main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Whole bunch of people are gonna be parents!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by brook_33, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    LOL, whatever. Personal attacks aren't warranted and are against the TOS, you know that.

I am in Oregon at least 7-8 weeks of the year on average, and my girlfriend is in Oregon too, not to mention it's still "home" in many respects.

You think it's elitist to judge anyone based on anything, well that's just life -- people judge. It's human nature. It's called having standards. I think it's a huge mistake for anyone to have kids before 30, but that doesn't mean people don't do it. It's their lives, they can make whatever mistakes they want.

2. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    *breaks out into old self again and starts singing*

[face_dancing] Do we love each other? Yes we do! [face_dancing] Do we love each other? Yes we do! [:D][:D]

3. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Hi. :)

Please watch the personal attacks. Thanks!

And congrats to all the new soon-to-be parents! :D

4. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Lol. Oh boy guys. "Shhhh! You broughts in the c-colors..." [face_shhh][face_shame_on_you]

5. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    To the 'Colors':

It wasn't a personal attack, it was my personal opinion. If the colors have actually seen any of Bowen's many colorful posts, they would see that he is antagonistic and constantly interjects his opinions on others, as if he is the resident authority on the subject, when it hasn't even been asked for.

Personally, I find his constant insults and flaming remarks to more of an issue than me saying that I find him to be an insulting sod that I wish would go away.

I make it no secret that I don't like Bowen, mostly because of his arrogant and judgemental attitude over others and his insults of the core group of FanForce members here.

Last time I checked, explaining why you don't like someone isn't a personal attack. It is the truth. Also, the last time I checked, there was still something called the Freedom of Speech that guarantees someone the right to express themselves. So, while Bowen has the right to be the insulting person that he is, I still have the right to call him on the B.S. as well. You want to sanction me for calling out the behavior, but not the behavior itself well then what can I say to that... tragic is what it is.

Do what you must...

- Bill

6. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Actually I don't think it was you. But then again who knows.

Edit:

Oh nevermind. It probably was you. :p
    But you should keep it down calling them "the colors". If too many people do it...well we know what happened last time. [face_shhh]
    I know I started it. [face_whistling]

7. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    [face_dancing] let's be happy!

8. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
  9. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    They are personal attacks, whether you think they're true or not, that doesn't make them so. It's still inappropriate and moderators have a duty to the terms of service that they've sworn to uphold. Freedom of speech applies to society in general, it doesn't apply to private message forums such as this one. This is owned and operated by TheForce.net and they can apply the rules and regulations they find most effective to maintain a peaceful posting community. While there are certainly going to be disagreements, and they understand that, when it crosses the line into personal attacks is where they take issue with the posts. It's not tolerated on any forum across the Internet essentially, at least not major ones. You have to be respectful of the rules that apply here because we don't have a RIGHT to use this forum, we are privileged to be able to use it. We don't pay for it, and we don't own it. We are guests in someone else's home, essentially.

10. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Please keep conversations, opinions, & arguements civil. Review the TOS and the rules of the JC.

Best wishes to all.

11. brook_33

Dec 30, 2003
    To get the conversation back on track, though in a wawy I'm sort of leaving the conversation, you'll have to scratch my name off the new parent list. My girlfriend, the would-be mother of my child, miscarried last night.

12. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Brook, I haven't any idea what words to share with you. There are of course any number of circumstances that could be going on in your lives, and I don't want to say the wrong thing.

Just know, even though the voice of an internet stranger probably doesn't do any good, that you have my deepest consideration and sincere condolence. I hope everything works out okay in whatever situation you are facing.

13. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I don't want to sound like that guy that just can't be convinced it really happened and doesn't want to give up hope, but is she sure? Has she been in to see the doctors? You guys may have been through all this and everything, but just in case I'm saying it. If she hasn't been in to see the doctors and is just getting freaked out after bleeding pretty badly, she really should go in. My buddy's wife thought she may have miscarriaged while we were in basic (that was a rough few weeks for him) but when she finally got back to the doctor they said that the baby was still good and healthy in there, and she was about as far into it as your girlfriend probably is.

If you guys have gone in and checked and all and it's been confirmed, then I send my thoughts and prayers to both of you as you continue on in your relationship together.

14. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Yikes, sorry to hear that.

15. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I'm so sorry to hear that Brook. I hope you are both doing OK. And I agree with Vengeance, it's always good to have these things check out by a Doctor, if you have not already.

My wife nearly lost our son. Her sack had a leak and she had to go on bed rest for 5 months to save him (no movement). She lost nearly all her muscle mass, but she did save him.

16. brook_33

Dec 30, 2003
    Yeah we went to the doctor and got it all checked out.

17. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I'm practically losing all my muscle mass. I'm so sick I can't hardly move! This is so not fair, I'm going to be soooooooo out of shape by the time this thing comes out. Got a lot to catch up on, guh...

18. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Sorry to hear the unfortunate news, Brook. My condolences go out to you, man. Take care.

- Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.