main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whoooooo are you? Who who, who who? I really want to know...

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Check this link to determine your SF/Fantasy character:

http://www.tk421.net/character/

First time I answered it honestly, and was flabbergasted at the answer:

John Sheridan of Babylon 5
    "An experienced survivor who has maneuvered around many obstacles, you are looked up to by those who rely on your good judgment."

Quote: "In the last few years, we've stumbled. We stumbled at the death of the president, the war, and on and on. When you stumble a lot you tend to look at your feet. Now we have to make people lift their eyes back to the horizon and see the line of ancestors behind us saying, "Make my life have meaning," and to our inheritors before us saying, "create the world we will live in.""

Damn, I hit paydirt, of course my Centauri character Koza will be totally cheesed now.
    And I guess the Narn skin boots have to go now too.

Then I went back and answered as my character would and guess what it came up with?

Palpatine
    " A mastermind of maneuvering surrounding forces, you care little for the concerns of those in your way."

Quote: "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen."

And I already have that outfit...do I have it down or WHAT?

2. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I scored as Sheridan as well. Which makes me happy. I always liked Sheridan.

3. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Me too, weird. But they do show a whole pile of different characters, so go figure.

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I got Yoda!!

A venerated sage with vast power and knowledge, you gently guide forces around you while serving as a champion of the light.

Judge me by my size, do you? And well you should not - for my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life greets it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us, and binds us. Luminescent beings are we, not this crude matter! You must feel the Force around you, everywhere.

I LOVE how the bottom part is misquoted. "Life GREETS it?" "LUMINESCENT beings are we, LOL!"

5. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    I got Aragorn...that one was a surprise. (Except that I actually throught about portraying him with the films first came out..but way too short) LOL

However, when I went back and did character answers...
    Obi-Wan came up.. lol.. like Sid, I also got the costume.

Thanks for sharing, Sid..that is too cool.

6. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I actually TRIED to get Obi-Wan, out of curiosity, because I figured that in some ways, the scoring should be similar to Sheridan's. Couldn't get it, no matter what. It was interesting...I just started randomly tweaking variables, and for a while, no matter what I tweaked...Sheridan. Finally came up with Yoda, I think. Fascinating.

7. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Really odd is that by altering the answers a tiny bit from what got Palpatine I could get either Kosh or G'kar.

8. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Well, Kosh I could see. Kosh was a prime manipulator behind-the-scenes, and while his/its motivations might have been "good" (or at least orderly), he/it was more concerned with the "big picture" than individuals in many instances. So, while one could, in D&D terms, call Palpatine Lawful Evil, Kosh is Lawful Good (or perhaps Lawful Neutral).

9. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    i got james t. kirk... go figure. [face_thinking]

10. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    So...are you planning on running around the galaxy picking up green-skinned and blue-skinned babes?

11. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    not so much, no. [face_laugh]

you know, galaxy quest has just ruined classic star trek for me... every time i see kirk, i always hear alan rickman in the back of my head, saying, "well, i see you managed to get your shirt off."

12. Adyn

Adyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    I got...

Galadriel
    Possessing a rare combination of wisdom and humility, while serenely dominating your environment you selflessly use your powers to care for others.

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.

Wooo! I like that :D

13. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    This thing has got to be rigged towards Sheridan. First time I went through: Sheridan. Second time, I went back and tweaked a couple of answers that I'd been iffy on. Still, Sheridan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.