side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    I can't believe this! George is making another film?!?! When does one man stop? Hasn't he got enough money already? He's obviously just another selfish Hollywood blockbuster maker, only interested in money and not in making a mature contribution to the art of cinema. How many more films will have to be made to further Mr Lucas' love for money?

I'm giving up on this cash whore. It's just one cynical grab for cash after another.

You have lost a fan, Mr Lucas. [face_plain]

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    What the hell are you talking about? Of COURSE there should be another movie. We can't let the series end on such a down note with so many things left to be explained. It'd be terrible if E3 was the end of the series and Sidious/Anakin were ruling the galaxy and we never know what happens to the children, or to Obi-Wan, or Yoda. It isn't about making money... it's about finishing what he started.

3. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Well if he was so interested in "telling the story" why couldn't he cover it in three films? If he has so much "vision", surely he also has the skills to fix it up in three films. The LOTR series only have three films and they cover much more storyline than the SW ones. Leaving Episode Three open like it was was a brilliant move, a fantastic contribution to art. A nihilist vision of the future, where all doesn't go to plan. We are left with a breathtaking ending, and a shocking story of betrayal. What else needs to be said?

This just smacks of money-grabbing. What's next? Will it be another trilogy? I can't believe this guy and his love for cash. [face_plain]

4. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    But why did you think it would end with just a trilogy in the first place? It was just three movies... that told part of a story. Maybe this fourth one is the ultimate finale that ties everything together. I understand your viewpoint about it being a great nihilist piece of art; I've contemplated that fact before myself. However, I never honestly thought that the series would end with just three episodes.

Again, I don't think it's about money - I think it's about telling the end of the story.

5. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    It sounds like either a wishful fanboys dreams or a washed-up director's vanity project.

Or both.

6. Blood_of_Yoda

Blood_of_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2002
    the LOTR comparison doesnt work as those films are each twice as long as a SW movie lol. We would need THREE more movies to cover as much story lol

I cant believe they let people like you moderate at a STAR WARS board [face_plain]

7. trixi

trixi Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2006
    I bet Lucas had this all planned out from the beginning. [face_thinking]

8. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I don't know... I'm rather of the camp that if he makes it, and it's bad... we'll never hear the end of it. Of course, it's totally set up for the twins, but how in the heck can you do that and not make it cliché?

9. Celestial_Bling

Celestial_Bling Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2004
    You can't, basically. I'm going to boycot this next film.

George sucks for doing this and making me (probably) extend my DVD shelf (again).

10. LeiaAmidalaSkywalker

LeiaAmidalaSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    i would really like for there to be a new star wars movie.

11. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001

End of the story, rubbish. The story *had* an end. [face_plain]

Amen.

12. Irithis

Irithis Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2006
    How could you boycott the greatest film evar made?! I havent seen it yet buit i know it will be the best thing i have ever seen! Wat is wrong with you?!!?

13. Sweet and Sour Porkins

Sweet and Sour Porkins Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 1999
    You are so mean, BoogieMan! Lucas is the greatest filmmakeres of all time! He has given us the best films ever! Just shut up and leave! I can't believe you're a moderator here if you don't like Star Wars!

14. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    You can wish all you want but I bet the damn thing won't show up for another twenty or twenty-five years...

What we really need in another Muppet Movie.

15. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I don't know what to think. After the huge success of the other movies it does smell of moneymaking.
    But I'm willing to give it a chance. Lucas has made great movies before, so why not again?
    If I like it, great. If not I can still pretend it never happenend. Or does Lucas claim to have control over what we believe, too?

16. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    It sounds kinda cool but I don't like the fact that Ian McDiarmid is missing. :_|

17. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Up, fools.

18. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    These are prequels to the earlier movies, right? Numbered .IV .V and .VI?

19. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    I think that nothing will ever top the original brilliance of the first three films. Try as he may, Lucas will never even come close to the Star Wars that I loved. I mean, look at the spoilers already! Between the villan Hanz Solos to this new shady 'Old Ben' character... :rolleyes:

20. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    A fourth SW film will simply never measure up to the first three.

Having said that, I'll be going to see it anyway.

Y'know, just in case . . . :_|

21. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Face it, guys, it's gonna suck.

22. MasterEnder

MasterEnder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    But think of the Marketing!!! They have a chance to expand on minor characters! Like that Wookie. I've always wondered what was up with him getting so much screen time in III. Maybe he can come back in IV, so Lucas can sell Wookie suits!

23. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I'd buy it!

24. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I think Tarful will come back, but Chewbacca (was it?)... no. He's gone.

25. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Well compare Tarful and Chewy. Tarful is bigger, stronger and more experienced. I bet he's the one that's back. Who wants to see that runt of a wookiee named Chewbacca?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.