Whoa, We're Moving????

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by fistofan1, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    What does this mean? Is there going to be a new web address? Will all our information (bios, icons, etc.) stay the same? Is The Force.net moving also?

[face_thinking] [face_worried] [face_thinking]
  2. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    You'll find better answers in the Comms thread, but yeah, we're moving in the near future. Hopefully we'll be able to retain all the info we have in the new server, and I think the address will remain the same. THis doesn't have much to do with TF.N, that website won't be affected at all. It's just IGN who's showing us the door as far as hosting our forum. It does mean, however, that the boards will go completely off-air for a while.
  3. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    How long is a while? [face_worried]
  4. XCell Jedi Master

star 4
  5. Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Knight

star 3
  6. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    Hopefully less than the time between the airing of episodes in Season 2.
  7. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Aw man, you're right! I have to get my jokes ready...

Oh, and if the mods are really fooling us, I may not be able to contain the anger of my Dark Side...[face_devil]
  8. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    The goal is to transfer all the existing data and threads to the new forum format, which itself will be as close in design to our existing system as possible (though there will be minor differences), though we can't guarantee something unforeseen won't happen during the database export/conversion.

However, all effort is being put into avoiding the loss of information that occurred way back during the move from UBB to our current system.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.