor of Palpatine's New Order.
    - Many of Vader's early missions were ordered by the Emperor himself, who did so not only to test the limits of his crippled apprentice's abilities (there, to make sure Vader was still worth keeping)
    - These early missions included slaying a group of Jedi Knights (anybody know how many he fought at once?)
    - Killed the Dark Woman
    - As Yoda and Obi-Wan had warned, the inadequately trained Luke was no match for the powerful and experienced Vader
    - Vader telepathically examined Luke's mind and realized that Leia was Luke's sister
    - Lost to Luke, who had but 3 years of training

Luminara Unduli:
    - Luminara had become a Master in the years prior to the Battle of Naboo.
    She possessed power that very few Jedi would be able to overcome. She had amazing lightsaber skills, as she was a master of Form III. Not only were her lightsaber skills superb, but she had also trained herself to become so incredibly flexible that she could easily twist to evade almost any attack that she did not block with her green lightsaber.
    - Led the 212 Jedi at Geonosis, alone with Jedi Masters Mace Windu, Shaak Ti, and Kit Fisto
    - Survived the Battle of Geonosis

Both are good, but Vader could beat Luminara's "Power that few Jedi could overcome." and her "Amazing/suberb saber skills and flexibility (she uses the same form as Obi-Wan does in ROTS - a very good form for defeating Vader, or so it would appear).
  23. darthsith19 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wait Vader alrwady won?! Whoops, okay, if someone wants to make a new one they're more than welcome to, I'll be back tomorrow or monday, though.

Merry Christmas!
  24. masterluke9 Jedi Master

star 4
  25. the_unknowable_jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Maul

Aayla Secura Vs.luke skywalker
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.