main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Who'll win tomorrow.....USA or MEXICO

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Master-Omaj-Kadub, May 7, 2003.

?

Who'll win tomorrow.....USA or MEXICO

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. USA "soccer team"

83.3%
  2. MEXICO "soccer team"

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
  2. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    That's tomorrow? Yay! Then they can finally take the ticket info off HoustonTexans.com.

;)

3. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]I don't see the "who cares?" option in the poll. :p[/color]

4. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!

Mexico

Just kidding. The US will win

5. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    i'm keeping the faith in the U S of A

6. Bladecarver

Bladecarver Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2002
    It was a push.

7. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    yeah, that was a "great" game...

as long as they don't try to give us another team that wants yet another new stadium built, i'm happy...

8. Count_Dough-ku

Count_Dough-ku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    This is a perfect example of why soccer sucks. 90 minutes played and NOBODY SCORED!!! Those 70,000 people who filled Reliant Stadium deserved exactly what they got.

Hell, at least a scoreless NHL game is shorter, faster-paced, and offers the possibility of fights breaking out(on the ice, not in the stands like at a soccer game).

What a worthless sport!

9. Briareos

Briareos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    Don't hold back, tell us how you REALLY feel... :)

PS - Soccer rules! ;)

10. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    What an ignorant statement Dough-pooh...

11. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    It's funny to see the comments you guys make sometimes.....

"0-0 tie" thats the Americasss way....

12. Count_Dough-ku

Count_Dough-ku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    What's truly "ignorant" is Sports Illustrated giving the Women's U.S. soccer team "Sportsperson(s) of the Year" in 1999 instead of someone clearly more deserving like Lance Armstrong.

Yes, the women's team's victory was a big deal to some folks, but the only reason they got as much press as they did was because Brandi Chastain was celebrating on the field in a sports bra.

Lance Armstrong had cancer and was given a 50/50 chance of living by the doctors. Dude not only survived but came back to win the freaking Tour de France which ain't exactly the easiest athletic event around. But hey, at least he finally got "Sportsman of the Year" in 2002 after winning the thing for the FOURTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR!!!

This is my real gripe with soccer. I have no problem with the fans(as long as they're not rioting or killing people), but I hate how the media tries to shove it down the public's throat as if the majority of Americans care. We don't. It's a niche sport and it always will be.

13. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Um, I have an extreme dislike for soccer, as well, if that means anything. :)

And I agree with you. Lance Armstrong is an incredible person. You should see how he is loved and respected in Austin.

14. Briareos

Briareos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    This is my real gripe with soccer. I have no problem with the fans(as long as they're not rioting or killing people), but I hate how the media tries to shove it down the public's throat as if the majority of Americans care. We don't. It's a niche sport and it always will be

How bout you just speak for yourself instead of "America." I don't care who wins the Tour de France, the Superbowl, the NBA finals, the World Series or the Stanley Cup. I didn't play any of those sports when I was growing up - I played Soccer. Besides, "Sportsperson of the year" isn't a popularity contest, so it's hardly relevant if soccer is a "niche sport."

15. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    Baseball rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Now, Buck, tell the truth! We all know the glory lies within the heavenly realm of football. ;)

We all have stuff we like and dislike. It's all good. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.