Phx Who's a better kung fu teacher?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Commander_Choad, Aug 19, 2003.

?

Who's a better kung fu teacher?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Master Po (from tv series kung fu) blind, came up with "grasshopper" and kicks butt 7 vote(s) 35.0%
Mr Miyagi (karate kid) Not blind, kicks butt, and got his house re-modeled for free 4 vote(s) 20.0%
Voidy Chan - Got his house redone for free, gonna marry Mick 1 vote(s) 5.0%
Hong Kong Phooey - Has a great car 2 vote(s) 10.0%
Jackie Chan - broken every bone in his body at least twice 6 vote(s) 30.0%
Inspector Clouseau - Nuff Said 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. SpamMan Jedi Youngling

SPAMMAN says it's...

Commander_Choad!!!

He is the Spam Master!!!!
  2. DarkSiderSteve Jedi Knight

star 2
    Steve, IMDB lists Jackie Chan as having done stunts in at least Enter the Dragon. He doesn't get credit in the actual movie, but he's there in the underground fight scene.

I truely will be, and have been damned! Extracting boot from mouth...

3. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Ok not to futher this interesting debate, and I really have NO idea since I haven't actually watched any Bruce Lee movies, BUT...just so you all are aware....there have been quite a few times when I have found info that was wrong on imdb.com. I believe some of the info on there sometimes is supplied by users of the site. Whether this applies to whether someone was a crew/cast member, I have no idea. I just know I've found incorrect info on there before. Welp. There's my 2 cents. Anyways...

MIYAGI RULES!

Bonsai
  4. DarkSiderSteve Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ah Ha! So there is a shadow of a doubt.The only way to know for sure is to view ETD and look for Chan's supposed appearance. Off the vcr! OK, maybe tomorrow, Im tired.
  5. mrbunny666 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Show Me! Show You! KikkoMan!

Translated in ENGLISH!!!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/kikkoman-e.php
  6. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There are several other sites that mention Jackie Chan's role in Enter the Dragon, but definitely Steve, if you've got a copy of the movie let me know what you find. From what I've been able to uncover, during the underground fight scene Jackie is the (only?) guy to attack Bruce Lee from behind. Lee quickly breaks out of some kind of hold and snaps Jackie Chan's neck. I can picture the scene, but I have never paid attention to the guy's face.
  7. DarkSiderSteve Jedi Knight

star 2
    Im sure my efforts to prove the info wrong will be futile. The site also listed him as stunting in The Chinese Connection as well. Hey, I said I was only 99% sure- that 1% proved useful. ;)
  8. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hong Kong PPHHHHOOOOEeeeeeyyYYYYYY!
  9. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
  10. MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Master

star 4
    I voted for Void.[/brown nosing]
  11. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    OOOH OOOH OOOOHHHHHH!!! Miyagi is only ONE vote behind Po!!!

I [face_love] whoever voted MIYAGI. You so rule! :D Now spread the word. This campaign isn't over yet!!!

One behind Po, two behind Jackie... GO MIYAGI!! :p

DO I REALLY need to get my pom poms out? :p 2,4,6,8 Mr. Miyagi's really great! lol ok so it's been awhile and I can't remember any of the GOOD cheers. :p
  12. MexChewie Jedi Master

star 4
  13. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I voted for Po

Who voted for me ????
  14. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    thanks chewie! yeah! so who else voted miyagi then?? ?[face_plain]
  15. Sand_Dancer Jedi Knight

On the Jackie Chan debate. You need to all watch Jackie Chan Adventures. If you did there would be no discussion. Jackie always talks alt the end of the show. After one episode he told about how he got into acting (major roles) He was in a Bruce Lee movie, I don't know what, and Bruce Lee approached him and said (paraphrase) 'hey you're pretty good. let me hook you up.' (More or less)
    Also, cartoon Jackie teaches his niece martial arts and he is super-good. I would like to add a write in vote: Cartoon Jackie Chan!
    Thank you very much.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.