main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Whole lotta shakin' goin' on!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rani Veko, Sep 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Hey, who else felt the earthquake just over half an hour ago? No, that wasn't a Super Star Destroyer taking pot-shots at us. :)

In our townhouse, on the third storey, it felt like a semi truck had struck the complex, or there'd been a huge explosion several blocks away. I happened to be on the phone with a friend across town at the time, who exclaimed, "Oh my God, we're having an earthquake!"

The news reported it was a shallow one, about 30km below Friday Harbour (in the San Juan Islands area for those of you not familiar with our general area).

It was hard to miss, unless you were driving or taking the ferry at the time like Derisa was. Anyone else?

- Rani

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Cool....

We don't get much of that here.

3. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    Oh, I CERTAINLY felt it, I was on the second floor doing some costume work (thankfully not actually sewing) and my poor cat freaked right out. She went on alert and tried to figure out what the rumbling and shaking was...she froze in atack position right in front of the door to the room I was in. It was her first Earthquake, and I don't blame her for being a bit edgy, my hands were shaking for some time after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.