main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Who You'd Be Today (Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, rememberance) one shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AngryWarrior, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngryWarrior

AngryWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    Who You'd Be Today
    By AngryWarrior
    Summary: Obi-Wan remembers a good friend
    Timeline: 5 yrs post The Defenders of the Dead (JA #5)
    Disclaimer: I don?t own any of the characters and the song is sung by Kenny Chesney and does not belong to me but I just changed a few words to make it work for the story.
    Thanks to my Master I_am_Kooky and Killik_Twilight for beta reading it.

~~~~~~~~
    Who You'd Be Today

Today was a special day. It was a day when fallen Jedi and friends wer remembered. They could be remembered in poems, stories, song or silence.

But for Obi-Wan today was important for another reason. Five years ago today he lost a dear friend who died for something she believed in. To honor his friend he had written a song for her. After thinking it through and asking the Force if he should sing it aloud. He let the Master in charge of today?s ceremonies know that he wished to contribute to the day.

Many Jedi talked about old friends, and as Obi-Wan?s time drew near he became very nervous. His Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, picked up on his nervousness and walked up to his Padawan.

?Obi-Wan, are you feeling well?? he asked.

?Kinda Master, its just that today is her five year anniversary and?.? He could not finish the sentence without having his emotions take over.

Qui-Gon understood how he felt, he too had lost many friends in the past. It had slipped his mind about his Padawan?s friendship with the young girl he had met on Melida/Daan.

?Our next remembrance will be led by Senior Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi,? the Master in charge of ceremony announced. This took Master Qui-Gon by surprise but like others he was eager to listen.

Obi-Wan began by telling those who gathered, ?Today is a very sad day for me, five years ago I lost one of my best friends on Melida/Daan. She was trying to bring peace to her planet, and her life was cut short by one of the opposition leaders. To honour her, I wrote a song. I was not planning on singing it in public, but after much thought I decided to share it with everyone here today.?

Sunny days seem to hurt the most.
    I wear the pain like a heavy cloak.
    I feel you everywhere I go.
    I see your smile, I see your face,
    I hear you laughin' in the rain.
    I still can't believe you're gone.

It ain't fair: you died too young,
    Like the story that had just begun,
    But death tore the pages all away.
    Force knows how I miss you,
    All the hell I've been through,
    Just knowin' no-one could take your place.
    An' sometimes I wonder

Would you see the world? Would you chase your dreams?
    Settle down with a family,
    I wonder what would you name your babies?
    Some days the sky's so blue,
    I feel like I can talk to you,
    An' I know it might sound crazy.

It ain't fair: you died too young,
    Like the story that had just begun,
    But death tore the pages all away.
    Force knows how I miss you,
    All the hell I've been through,
    Just knowin' no-one could take your place.
    An' sometimes I wonder,

Who you'd be today?
    Today, today, today.
    Today, today, today.
    Sunny days seem to hurt the most.
    I wear the pain like a heavy cloak.
    The only thing that gives me hope,
    Is I know I'll see you again some day.
    Some day, some day, some day.

Obi-Wan concluded his time by saying, ?Her name was Cerasi and I dedicate this song to her.?

As he finished his song there was not a dry eye in the crowd, including his Master. As Obi-Wan stepped down from the stage, Qui-Gon walked up to him and put his arm across Obi-Wan?s shoulders.

?She was a special individual and will always be with you, as will I,? Qui-Gon said.

Obi-Wan replied as he wiped the tears from his eyes, ?Yes she was a very special person and I know you both will be with me no matter what. Thank you.?

They continued to walk side by side to their apartment, as Master and Padawan like father and son.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Very sweet AngryWarrior.

Singing a song he'd written was a very special gift.

3. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Very nice, AngryWarrior!

It's sad, and yet sweet that Obi-wan would do that for her. Bravo!

KT

4. AngryWarrior

AngryWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    Healer Leona and KT thanks for the reviews. I'm kicking around another songfic dealing w/ Diamond Rio's song One More Day and will feature Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Anakin. I also plan on it taking place a few year after Arctic Wolf's story Returning Home * http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=1758404&brd=10016&start=1972933 *. Arctic Wolf is my old screen name.

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    That was a nice story. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.