main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whoa.....mad spoilers from TOS

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darthparth, Sep 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    Link:

http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2001/09/news20010904.html

Text for Dark Journey:

In Dark Journey by Elaine Cunningham, Jaina Solo's escape from the Yuuzhan Vong forces her to seek haven in the Hapes Cluster where the Jedi are held responsible for a tragedy long past. The young Jedi is caught among sinister hosts, murderous pursuers and her own thirst for revenge.

I guess she's captured in SbS, probably during the mission

Text for Rebel Dream:

Meanwhile, in Aaron Allston's Rebel Dream, the New Republic Council has lost hope for victory, ordering Wedge Antilles to take control of the military to cover their retreat. Not willing to accept defeat, Luke, Mara, Han, Leia and Lando establish a Resistance... just like old times.

Wow~! Just, wow, that, for me anyway, came right out of the blue.

DarthParth

2. doctordrinkalot

doctordrinkalot Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2000
    so that means the galaxy is lost. Wow, i hope that doesn't happen. It would make everything up to that pointless. those are pretty good spoilers

3. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I'm not giving up on the galaxy yet. But this inept NR government desperatley needs reform. I doubt it will survive the war.

4. Rogue_Solo

Rogue_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2001
    I've just been waiting for the Rebellion to resurface after Vector Prime. It's about time.

5. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Ohh, the NR is gone. Its retreating... and calling on an (ex-)fighter pilot turned General to lead their retreat. I expect to see Ackbar and some other oldies again soon. Maybe they die in Star by Star, but I still think we'll see them.

The Skywalker/Solo gang has started up a new Rebel Alliance! Yums.

6. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Also don't forget that the Rebel Dream summary eliminates Luke, Mara, Han, Leia and Lando from contention for dying in SBS.

That realistically leaves... Anakin and Jacen?

Things that make you go hrmmmmm...

7. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    These books sound way cool and the covers look great, but they make me worry for all the Solo kids... Yes, I do like them and *hope* (if there is any left) that none perish...

I do love the drawing of Jaina though, and I also love the forming of the new "Rebel Alliance", idea. :)

8. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah, the resistance aspect sounds like a good thing. :)

9. MaceWindu73

MaceWindu73 Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2001
    In SBS, the big death actually might be the destruction of Coruscant. I'm sure there would be some kind of mention of a death affecting Jaina for her novel.

10. ObiWanSpicoli

ObiWanSpicoli Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2001
    "Meanwhile, in Aaron Allston's Rebel Dream, the New Republic Council has lost hope for victory, ordering Wedge Antilles to take control of the military to cover their retreat. "

It's about frelling time! Go Wedge!!!

11. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    And it was also said that Wraith Squadron is to return in Allston's duology.

Whether this just means the squadron, or some of our old favorites from the X-Wing Series, only time will tell.

12. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Man, i'm so psyched now! This is just what i needed after a terrible day of school! Why can't they all just come out now!

13. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    What is the deal with Jaina hiding out in the Hapes Cluster? I understand why she might need to get away from it all for a while, but there are definitely better places to do that. She could have gone some where that the people don?t have a culturally born hatred for Jedi (the Fondor incident probably didn?t help in that regard either).

And if she is going to Hapes, does this mean that we will get to see more of Tenel Ka? That character deserves to get much more attention from the authors in my opinion.

I don?t like being redundant, but I felt that I needed to state that in this thread too.

14. LoveisSuicideSP

Apr 23, 2001
    Maybe she doesn't have a choice but to hide out in the Hapes Cluster. Maybe Fondor gets destroyed...It's too early to tell.

15. Kelly

Kelly Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2001
    Wedge is in command of the military, or at least they want him to be. Which begs the question in my mind...what happens to the last military commander? Admiral Kre'fey? This does not bode well for him, folks.

16. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    Wait a second, they want Wedge to cover their retreat?!?!?

It just doesn't sound like Wedge to do something like that...

17. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    Is that supposed to be Wedge on the cover of Rebel Dream? I really like it; he looks like he's aged pretty well.

18. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    vaguely remember what Denis Lawson looked like 5 years ago. Its accurate.

19. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    I can't wait either. but I won't get SBS till Christmas! No!!!!!! I'll surly know the whole plot by then! NO!!! I want to read the spoilers not see them. NO!! why can't SbS come out later? WHY?

20. LoveisSuicideSP

Apr 23, 2001
    I was originally going to ask for Star By Star for Christmas like i did Balance Point, but I don't know if I'll be able to wait that long. I might just save up $25 and buy it the day it comes out. I'm so excited!

21. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Whomever said that they would have to mention the loss of someone close to Jaina in the Dark Journey summary if it was Anakin or Jacen to die . . . Just to add some fuel to that fire, the listings for the book itself (I believe it was a Barnes and Noble listing, but I can't recall for sure) started the summary with something along the lines of "after a deep personal loss, Jaina Solo blah blah blahs." So, technically, a deep loss has been mentioned, but not necessarily in the TOS text.

22. DarthLefty

DarthLefty Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    The deepest loss Jaina could feel is her twin brother. They're kind of counterparts, ya know. That would certainly be enough to lead Jaina to vengence, and probably the dark side. Jacen does have the highest bounty in the galaxy on his head, plus the warmaster wants him bad. I think he may likely kick the bucket (though i would actually hate to see it).

23. Jedi-Sith

Jedi-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 4, 2001
    Hey this is a spontatneous thing of the moment thought but here goes...

I dont know if any one else has said this but maybe her deep personal loss is Jacen is captured presumed dead by the Vong. I mean, Tsavong Lah wanted him personally and alive so it would make sense that they would capture him. Maybe he has been turned into one of those Jedi-Vong thingy's that Tahiri almost became.... that would seem to be a pretty deep personal loss. Jaina would probably be ripped apart from Jacen through the Force aswell. Becoming a Jedi-Vong might break the connection between the twins. I haven't read Rebirth or many of the spoilers but I thought I read something about someone high up agreeing with the heresay stuff of the shapers in Conquest... so this thing doesn't seem to be over and Tsavong Lah would probably put Jacen through it.
    Jacen may stay like this until Destiny's Road when hopefully he can be rescued

24. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    I don't want Jacen to die! Jacen is just getting cool!

25. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Never thought that would happen, did I. :)

Jedi-Sith: Cool theory. I like it, but to bad Jacen can't die right before they would rescue him. Shucks ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.