Phx Who's a better kung fu teacher?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Commander_Choad, Aug 19, 2003.

?

Who's a better kung fu teacher?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Master Po (from tv series kung fu) blind, came up with "grasshopper" and kicks butt 7 vote(s) 35.0%
Mr Miyagi (karate kid) Not blind, kicks butt, and got his house re-modeled for free 4 vote(s) 20.0%
Voidy Chan - Got his house redone for free, gonna marry Mick 1 vote(s) 5.0%
Hong Kong Phooey - Has a great car 2 vote(s) 10.0%
Jackie Chan - broken every bone in his body at least twice 6 vote(s) 30.0%
Inspector Clouseau - Nuff Said 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Commander_Choad Jedi Master

star 4
  2. Commander_Choad Jedi Master

star 4
    Princess Skywalker and I are going back and forth between Mr Miyagi and Master Po... I had to put the rest of them in, just for fun... I vote for Master Po. Any one who is blind and can kick butt like him, (he was an inspiration for Blind Fury w/ Rutger Hauer) has to rule... Any takers?
  3. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    OMG Choad WHY do you do this to me?? Mr. Miyagi OR Hong Kong Phooey??? sigh. I had to go with Miyagi. Cause he kicks so much ass. Plain and simple. UNAGI!

EXCUSEEE MEEE?????

And I beg to differ about Mr Miyagi... He's pretty cool, there's no doubt, but Master Po is cooler, simply becuase while Mr Miyagi was able to kick butt and take names, Po was able to do so, and he was blind...

OK LET'S GET SOME THINGS STRAIGHT HERE. I AM THE ONE THAT KICKS BUTT AND TAKES NAMES. MIYAGI RULES. SO THERE. :p

heh heh... Plus, he came up with "grasshopper"...
    :eek: NUH UH! It's a well known fact that I came up with GRASSHOPPER! :p That's MY WORD!! I INVENTED THAT SAYING THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO!! There was an accident. I was frozen until medical advances could be made to restore me, it's a long story but I am older than I look. :p
  4. mrbunny666 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry, Jackie Chan learned from the BEST of the BEST, Bruce Lee.
  5. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    yes, jackie chan does in fact rock.
  6. Commander_Choad Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree, they all rock... however, who would make a better teacher... that's the question.
  7. Jedi_Webb Jedi Master

star 3
  8. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Void doesn't teach Kung Fu anyway

Kenpo...... It's all about the Kenpo
  9. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, if we want to get technical, Master Po is shaolin, Mr. Miyagi is Karate (maybe shotokan), Jackie Chan, Jeet Kun Do perhaps.

So as to KUNG FU. I vote for the only one who actually teaches it, Master PO.
  10. EmprsHandMick Jedi Master

star 4
    We all know that it's gotta be Master Po. :)
  11. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Actually, Chewie, Jackie Chan only knows Movie Fu or theater martial arts, not an actual form of Kung Fu. You might be thinking of Jet Li, who has been a national Wushu champion.
  12. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    IT'S ME!!

Oh, wait, I teach water kickboxing . . . ok, Hong Kong Phooey!
  13. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    I knew Jackie Chan was in a type of theatre school in China (or Hong Kong). If he studied with Bruce, then he does know JKD. I know that Chan has modified martial arts to the Movies but it maybe it's JKD that he has modified to the movies.

I also knew that Jet Li is a Kung fu pratitioner. I forgot what branch of KF it was.
  14. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    ah you guys and your specifics. bah. they kick major butt. that is all you need to know! :p

And don't forget Neo knows Kung Fu too. :p
  15. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Personally, I'm going to have to go with Master Splinter. I mean the others deserve much respect, but did they master their respective martial arts while overcoming the difficulties of being a rat? And sure, their students are great, but none of them were rebellious teenage turtles mutated far beyond normal turtles. And come on, how many of the other masters had students named after Renaissance painters?? It's clear who the winner is here.
  16. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    :eek: HOLY CRAP!! Choad how could you forget Splinter??? I may have to change my vote now.
    Scuse me while I hang my head in shame for forgeting the greatness that is TMNT, those wacky heros in a half shell, ah the turtle power of it all....

cowabunga...

Oh and you forgot to put Ross on there. He is skilled in the ways of Unagi and tries his best to instruct Rachel-san and Phoebe-san, who only seem to want to eat Sushi.

OI!!! OK why aren't people voting for the great one known as Miyagi?? DO I REALLY need to drive all the way over there and start kicking ass and taking names??? Huh? Do I? Huh? Cause I'm quite good at it. Don't make me. That's all I'm saying.

17. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I know Jackie did stunts in several of Bruce's movies, but I wasn't aware that he trained under Bruce at all. If that's the case then he probably does have experience in either Wing Chun or Jeet Kun Do (my guess is the former, judging from the time those movies were made).

As I said, Jet Li has studied a form of Kung Fu called Wushu. This is also what Ray Park has studied, btw.
  18. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
  19. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hong Kong PHOOOEEEEYYYYY!!!
  20. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
  21. DarkSiderSteve Jedi Knight

star 2
    shakes head and takes deep breath...

As far as I know Jackie never studied with Bruce. Unless there's some hidden info I havent heard of. Im also 99% sure he never stunted for Bruce either (Bruce only had like 5-6 movies). http://www.jackie-chan.com/

Jet does do Wushu- which incoporates all styles of Kung fu- but purely for show. Ever see 'The One'? The bad Jet studies Xing yi, the good Jet- Bagua. Both internal arts(uses qi- or the force ;))but he only practices the physical aspect. Wushu is also the national sport of China. Hooray!

Master Po: Shaolin- which is Kung fu- which was in fact the first Kung fu ever born.

Mister Miyagi- Okinawan Karate. DUH! Didnt you guys ever see part 2! Its good, I swear..

Not that Ive sucked the life out of this thread, I'll kindly shut up. [face_blush]

I love you guys! ;)

Oh. and I vote Jackie.

EDIT* Who's Voidy Chan? Isnt he that guy who sang that song "Kung Fu fighting" ? :p
    runs like hell

22. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    The One was awesome. OH that Jason Statham. MEOW! :p

Mister Miyagi- Okinawan Karate. DUH! Didnt you guys ever see part 2! Its good, I swear..

Steve, you rock! See that people, listen to Steve. RESPECT THE POWER OF MIYAGI!!! Part 2 kicked butt!!

***someone cue The Glory of Love...***

I am the man who will fight for your honor, I'll be the hero you've been dreaming of... :p
  23. DarkSiderSteve Jedi Knight

star 2
    ***someone cue The Glory of Love...***

Thats a good choice. But i'm more of a "The Eye of the Tiger" kinda guy :D
  24. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You gotta fight, for your right, to paartttteeeey

Whoops! Wrong thread . . . kind of . . .
  25. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Steve, IMDB lists Jackie Chan as having done stunts in at least Enter the Dragon. He doesn't get credit in the actual movie, but he's there in the underground fight scene.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.