main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who would you prefer to be the main character ?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sraw__rats, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I'm gonna go with Andy Serkis for the main character after the Big Three. I wouldn't be surprised to see either Boyega or Gleeson die at some point in the ST.

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Me too. It's a burden. :cool:

Death_Jar_Jar and T-R- like this.
  3. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    Daisy as Jaina for the lead, with Boyega as Luke's apprentice and either Isaac or Gleeson as the third.
    Gleeson (if not the third) would still be Luke's son as a major recurring supporting character.
    Isaac (if not the third) would still be a major support character as Han's protege in the New Republic military.
    Driver as Jacen is initially in the lead group, but gradually drifts apart and becomes the villain in later episodes.

If they do a romantic b-plot for Jaina it could be a triangle between Boyega as the trusted classmate who's trying not to develop attachments and Isaac as the charming young officer (who may be politically motivated to be Han's son-in-law).

4. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    Daisy and Boyega as co-leads, with Daisy being the "Luke" of the trilogy.

Chained Prometheus and Abadacus like this.
  5. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Watto's son, Wetto.

TX-20 likes this.
  6. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    John Boyega by a long shot. And not only that, but I think Domhnall Gleeson is playing a droid, so it was between Boyega and Ridley in the first place.

7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I don't think Gleeson will be a droid, as we already have enough droids.
    George Lucas said in the past that the only characters that will appear in all 9 movies are C-3PO and R2, there is no need for more droids.

8. Vehgah

May 8, 2014
    I wasn't sure. Isn't Anthony Daniels getting up there in age?

Anyway, I think people are jumping the gun with Gleeson. I think he'll have more of a supporting role if his billing is any indication.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Anthony Daniels is doing C-3PO.
    Some people are speculating that Von Sydow is the main villain of 7 and if true, you do realize that he's "billed" last, so the billing could mean nothing. At the end of the day nobody knows, it's all fun speculation.

T-R- likes this.
  10. Dhammer1

Dhammer1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 12, 2012
    Daniels is 68, but then again younger than Ford so I am sure he would be willing, although he is a whiner about all the physical injuries the suit creates.

11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    and according to Kenny Baker also a douche.;)

12. Vehgah

May 8, 2014
    I know he's doing C3PO, but I'm concerned about the future episodes.

Billing means something when you're of a relative similar fame as everyone else and nothing is alphabetical. And von Sidow is rumored to be the Big Bad, true, but the Emperor didn't show up until Empire. As we all know, SW Big Bads aren't always the most visible. Another reason the billing is important is how it stands up against the original cast billing on the same release. Ford is first and Baker is last. This aligns with the rumors that Han is more central than the other three. If Leia is his wife, then it makes sense Fisher be billed before Mark Hamil. And so on. There's a logic to the press release I think.

13. Dhammer1

Dhammer1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 12, 2012
    Among other metaphors:p

14. Vehgah

May 8, 2014
    I gotta be honest, this flew over my head.

15. Dhammer1

Dhammer1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 12, 2012
    A figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance, to whit he does not look like a
    "douche", and one would expect that "bag" would also be in the description, but one using the term would identify the party among people knowing the underlying term labeled on the person.

16. Vehgah

May 8, 2014
    I know what "metaphor" means . . .I was referring to the meaning of the sentence.

EDIT: Oh you're talking about the Kenny Baker comment.

17. Dhammer1

Dhammer1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 12, 2012
    Yup, that's the one, guess I was a bit confused, OK-- "I'll move along".

18. deathraygun

deathraygun Jedi Knight star 3

May 8, 2014
    I'm hoping Ford, Hamill, Fisher... As for the newer cast, I'm not interested in seeing any The Hunger Games in the SW universe. Isn't this particular saga really about the Skywalker line anyways?

19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    According to George Lucas it is supposedly.

deathraygun likes this.
  20. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    I really like the idea of a female protagonist. At the moment that would look like Daisy although I'd be interested in if/who would be the other female that might be cast. I think a female lead would provide more diversity to Star Wars and I think that the Hunger Games and Aliens before it have proven that a strong female protaganist can lead to massive box office. I would like there to be a main protagonist because I think that it gives a film more focus something that I think is an issue with films like No Country For Old Men and Avengers Assemble.

Personally I would like three new females as the main characters. Either two female protagonists and one female antagonist or vice versa. A less sexualised Darth Talon (or similar) because I don't think that would be needed for a strong female villain, would be a direction I'd like the trilogy to go in. As good as Dooku was I really think that they missed an opportunity by not including Asajj or Sith witch in AOTC.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  21. deathraygun

deathraygun Jedi Knight star 3

May 8, 2014

I'm not opposed to a Ventress type character, or even an Ahsoka type character. And Aliens / THG weren't existing franchises with already established characters. I'm not opposed to the D -word, but I also prefer characters aren't introduced solely for that purpose. If Von Sydow is a antagonist, I hope they make him more menacing than Dooku's character was. And no brown capes.

22. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Especially since I'm more convinced than ever that Gleeson won't be playing Luke's son, I think the lead will be Boyega, as Luke's apprentice and metaphorical (or maybe even actual?) adopted son. But what I'm hoping is that his role will be equal to that of Ridley's, her being the actual progeny of the Skywalker bloodline, as well as the first major female character who will most likely get to use a lightsaber.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  23. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    Normally I'd be rooting for Boyega. I actually think he'd make a great lead. But this being Star Wars... I really, really want a female Skywalker/Solo. That's why I'm hoping Boyega and Ridley share the main spot.

I'd actually be pretty disappointed if Gleeson were the lead.

24. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

Please Jar Jar u never right about anything.

Yes I do believe some people want a Skywalker/Solo in the lead but lets not pretend that the only reason for people trying to knock John down some of its racism pure and simple. This is not directed at anyone in particular but we have seen quite a few people on these very boards make arguments based on subtle to blatant racism.

25. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Considering that you accused me of racism in the Boyega thread I can confirm that in at least some cases you're seeing racism where it isn't there.

Pro Scoundrel and Darth_Pevra like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.