main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Who would win?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MaraJadeSkywalkerFF, Mar 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Actually, a fairer match would be Batman vs. Boba Fett, both just regular men with extraordinary training and equipment. I'd be partial to Batman again. I think he'd be the better hand-to-hand fighter.

Phil

2. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    How about Luke vs. Kyp?

I'd definitely have to go with... well, I bet everyone can guess my vote! ;)

3. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Luke would definitely win against Kyp. I've only read as far as Young Jedi Knights (past the 2/3 point of Shadow Academy), but I think Luke is far proficient in the Force than Kyp is. Both opponents have delved in the Dark Side, so they're even in that regard. Kyp has done far worse things under the Dark Side's influence than Luke ever did while he was serving the Emperor Reborn.

Phil

4. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Kyp won't fight that fairly, so that will be a disadvantage for the master.

5. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Definitely Luke. "Unfair" tactics of Kyp's notwithstanding.

How could anything be "unfair" anyway? In a fight to the death, nothing would be unfair.

In a fight to disarm and disable without killing, I guess some actions that have a very high risk of killing the opponent could be considered unfair, and it's possible that Luke wouldn't be expecting that, but I still don't think it would be a problem for Luke. Remember, during the fight he'll be reading Kyp's "sense" (Zahn's term) in the Force, and any change to "unfair" tactics would be accompanied by a change in Kyp's "sense" when he makes the decision to employ such tactics. I really don't see Kyp being able to surprise Luke, especially after all that has happened between them already.

6. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    Luke could take Kyp out. Might be a tough fight, but he could do it.

Here's an unusual one:

Wedge vs. Han... with =both= of them flying X-Wings

Just how skilled a pilot do you rate Han? Is it all familiarity with the Falcon, or could he do so well with anything? Picture this as an obstacle course/shooting range, not head-to-head fighting....

Thom

7. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Wedge. Man took an X-wing into a Death Star-and came out. You can say that about what? Four people in the galaxy?

8. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Wow, this is the toughest one yet! I think they're both excellent pilots.

I'm leaning towards Han though. I think he and Wedge are about equal on piloting, but Han is a bit more "creative" when push comes to shove.

9. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    I have to go with Han. Especially if he gets Chewie as his usual co-pilot (he's almost a part of the ship when Han flies).

10. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Would Chewie fit in an X-Wing? :D

11. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Then they could both fly in each others ships and compare the differences between the results. Han would win. Wedge would get smashed in that asteroid field. :)

12. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Wow. Excellent poser, Stardreamer!

As everyone has said, they BOTH are terrific pilots. And I'm not really all that convinced that Han is truly the more creative of the pair. You don't stay alive through all that Wedge has by being predictable.

If you put them both in X-Wings, I'd have to go with Wedge, just b/c of the familiarity factor. But, give Han a little sim time and then it gets REAL close. In that situation I'd go with Han. I think they match each other in piloting ability, but that the stress of having to combat a former ally would tell more on Wedge than it would on Han. Han would save his skin and deal with the emotional turmoil afterwards.

13. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    It looks like the first proposed battle in this thread will be featured in a Dark Horse comic book. Star Wars Tales #9, coming out on September 12, will have an Infinities story of Darth Vader vs. Darth Maul.

Phil

14. Napoleon

Napoleon Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2001
    I would have to say Vader would win definitely and Mara would beat Leia. As far as the Maul versus Batman. It really wouldn't matter between those two. Because Robin would beat both of them. LOL

15. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Okay, here's another one...

Jar Jar Binks vs. C3PO?

Hmh... I'll have to get back to you on my vote. It's hard to imagine either as imposing!

16. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Jar Jar... 3PO's too prissy. All he'd do is swing his arms, which might actually work cause Jar Jar IS quite clumsy...
    Either way, that'd be an interesting fight!

17. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Now this is an interesting vs. My first instinct as much as I hate to admit it is Jar Jar. If you believe Obi-Wan, and there is no such thing as luck, only the will of the force, Jar Jar must be very strong in the force. So in a fight just between the two of them I'd have to say Jar Jar. But I think R2 would come in and kick Jar Jar's a$$ to protect threepio.

18. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    I'd say Jar Jar as well. 3P0's range of movement is too restricted as it is, so Jar Jar, though clumsy, would most likely win.

19. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Jar Jar has more than enough "dumb luck" (or strength in the Force, whatever) to beat Threepio.

But really, would they actually fight? Threepio would say, "Oh my" a few times, and then he'd start talking back to Jar Jar in Gunga Basic. And Jar Jar would just be glad to have a conversation with someone who wasn't dissin' him. So they'd probably just have a pow-wow instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.