main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whoa, waitaminute...

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by DanakinSkywalker, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    Since when is the Saga Snowtrooper a new mold? I swear I've read on here countless times that it was a repack like Maul and Leia. I opened an extra one today for the hell of it and discovered a friggin' awesome sculpt. Not only that, but it has a different mold of the E-Web cannon (the trigger is in the hand grips, not on the barrel).
    I apologize if this is old news, and I'm sure it is, but I just figured it out today and was a little surprised.

2. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Doncha luv those pleasant little suprises. It's too bad he's not a pegwarmer here, I want more of this fella!

3. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I just got 4 loose ones in the mail today. I love him.

4. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    That figure is one of the better ones from 2003... he doesn't have lots of articulation and he's basically locked in one pose, but his detail and his gigantic cannon totally make hime worth every penny of what I paid for him.

5. lukehu

lukehu Jedi Master star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    Snowtrooper is definitely a brand-new figure, I never doubt that for a second. But the followings are not.

Yoda (Jedi High Council): Used the exact same mold and paint from Episode 1.

Yoda (Army of the Republic): Used the exact same mold and paint from SAGA Yoda, but added a jacket.

Ayy Vida (Outlander Nightclub Patron): A slightly remolded figure from one of Jabba's Palace dancers (POTF2). No wonder the face looked so ugly.

R-3PO (Hoth Evacuation): Used the same mold from SAGA deluxe C-3PO, but repaint in red.

6. I_Killed_Them

I_Killed_Them Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2003
    Actually, of what you mentioned, only the Jedi Council Yoda is a repaint.

The Clone Wars Yoda is a new sculpt. R-3PO is not a repainted deluxe C-3PO, however the Ultra C-3PO is. And Ayy Vida is also new, compare her to Jabba's dancers, the difference is very clear (articulation/pose/actual new sculpt).

7. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    Ayy Vida is a mix and match of old and new parts. The old parts came from a figure included in the Episode I set that included Watto, the twi'lek, and someone else who I can't think of.

R-3PO is an entirely new figure.

Jedi Council Yoda is the same mold as the Episode I version, but the paint job is totally different.

The Clone Wars Yoda is a new sculpt... the only thing that was reused was the head.

8. Lord_Skywalker

Lord_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    nevermind

9. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    Actually the head is the same, it's the arms and torso that are different, I think.

10. I_Killed_Them

I_Killed_Them Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2003
    Ayy Vida is a mix and match of old and new parts. The old parts came from a figure included in the Episode I set that included Watto, the twi'lek, and someone else who I can't think of.

Yeah, I can see that now. That 3-pack was so rare I never found one.

11. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    The new Snowtrooper kicks arse, as others have said, it's a huge improvement over the POTF2 versions and well worth picking up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.