main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who would you most like to see as the main villian of the film/trillogy?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by goldenlight, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldenlight

goldenlight Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2016
    Who would you most like to see as the main villian of the film/trillogy?

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Uh... you know the film is out, right?

3. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    It's either our friend goldenlight being someone who came from the past, or he posted this in the wrong thread... :p

4. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Assuming the question is serious: The main protagonists.

I'm a die-hard fan of Patrick McGoohan's The Prisoner and as to the question who is the ultimate bad guy, he (IMHO correctly) suggested within ourselves.

So the struggle the main protagonists might have with their own demons and devils would be intriguing to see, but I wouldbn't bet on that, since it's going to be a Disney movie.

Ezon Pin likes this.
  5. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    "So the struggle the main protagonists might have with their own demons and devils would be intriguing to see, but I wouldbn't bet on that, since it's going to be a Disney movie."

1: if TFA featured a hero protagonist who struggled with their demons and succumbed to them, would that not add to a sense of "precious little originality" that some have since that's exactly what Anakin did?

2: I guess you didn't watch the Disney film I recently watched, in which the antagonist was revealed to be a human struggling between the good and bad sides, and ultimately making a choice to embrace darkness, committing patricide in the mean time?

3: I guess you haven't watched numerous films that are made by companies owned by Disney, and which have themes that have more to them than the "it's Disney = kiddie", and which render any reductive umbrella descriptor of Disney films meaningless?

6. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    clinteastwoodbradfield

I'm was referring to a more elaborate struggle where we literally get more insight into what's actually going on in the heads of protagonists and antagonists.

All we have thus far (Anakin, Kylo) are simple descriptions (character being torn) which never really get inside their heads. We fill this void with our own speculations and rationalizations.

That's not a bad thing (as it motivates discussion) but I wouldn't mind to see more. And I don't think that Disney really has the answers why inconspicuous adolescents become child or school killers, so most likely Disney will resort to shallow descriptions rather than sound explanations.

7. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Sounds a lot like you're setting up a criteria into which no Star Wars film would or could ever fit if it were to fit into the tonality of the series as a whole.

Perhaps you could outline what you actually mean?

Also, "Disney" aren't writing the film. People are. And, as I've just pointed out, the most recent Star Wars film deals with the exact issue you mention. So Disney clearly aren't shy of "going there" - so what is it that you mean?

Also, we don't just have descriptions; we have character development.
    With Anakin (whatever one thinks of the execution of it) we see him taken from his mother, we see him lose her, we see him give in to hatred afterwards, we see him become hungry for power, and we see the way his fears are played on.

With Kylo, we see the torment on his face, we see how his emotions inform his actions, and we see that he makes terrible choices in an attempt to gain some sort of equilibrium as well as power.

8. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    I was merely responding to the thread question.

Regarding the tonality it will be Disney saying what is okay and what is not.

IMHO, Kyo Ren looks like the poster child of a child or school killer, naturally I'd like to learn how he became what he is in TFA and preferrably to the extent that it broadens our understanding why these things occur in the real world.

9. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    What tonality would you like? You're acting as if this is a saga that hasn't always been U/PG

I think it's absolutely fair to say that if y9ure looking for exploration of why people turn out to be serial killers in the real world, Star Wars is not the place to look.

10. Lt. Hija

Dec 8, 2015
    But I'm still entitled to say what I'd like to see, alright?

Just another stereotype of a child and/or school killer without examination won't do it for me.

11. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    That heinous, stealthy scoundrel Signature Clickbait. Lucifer incarnate.

One Quarter Portion likes this.
  12. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    actually i would like to see a new villain to help snoke bu the third movie, and kylo be redeemed.

13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Luke would make a great Villain.. :3

14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    No.

JediMatteus likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    And we're done here. Lock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.