main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Who would win?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MaraJadeSkywalkerFF, Mar 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I think we did this before, but let's start this all over again.

Who would win...

... Darth Vader vs. Darth Maul?

I vote for Darth Vader. I think he's stronger in the force and had better control.

After we've suitably worn out these two Siths, somebody suggest a battle between two other (i.e. Wicket vs. Jar Jar, Mara vs. Leia, etc)

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Vader. No contest. [face_devil]

~*~Bria

3. KursariGama

KursariGama Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    Who knows...

I'm betting on a good guy finishing off whichever one wins though...

4. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Sounds like a safe bet to me on that one. ;)

~*~Bria

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Maul, in a straight sabre duel, would probably be able to take Vader after Obi-Wan thrashed Vader. It'd be close, though.

If Vader got to use the Force...well, in the TPM novel, Brooks has Maul doing most of the things Vader can, except Force-choke, but I don't see Vader using that as a weapon except to punish folks..

6. republic_not_empire

republic_not_empire Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Umm... Don't you use the force in a light sabre duel?

My vote goes for Vader, after all he is the chosen one.

7. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Yes, usually when battling with a lightsaber a person does use the Force. However non-Jedi (i.e. Han) can use them as well. I know this is brought up in the EU... there are several lightsabers in existance that are no longer in Jedi hands.

~*~Bria

8. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Yeah, Han could use a lightsaber well on a dead Wampa!

Even a non-Jedi could defeat a dead Wampa I guess... ;)

9. republic_not_empire

republic_not_empire Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
  10. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Vader all the way, man!

11. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I'd say Vader would win.

Phil

12. Fenix

Fenix Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2000
    Vader would win.

13. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    *Gasp* Reading back over the posts, I noticed an Oops.

Tauntaun I meant to say, not Wampa! [face_blush]

14. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Um, did you see Qui, Obi, and Maul using the Force extensively in their little battle, besides presumably for warning about what their opponent would do next?

15. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Ok, folks, y'all realize that they use the Force for millions of little things, don'tcha?

They use the danger sense, they use it to be aware of the details of their environment and to "see" what they can't see, they use it to augment their physical prowess (like jumping higher, farther, moving faster), they probably use it for balance, we see Obi use the "force push" quite a bit, and even tho we don't see it against a living opponent, that is another thing they could do. There's TONS of things they are doing, and the force is involved in every action. If you're a Jedi, you don't just say to yourself, "i could use the Force to guide my actions, but instead, b/c I'm such a great swordsman, i'll fight w/o it."

ALSO, sure, a lightsaber can be used like a sword, but imagine how much better it can be used by a swordsman who has the advantage of the Force!

The thing that was impressive about Vader was he was able to do multi-tasking - saber fighting WHILE throwing heavy objects!

Also, let's take into account that we have only seen small glimpses of the fighting skills of ALL the Sith and Jedi. To me the question is more about each of our sense's of those characters.

SO, in case you didn't get it, my opinion is that EVERYONE uses the Force in their combat.

My other opinion is:

Vader. Definitely Vader.
    Maul is too proud, too flashy, too immature.

But that's EpI Maul (the only one we'll ever know) vs. EpIV-VI Vader. Maybe if we ask this question again about EpIII Vader, we'd answer differently.

16. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Good points, jedigal!

Okay here's one: Mara vs. Leia

I'd have to go with Mara. Leia's powers in the force has more to do with mediating disputes, fighting isn't her strong point. So I think Mara would win

17. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Yeah, I'd go with Mara. Leia never finished her Jedi training.

Phil

18. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Winners:

Dark Lord of the Sith
    Emporer's Hand

19. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Totally Mara!

Leia would only win if she would have finished her training, like MER said. She could totally kick butt! I mean, she's a Skywalker!

20. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Mara, definitely Mara.

Now, if it was a war of WORDS - Leia would kick butt all over that galaxy.

"Darth Vader. Only you..." (just the way she says his name, that short little gal standing in front of that huge menacing Sith)

"I thought I recognized your FOUL STENCH when I was brought on board!"

"Would somebody get this walking carpet out of my way?"

"Why you scruffy-looking half-witted nerf-herder!"

"I don't TRUST Lando."

21. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Actually, I find the most interesting imaginary confrontations those that are between different fictional concepts.

For example, Batman vs. Darth Maul. I think Batman would be the eventual winner in this one. He's skilled enough to stay clear of Maul's lightsaber. I can also see Batman somehow analyzing the lightsaber and being able to develop cortosis ore based on that. That's assuming there'd be more than one confrontation.

Phil

22. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Hah! Maul would rip Batman to shreds. No way would Batman be able to deal with both a lightstaff and presumably Force attacks..

23. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Vader would win vs Maul easily. Maul just wasn't supposed to be that strong in the force.

Maul would kick Batman's ass in under 2 minutes.

Even though I know Mara would probably win, I'm going to choose Leia just to be difficult. I think she's smarter (Lisa please forgive me for saying this. Maybe I'm still a little bitter about the NJO Survivor thingy). Plus, Leia was able to strangle Jabba which took a lot of strength, and she was most likely pretty high at the time.

24. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Hmmmm.... I think the Batman / Maul contest would not be all that one-sided folks. The only way it would be such a quick Maul victory if Maul were able to get in close to Batman before Batman found out about the lightsaber weapon. Once Batman realizes what the saber can do, he will keep his distance. And, while I'm not a huge Batman fan, doesn't Batman have all kinds of cool tools and weapons? He could maybe get some kind of a grappling tool or whip to disarm Maul. But, like has been pointed out, a disarmed Maul is still armed, b/c he has the Force. OK, I just convinced myself... Maul would win - and probably PDQ.

25. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    The way Batman studies his foes? He'd have a ysalimiri tucked under his cape before going in to fight Darth Maul. ::chuckle:: It'd still be a good fight, though... and I figure the outcome would be up in the air. Now Maul vs. Superman, that's a shorter duel.

Darth Maul: ::sne--

Superman: ::flies in, yanks the lightsaber out of Maul's hand, crunches it into scrap metal, then slams Maul into the nearest wall with a flick of his finger before proceeding to pummel him into dreamland::

Darth Maul: --er::

Vader, OTOH, would probably pull out a Kryptonite lightsaber....

Mara vs. Leia? Mara, definitely. Leia's no slouch in a firefight, but one-on-one she'd be outclassed.

Thom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.