main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who would you like to see in a lightsaber face-off ?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sraw__rats, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTedTheodoreLogan

DarthTedTheodoreLogan Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 10, 2015

I like that idea. That would actually make a great first scene for Luke, IMO.

2. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    You read my mind lol

I think Luke will return impressively... we'll be thinking "man I thought Yoda was awesome, look at Luke!" lol

But if Kylo Ren is a cool and interesting bad guy I do want him to survive Episode VII. Please don't be another Darth Maul!

Dark Luke likes this.
  3. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Im not being sexist I just think the duel wouldn't last long.
    Obviously they can.

4. kip73

Mar 30, 2003
    Physical strength has little to do with how powerful a Jedi or Sith can become with the Force. Each individual has different potential, and I highly doubt their sex has anything to do with it.

5. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I want to see Leia fight someone, anyone at all.

6. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012

because she's a girl? that's pretty sexist to me, I have a cousin that is a boxer and female and I'm 100% sure you'd last all of 30 seconds in the ring with her

7. robbman21

robbman21 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    I haven't seen this posted anywhere so forgive me if it's been beaten to death elsewhere, but perhaps my biggest hope for this film is that when we finally get to see Luke in action...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not have him swinging his lightsabre around like it weighs 300lbs like we saw in the OT! Mark Hamill himself even pleaded for this when they were filming ESB so hopefully his deftness with a lightsabre matches his supposed mastery of the Force.

8. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    Enigo Montoya and Deadpool..."My name is Enigo Montoya, you killed my father, Darth Vader, I'm going to kill you now."

9. DarthTedTheodoreLogan

Jan 10, 2015

I would have to agree, but I also wouldn't want him to do any of the twirling, spinning, and flips we saw in the PT.

Sarge likes this.
  10. Cyreides

Cyreides Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 19, 2014
    As long as there isn't any of the clumsy and slow style twirls and spins and flips from the OT

Granek likes this.
  11. Granek

Jan 12, 2012
    yeah the OT 'duel's were horrible.. great when I watched them as a kid but very clunky

Cyreides likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So far, so good, but please tread carefully as this approaches the OT vs PT cliff of doom.

13. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    I liked both trilogies' duels. I think they both represented well the underlying plots...

14. Granek

Jan 12, 2012
    We've been told that the LS battles are 'minimalistic' but not more or less than we see in OT=PT. Perhaps we will have more LS duels in the films moving forward-to that I say YES.[face_praying] What I'd like to see during said duels would like to see more banter during the duels. Perhaps have the Dark sider attempt to lure Daisey or Finn's character. OR have Luke commenting on his opponent(s) skill or lack there of with a particular form.

15. Cyreides

Cyreides Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 19, 2014
    I don't really care about the banter. I'm just hoping the choreography of the duels is at least on the level of something like TOR cinematics. They're absolutely beautiful to watch and the best SW choreography I've ever seen.

16. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Luke vs Leia would be crazy... its like the most unthinkable duel but you've got this guilty desire to see it happen.

17. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Lets not go there.

18. DarthTedTheodoreLogan

Jan 10, 2015

I would love to hear Luke mirroring Vader's banter to some degree. Complimenting his skill, but telling him he would be a better fit for the light side.

Call me nostalgic, but my favorite duel will always be Vader vs Luke in ESB. Just something about the raw emotion. I get what you mean, though. Even diehard OT fans like myself chuckle a little bit when Alec Guinness does that awkward little twirl in ANH. Now mix the emotion in ESB and RoTJ with the skill in TPM... that equals perfection in my mind...

Granek and Force Smuggler like this.
  19. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I've trained women in Jiu-jitsu that I've watched dominate guys twice their size.

20. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Luke Versus Kylo (probably a given) and Luke versus Big Bad (If he fights in Ep VII) and there is actually a master to Ren.

21. Dark Luke

Dark Luke Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2014

That would be awesome, indeed!

22. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    Finn and Rey vs Kylo Ren, Kenobi x Qui-Gon vs Maul Style :cool:

23. kip73

Mar 30, 2003
    It also would be kinda cool to see a Sith turn back to the good side.

24. DarthTedTheodoreLogan

Jan 10, 2015
    ^Yes! This!^

And not have him die immediately thereafter...

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Banter? Cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.