main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Whoa...Whole New World, Huh?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by RogueNine, Dec 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueNine

RogueNine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    I used to be known as "GoBlue92." I am now called "RogueNine," after Corran Horn (a.k.a Keiran Halcyon).

Tell Bobafemme that I've finished with the Jedi Academy Trilogy and I'm currently reading "I, Jedi." What a relief, Mr. Stackpole has come to ease the pains from reading Mr. Anderson's trilogy.

Don't worry, I'm still reading the posts, even though I don't really participate too much.

I've ordered the new-release of the Star Wars Trilogy (Widescreen) because my previous Special Edition tapes wore out (*sniff*).

Talk to you all later --

~RogueNine

2. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Once again, I have to come to the defense of Jedi Academy. Great trilogy, folks. Get with the program..... :)

3. Fenix

Fenix Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2000
    Yeah, I always wondered that...what's so wrong with the Jedi Acadamy Trilogy?
    It's one of my favorites(2nd to the Thrawn trilogy, though).

4. KursariGama

KursariGama Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    *Buzzes over innercomm*
    RogueNine! You are violating Evil Overlord airspace. You will be shot down and taken to a lavishly prepared dinner; of which you will be the guest of honor. If you refuse you will be fed to ravenous midgits wearing G-strings. As you can tell they are _not_ happy.

However, did you realize what a pain it is to go change your sig...oiy vey.
    *End Transmission*

5. RogueNine

Dec 5, 2000
    I was known as "GoBlue92" during the old forum dayz, so I took the opportunity to make a new name for myself.

The JA Trilogy just wasn't the best. I mean, how many times exactly does Han and Lando change ownership of the Falcon? C'mon!

I'll admit though, the Trilogy did get better, the third book pretty much saved the Trilogy.

6. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hi RogueNine/GoBlue92!

I agree on the preference to "I, Jedi".

Hope you win the lottery so you don't have to work so hard and can hang out with us!

7. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    They changed ownership as much as they saved their *sses in tight spots! While I hated to see one die, I think it was important that Chewie died. It showed that while SW is one hell of a great universe, it's a real place.

I, Jedi - great book. Now, if you starting riping "Children of the Jedi", I just might split this winning lottery ticket with you. THAT, my friends, is probably the worst EU book ever written. Had possibilities....oh, it did, but the author stunk it up.

8. KursariGama

Nov 29, 2000
    Where to start on "Children of the Jedi"?
    Where to start...

9. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Children of the Jedi...

Excuse me while I reach for the Pepto Bismol...

10. RogueNine

Dec 5, 2000
    After reading "I, Jedi," I get to experience "Children of the Jedi." Hopefully it's not as bad as you all say -- maybe it can pass by the Jedi Academy Trilogy -- I'm obviously kidding.

Any reports on "Balance Point?" I've picked it up but haven't read it yet, no spoilers, please!

11. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Rogue 9, you will love Balance Point!!!

Skip CotJ, and get BP. I couldn't wait to find out what would happen next. Loved it. And lots of good character development, if you're into that sort of thing. (I am.)

12. Empyre

Empyre Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2000
    BP is my third favorite after the zahn Duology. I hat e the fact that so much is left hanging and the next book isn't till May.

13. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Balance Point is very very very good!

14. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    For everybody that has read "Balance Point" and knows the news inside it - have you found the hidden image on the cover? Here's a link to the item at TheForce.net - but definately read the book, since it is pretty damn good. But for those that know the info - check out the link for a hidden pic on the cover.

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?action=getstory&storyID=8243

15. RogueNine

Dec 5, 2000
    Thanks for the insights on "Balance Point." What's really sad is that I own all of the New Jedi Order books but I haven't read any of them (I know Chewie bites the dust in "Vector Prime).

I'm just catching up on the Solo children's lives -- hopefully it'll help me out with their characters as they move on into the New Jedi Order series.

16. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey RogueNine, your getting close to my neck of the woods. Do you go up to Brookings much? I went to school there. SDSU. Anyway, the crystal star was as bad as the children of the Jedi.(I think) The X-wings series is still the best in my opinion. But as for stories with the original characters - The Zahn triology still set a high mark and I don't think there is a lot of books in the EU that has came close so far. Maybe the JA. I am still playing catch up! One day I will get to the NJO series. But right now I am reading the Black Fleet crisis triology and almost done.

JediLars

17. KursariGama

Nov 29, 2000
    I just read Agents of Chaos II. Good book.

Haven't read any of books right before it. (ie Vector Prime and onward)
    Found this up at the local Target. Picked it up along with Immortal, a Buffy the Vampire Slayer book,(also very good) and The General's Daughter. I have yet to read that one.

18. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Okay JediLars, where is your neck of the woods? I grew up in Rosebud (South Central SD).

19. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Hey, JediLars, we seem to be about even in our SW readings. I just finished Black Fleet Crisis: Tyrant's Test this morning and have started reading The New Rebellion this afternoon.

Phil

20. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey BF, I grew up in East Central SD (Wolsey) which is close to Huron. But my folks now live in Martin SD which is in your back yard!

JediLars

21. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Well, I'll be. Our school used to take field trips to Martin to see the dentist. Pretty sad when schools have to bus kids for 1 1/2 hours for dental care.

22. RogueNine

Dec 5, 2000
    JediLars:

Madison is only about 30 miles away from Brookings -- I do usually head up there since I do have a couple of friends still going to school there. Hobo Days is always fun to attend.

My brother currently goes there.

23. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Hobo Days was always a 7 day party. sometimes longer. Always had great fun, unless one of the Prof decided to have test that week. Blah!! I had friends who went to DSU when I was at SDSU so I did make my journey down to Madison for the homecoming! And a few other parties.

JediLars

24. JediLars

Nov 27, 2000
    Bobafemme, Rosebud SD, been through there a few times. Home of the prairie dog farms!!

JediLars

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.