Rocky M, NC Who's Avoiding EP III Spoilers?

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by joe-da, Apr 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm definitely not, but who is avoiding Episode III "spoilers"?

Just want to know so I don't say anything at meetings like for example, Yoda is Anakin's father, etc., or something.

Or this:
    Yoda was raised by Wampas, by the way, as revealed in Episode III "With Friends Like These". One was envious of Yody (as he was nicknamed by his adoptive brethren) upon his return to the planet Wampaunia (first seen in EP III WFLT)seeking aid against the Separatists. The fallen Wampa and his street gang fled to Hoth, awaiting for the day it could exact revenge on a Jedi or potential Jedi, based on a vision Yody has.

"*&*$# This is a &@#$ Wampa movie all @&#*$% the way," reports Producer Rick McCallum. "&*&* 'Empire' fans will @&#*$ not be *&%$ disappointed. @$&#."

Lucas himself reveals, "Wampas are extremely popular with the fans. I saw the opportunity to flesh out their backstory, much as I did with the Fetts in EP II. Plus, the parallel drawn with this one (EP III: WFLT) and 'Empire' helps congeal these films - which I see as one 12-or-so hour movie. Plus it's a tribute to the early works of Phil Tippett, and the Wampa costume designed for the Special Editions. And I think that's fun."

Reports indicate one third of the movie will be performed in operatic format.

"Lots of song and dance," continued Lucas. "I thought that'd be fun in the middle of a Star Wars movie."

**** NOTE:
    This ain't real, just an example...
  2. JediRiff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    JEEZ, you have too much time on your hands!!! ROFL! Anyways, I am avoiding major spoilers like the plague, personally.... I know there will be some stuff that will be revealed in Star Wars: Insider, but they wont really drop any surprises on you, and thats about as much info as I want. :)
  3. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not avoiding them, but I'm not really going out of my way to find them either. But I did hear one interesting tid-bit. It seems that Episode III is going to be about 3 hours long, and that about 30 minutes of that is footage of Anakin slaughtering all the jedi younglings then breaking down and crying to Padme who gets all hot which leads to the lovin' that eventually produces two new jedi younglings. Amazing how the circle of life works isn't it. :)
  4. JediRiff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  5. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Very, very disturbing. :p

I believe that it is going to be next to impossible to be completely spoiler-free for Episode III. The media will be jumping on every little bit of info about the last new Star Wars movie.
  6. JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Master

star 3
    I agree with what you said Minacia. Every time the media gets hold of something, they are going to air it on tv. It's not like they will anounce: Here's info. or clips on the SW Movie Epi.lll. So, for those of ya'll who are remaining spoiler free, ya'll should leave the room now.

There's no way not to hear or see something about it. However, for those that are remaining "spoiler free", they won't know near as much as long as they don't go digging around. And don't race to get the book as soon as it's out & rush home to read it before the movie comes out.
  7. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Ya know, I'm kind of torn over rather to read the book before I see the movie. I really enjoyed Ep I more after I had read the book, so I read Ep II (at least most of it) before I saw the movie. The problem with that was that I the whole time I was watching it I kept thinking, "Why did they leave that part out?"

Anyway, I still haven't decided what I'm going to do about Ep III.
  8. JediRiff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I will read the books AFTER I see the movies. Especially this one! I am going to try to remain as unknowing as I can when I walk into the theater that night. :) Shouldnt be hard to be at least semi-zombified considering that we are going to be camping out there the night before, and will be parading about in costume. :) The funny thing is, I dont think I have EVER looked so much FORWARD to something, and at the same time, was dreading it! The last one! Oh, the pain.....
  9. JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Master

star 3
    Entropy, I did the same thing......read the book, then while watching the movie I kept wondering why they left that part out.

I think I'm with Ray on this one......I am definately not going to read the book before I see the movie. I want all of it to be a surprise/shock. Then, I'll read the book after I have seen the movie.

Ray, why was you in pain the last time?
  10. JediRiff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I was talking about Ep. III, not II. ;) The pain part is because its the last SW movie. :(
  11. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    Mesa lookin at eet disa way...

How many times have I seen the original 1977 Star Wars? Numerous.

Do I enjoy it more the more often I see it? Yes

Do I know what's going to happen and what is going to be said? Uh,, yes.

So personally, I don't mind knowing as much as I can before going in for the first time.

Others, not so.

Oh well, I guess that's why web sites and boards feature "SPOILER ALERT"s and text you have to highlight to read.

By the way, I read the X-Men movie comic adaptation before the movie came out a couple of years ago. I experienced the "why was this not in there" feeling with the Ororo flashback. I read the comic before I saw X2 last Friday night, and I was fine.

With EP 2's cut scenes, I just thought, well, it'll be on the DVD.

Sorry, I'm rambling and confused again.

Star Wars movies should be 4 hours long on DVD!!!
  12. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Joe-da rambling and confused? Never!! ;)
  13. JediRiff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, that NEVER happens with Joe! ;) Right, Joe??? Hehehe...
  14. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    ne jabba no badda!
  15. JediRiff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.