main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Who Your Friends Are. Flash-fics. Leia & friends. Post: 09/30.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 15, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    By Nyota's Heart

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun.

Characters: Leia, Winter, Mara & more.

Genre: Introspection and everyday snapshots of friendship.
    AN: Loved the glimpses of young Leia and Winter I've read recently and always thought Leia and Mara would be fascinating as friends to explore. :cool:

~!

Winter was a close friend of Leia's growing up. A confidante, stand-in for certain official functions rather like the Nabooian Handmaidens for the Queen. It wasn't long until what started as duty turned into natural affinity. It was fortunate they got along. Winter was very accommodating, frankly, to Leia's prankishness. Thankfully, usually, Leia had a solid strategy for wriggling out of thorny explanations. A combination of quick thinking and clever words.

Winter was also phenomenal when it came to helping with academic subjects. Leia didn't call it cheating per se, just taking advantage of available resources.

+++++

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Aw, I love Leia and Winter's friendship! They balance each other out.

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    I'm very amused at Leia being the one who leads them into trouble as kids (well, of course she does -- that rebel). [face_laugh] Winter is like her same-age older sister, really. :p Though I'm pretty sure Bail and Breha would have some thoughts on Leia's "certain point of view" on asking Winter's help with schoolwork. Would definitely like to see more of this if the inspiration strikes.

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Oooh, looking forward to more of this! Love the Leia/Winter friendship, and would live to see more about Leia and Mara's relationship :)

Kahara, AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    That latter will definitely feature, as well as Winter's "opinion" about Han [face_laugh] [face_love]

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  6. metophlus

metophlus Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 30, 2015

I hope they make out!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love to see Winter in this. great little piece

8. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Sounds like Leia is a little instigator! But then she's a little negotiator, too. They have a sweet sisterly bond.

9. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Sweet! I like "just taking advantage of available resources" :)

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ~!

Neither Winter nor Leia were much into the social function thing & the cursory mingling. Winter, the gentlemen were crashing bores in the intellect department; Leia, she found them all too shallow and syncophantsy. It was odd, when one looked back on it, both Leia and Winter fell in love with pilots.

Tycho Celchu however was not as much of a rogue as Han however.

Literally, a scoundrel type. Winter teased Leia often about that, although when Leia threw Isolder over, Winter was relieved!

Tycho had lost his fiance with the loss of Alderaan so him winding up with Winter was doubly gratifying. He treated Winter with a gentle affection and gratitude that warmed a friend's heart to see.

++++

:D

Annia Piet, Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Both formed great couples.

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  12. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You are always straight to the point with the things that you write. (I hope I can learn that too one fine day. My flaw is that I always go "blah, blah, blah!")

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  13. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Ha, I love Winter finding society men crushing bores :p

14. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Ha, I can just imagine Winter's relief at Leia being rid of Isolder, and how that would probably show how much her opinion of Han had changed. :p Not that Isolder was such a bad guy in the end, but definitely not the best match for Leia. And Tycho and Winter's bond being partly because of what happened to Alderaan is one of those ironic and poignant things -- somehow the destruction also created bonds, even if it took years for them to coalesce.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mara Jade - the first and last person Leia would expect to ever, ever bond with. But when she saw how happy Luke was with Mara, Leia couldn't help it. She became curious and decided to investigate what was behind the prickles. What she found was vivacity, intelligence, resilience, and loyalty.

Leia could not help but give her filial approval, although if she hadn't, she had a feeling Luke would have married Mara anyway. Frankly, Leia knew all too well the seeming incongruity of on the surface crazy love matches, which were really at their source, sheer perfection.

+++++

[face_love]

Annia Piet and Kahara like this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Leia sees right through the surface

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    She does. It's a gift. [face_love]