main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

who would win?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Commodore_Cromwell, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Seeker_two: Very interesting strategies you have submitted. I wonder what a Polaron Beam from the Dominion arsenal would do to the ISDI/II shields. Early on in their first encounter the Jem Hedar mopped the floor with a Galaxy class star ship and took it out! The shields though gravitic based were useless against that weapon until beefed up later on. The possibilities seem endless.

Haven't thought about the Dominion weapons or the Breen dampeners. Interesting... [face_mischief]

Here's some interesting speculation....
    1. Klingons w/ bat'leths vs. Imperial Royal Guardsmen (or Adumarians w/ blastswords)
    2. Klingons vs. Wookies
    3. Klingons vs. Ewoks on Endor [face_devil]

2. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Wookiees would tear Klingons up, no contest.

As for Ewoks, it'd depend on how drunk the Klingons were.

3. seeker_two

Jan 3, 2003
    One more...

Spock vs. Thrawn in a game of 3-D chess... :cool:

4. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Thrawn, easily.

5. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Seeker_two: Spock and Thrawn doing the 3-d chess thing. Cool. Now that's the way to settle things! How's about the Holo-table- top chess type game (R2 let the Wookie win) after Thrawn gets tired of Spock beating him at 3-d chess. I've been contemplating what makes the ST universe different enough and unique enough to stand a better chance than a snow ball in hell. Maybe if the best and finest were brought to bare:
    The Romulan Plasma weapon (ST classic)
    The attenuated phaser (ST Away Team Video Game)
    Romulan Quantum Singularity power generation (no Antimatter core breaches to worry about)
    The quantum torpedo with the transphasic augmentation from (Voyager)
    Armor replication (Voyager)
    Self replicating subspace hidden or cloaked mines The (Dominion War). Imagine PTs with that.
    The Polaron Beam weapon (Jem Hadar)
    Borg Nano Assimulation Technology (Voyager)
    Oh yeah, did you ever get a load of those big Whopping Herogen ship's? They're comparable to the SW ISDs I&II in size!
    Finally the Borg Trans-warp drive and the Borg adoptable personal body shields.
    Silly me I almost forgot the biggest badest weapon of all which wasn't even invented to be a weapon. The Genesis Device!

Yes sadly the ST universe would have a lot of cooperating to do before it would be even remotely ready to take on the SW universe, but you can at least see the potential.

Hmmm, how's about introducing Gigger's Aliens to the SW Imperial battle front or even against the Yuzhan Vong. Hey let's get some real Predators and set them loose on Palpatine's Royal guards. That would be an interesting hunt no doubt. Yes it doesn't always have to be ST trying to duke it out with SW. There's plenty of other franchises out there with there own monsters to fight against, eh?

6. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    The Romulan Plasma weapon (ST classic)
    The attenuated phaser (ST Away Team Video Game)
    Romulan Quantum Singularity power generation (no Antimatter core breaches to worry about)
    The quantum torpedo with the transphasic augmentation from (Voyager)
    Armor replication (Voyager)
    Self replicating subspace hidden or cloaked mines The (Dominion War). Imagine PTs with that.
    The Polaron Beam weapon (Jem Hadar)
    Borg Nano Assimulation Technology (Voyager)
    Oh yeah, did you ever get a load of those big Whopping Herogen ship's? They're comparable to the SW ISDs I&II in size!
    Finally the Borg Trans-warp drive and the Borg adoptable personal body shields.
    Silly me I almost forgot the biggest badest weapon of all which wasn't even invented to be a weapon. The Genesis Device!

Yes sadly the ST universe would have a lot of cooperating to do before it would be even remotely ready to take on the SW universe, but you can at least see the potential.

The plasma torp works perfectly, and does a whopping amount of damage. It's roughly as powerful as a Yuuzhan Vong version, which gives it some actual potential. Plasma weapons and plasma-incorporating weapons like turbolasers are the way to go.

As for using a black hole for power...no. jp-30's method of powering his laser works better than that -- that is, suing a black hole with a dream team of lawyers.

Transphasic = not only somewhat realistic, but SWEET!!

Sorry, but you can't have self-replicating mines unless the mines are stored somewhere else and beamed in by the other mines.

The ablative armor is useless and pragmatically impossible. I explain why in the links and text above.

Polaron beams, I don't know enough about to evaluate.

Assimilation technology is one of those interesting variables. The Borg could probably assimilate an Alliance or Imperial ship, but they'd have to get through its shields and beam in first, and this would be a serious issue. On the other hand, they'd have no chance against Yuuzhan Vong works -- and especially not against the Jedi Order's healing techniques. The power of the Force is stronger than the Borg -- and yet, in such a conflict, it would infuse them, as well. They could probably not assimilate a Jedi, but simply taking one captive, a novice, let's say, might be enough to help them unravel some of its mysteries and putn them to use for the Borg.

And, btw, the Borg cannot adapt to a lightsaber, with its infinite frequencies upon which the blade is conducted. A blaster bolt would have a little bit harder time, because the Borg could adapt to it. The Alliance or Empire would have to use the same phaser-modulation technique as the TNG crew does against them, only with blasters -- and potentially disruptors, when blasters fail. Even the Borg can only absorb so much.

I didn't watch a lot of Voyager, so I can't say much about the Hirogen. Fortunately, my best friend can. I'll ask him.

The transwarp drive is fundamentally similar to hyperspace -- it has a ridiculous speed advantage over the traditional ships. They can't attack while in hyperspace, but who cares when they can move so fast?

I just recalled something I read in The Physics of Star Trek that refutes my own claims that Federation ships can't travel at FTL speeds in our dimension. I give on that point. However, given the energy level required for Federation ships to do that, it's unlikely that their weapons would be anywhere near full power, and they'd run out of torps eventually. They'd have to slow down to sublight speeds to effectively engage any SW ship, and then they'd be vulnerable to SW's more powerful weapons.

As for the Genesis Device, it's an unknown all over the board.

7. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    jp-30 has a dream team of lawyer's to sue black holes???? I do believe you've found the ultimate weapon, Alpha-Red.

He shudders mumbles in Gaelic something about breakin the laws of physics. lol:)

8. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    I didn't find it. He did.

9. seeker_two

Jan 3, 2003
    Sorry, but you can't have self-replicating mines unless the mines are stored somewhere else and beamed in by the other mines.

According to the DS9 Technical Manual, the self-replicating mines had an antimatter warhead. But, according to the TNG Technical Manual, you can't replicate antimatter. So, who's right? ?[face_plain]

As for using a black hole for power...no. jp-30's method of powering his laser works better than that -- that is, suing a black hole with a dream team of lawyers.

I could make a really bad joke about Michael Jackson, but I'll refrain... [face_devil]

Here's another interesting match-up that I just thought of....

Armus (TNG "Skin of Evil") vs. Yoda (or any Jedi).... :D

10. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Don't know, haven't seen the episode...I don't think. I don't bother to look at the names.

11. seeker_two

Jan 3, 2003
    Armus is giant oil slick that murdered Tasha Yar in the first season.... :(

12. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Jedi, no contest. Even pansy Jacen could kick its ass -- with Force lightning.

Go dark-side-power-that-really-isn't-a-dark-side-power-because-there-is-no-dark-side!!!!!

13. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    Ah yes, Armus the sludge puddle...dangerous guy...that is why you destroy his planet!

14. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Battlestar---They'd get killed
    Bab5- No shields, although their sublight seems to be faster. another SW win
    Trek-
    Star Trek uses antimatter as fuel. The one mention of antimatter in SW is in the han solo trilogy, and a small amount blew a moon up.
    Trek ships can survive a supernova (Voyager) but in the correlian trilogy we discover that GFFA ships cant, and there are mentions of SW ships being destroyed by solar flares caused by sith lords.
    Trek weapons are much more powerful that SW weapons, Photon Torps are antimatter torpedos and could be proximity detonated to take out whole fighter wings. Of course, a ST ship could also us its navigational deflector to smash fighters. Also, Trek ships can destroy planets by targeting fault lines and such (is used/mentioned in several trek books from Kirks era) which means that the enterprise E or the defiant would be easily capable of taging out SSD's and such,as their phasers are approx 1/4 the strength of a death star super laser. Then theres speed. As mentioned in the correlian trilogy, it taked months to go from the edge of a star system to the interior parts at SW sublight speeds, but trek ships can go at near relavistic (lightspeed) speeds with their sublight's. Also, SW ships cant use any sensors in hyperspace or even change course withou droping out of hyperspace (with rare exceptions such as the Hounds Tooth, in tales of the bounty hunters, Ithink it was that book anyway) while trek ships can fight in warp

15. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Psychosniper: Check out the earlier arguments by Alpha-Red for an update on the Star Wars vs Star Trek in Five Minutes. Very well researched and very informative. I give it a five star. :)

16. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Surviving a supernova is kind of impossible, yes, unless you're God or something?

Yeah. Thought so. Entire planets can't survive supernovae. No ship can, either, no matter how powerful. Even the Death Star would fall victim to one.

17. seeker_two

Jan 3, 2003
    Also, Trek ships can destroy planets by targeting fault lines and such (is used/mentioned in several trek books from Kirks era) which means that the enterprise E or the defiant would be easily capable of taging out SSD's and such,as their phasers are approx 1/4 the strength of a death star super laser.

?[face_plain]

ST ships are close in power to their equivalent-sized SW ships (Enterprise-E vs. Dreadnaught or Strike Cruiser or Defiant vs. Correlian Gunship). There is NO WAY that ST phasers are 1/4 the power of a Death Star superlaser. You'd need Borg or Species 8472 weaponry to get that power range.

I'd suggest that you read the prior pages to get an idea of SW vs. ST concept. It's a great read... :D

18. seeker_two

Jan 3, 2003
    Of course, you're welcome to post anytime after reading... ;)

19. seeker_two

Jan 3, 2003
    ...like now. :(

20. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    While we're waiting for _3MD_PsycoSniper to answer, how about another match? Let's say, Chewie vs a member of the Predator species, or Chewie vs a Herogen from the ST universe. (Personally I view the Herogens as nothing more than a bunch of wanna-be Predators with their serial #s filed off.) ;)

The setting would be Predator with the usual equipment against Chewie with his crossbow and what ever else he's got up his sleeve.

Second round would be just mono-e-mono claws, fangs and fists.

Ok, who would win in each round?

21. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Hellloooo? Anybody out there? (Heh, heh) Chewie vs. Predator? :cool: [face_mischief]

Oh and yes, let's assume Chewie is alive for this bout lest we mistakenly brand this a dead issue. :D ;)

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    How's about Starscream from TF vs. Wedge in an X-wing? Best Decepticon flyer vs. best Rebel/NR flyer.

23. Gabriel_

Gabriel_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2004
    Old Vader vs. Anakin Skywalker
    Young Anakin (Skywalker) vs. Young Anakin (Solo)
    Palpatine vs. Thrawn (Each has a deathstar & Fleet)

24. fettsrules

fettsrules Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    OK My fine stab at who woud win.

Palpatine vs. Thrawn

(Palpaltine wins if ther contest revolves around rallying systems and the political aspects of a military campaign)

(Thrawn wins if it revolves around the purly military aspects of the campaign)

25. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    I think both Anakins would get into confusion over their names and slice their own heads off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.