main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whoa.... you guys were right.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Nitro29, Feb 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_A1A

Jedi_A1A Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2001
    Wow. All I can say is that for people who hate the EU so much, it sounds like the did an awful lot of research by reading the books just to make fun of it.

2. Darth Pikachuwbacca

Darth Pikachuwbacca Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2000
    I remember that thread... is it still open? I haven't been to the PSA forum for years!

As for SithSpit's comments, I tend to agree with him somewhat.

For example, some people tend to frown on people like myself who think the GoDV books are too ridiculous to even be considered EU canon. But that's neither here now there.

To state that more clearly, in some threads, people have said "Well, I only read the novels" then other people will say "Well, you're not even getting a tenth of the EU!" or someone says "I like Zahn" to which the reply is "Zahn writes inferior SW novels!" So basically this forum is not as peaceful as we may claim. That being said however, it is much more civil than ANY of the movie forums. (Not to make too big of a generalization, but) Perhaps because the majority of the spoiler forum members are young preteens who see reading as 'uncool' and are unable to express their arguments in a rational way.

(And as for not getting all the EU: I collect the novels and the comics, because that is all I can afford. I come here to read about the short stories, and other things, to help fill in the gaps... and to express my dislike for GoDV! Ha!)

3. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    Jedi_A1A-Most of them claim that they were deceived, addicted, hypnotized- basically, they believe that a temporary lapse of reason compelled them to read the EU.

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    You have a right to dislike GODV all you like, but the fact remains they still exist in the officially sanctioned continuity, [face_laugh]. That's not going to change anytime soon, ;), :D. But continue to hate them, you are more than welcome too, :cool:.

5. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I know of plenty of movie fans who are polite and do not troll. Don't bother trying to get them to like EU if your only argument is "EU is better than the movies, man!". Instead, try to support arguments with facts and good quotes, and know when to pick your battles.

I'd like to add that it is my opinion that because the adaptations are EU, some connections to other EU for the sake of continuity are welcome.

Just think, in 2006 these trolls will want more SW, but will only have 6 movies. You, on the other hand, will have new EU for years to come. But don't tell them that. :p

6. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

I'm blind! I'm blind!

I just got hit by a million shades of pink!

Dear lord it's like a bottle of Peptobysmol exploded on my screen.

Make it stop!!!

7. JediLaw

JediLaw Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2001
    Why can't one poster say "I can't stand GoDV!" without someone bringing up the, "doesn't matter what you think, its still official continuity." Do not assume that just because someone doesn't like an EU work that they also believe it shouldn't be part of official continuity. :)

I say this with all respect and good tidings and other flowery things!!!! :)

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Why can't one poster say "I can't stand GoDV!" without someone bringing up the, "doesn't matter what you think, its still official continuity." Do not assume that just because someone doesn't like an EU work that they also believe it shouldn't be part of official continuity."

Yes, It's your right to believe it shouldn't be part of continuity but it's LFL's prerogative as to what they do with it though, :D. But you still have your oppinion and that's respectable, :).

9. JediLaw

Oct 30, 2001
    But by saying, "I don't like GoDV", I may or may not be saying, "I don't think that GoDV should be included in the official continuity." In this case I am saying, while GoDV is included in official continuity, I just don't like it.

Continuity has nothing to do with it. :)

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    and thus it is your right to not like it, ;), :D.

11. JediLaw

Oct 30, 2001
    You're a cool guy, Valiento!

Rock on. :)

12. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

...and with that Jedilaw and Valiento moved on in their search for Sir Galahad and King Arthur. But in the dark forest of Ewing in the dead of winter, they forced to eat Valiento's minstrels.

Wassghh! Munch munch munch...

And their was much rejoicing.

Yayyyy.

13. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    GODV nooks are soooooooooooooooo bad(like some saturday morning cartoons), they end up being totally hilarious and great for spoofing, :D.

14. JediLaw

Oct 30, 2001
    . . . but not before the weirun of the bridge came to life and offered Valient and Jedilaw its capstone to halt the aurolani hordes from crossing over and pillaging the land.

15. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    Arghhh! Pink!(is that Watto in a diaper?)
    anyway, I feel stupid for asking this, but what is GODV?

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    ROTFLOL. Speaking of which My name is take on Prince Valient. I created the name for Quest For Glory series, thinking of what would be a heroic name, so I thought of valient, and a character like that spaniard on princess bride, and came up with Valiento.

17. JediLaw

Oct 30, 2001
    you know, Valiento, I have been coming to these boards for about 2 years and have always wondered where your name came from. Back then I was the humble Jeditech. (I was on a Robotech kick). Now we know the origin. and blast all those who have called you Valentino!!!!

By the way, Jedilaw is because . . . dare I say it . . . i am an attorney.

18. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "and blast all those who have called you Valentino!!!!"

Thanks man, :D.

Cool, nice logical nick.

19. JediLaw

Oct 30, 2001
    Yeah, as an attorney, I have a special affinity for Mr. Stackpole's Nwara Ven. The trial of Tycho in the X-wing series was very accurate, in an Ally McBeal sort of way. ;)

20. Crow_T_Fett

Crow_T_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Feb 6, 2002
    A thread where everyone explained their names would be interesting, but the admins would probably lock it for being off-topic... :(

21. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

CTF,

Actually, I already did that about 6 months ago.

Heck, might even still be around if you dig deep enough.

22. Crow_T_Fett

Crow_T_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Feb 6, 2002
    Nah, not worth the trouble.

23. DaJames2

DaJames2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2002
    If anyone really wants to know, (and sorry if the topic gets locked for this) "DaJames" arose because i was still a nameless lurker when i was reading a Yavin Survivor thread that was really funny. I was laughing my head off, so my sister came in and i told her what i was doing, and she started going on about Chewie getting voted off "da island" and she found out that i was thinking of signing up with the boards, so she insisted that i call myself DaJames, and made sure i went through with it.

I've gotten used to it, so i never changed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.