main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Who's been to visist Skywalker Ranch?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AnakinSkywalkerFan_, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinSkywalkerFan_

AnakinSkywalkerFan_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2005
    i wish i could

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I have been to the gates of the ranch and lived to tell the tale. Also got shooed away from the gates by the official Skywalker Ranch Security Guard in his official Skywalker Ranch red pickup truck for lingering just a little too long. :)

3. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey TionneHawk..you and me both! Got to the gates, didn't get shooed away..but the group I was with did manage to see the "Flanneled One" as he pulled up in his little classic white T-Bird! So close..yet so far away! :) We felt at that time the Force had blessed us enough and we were pushing our luck and left. :)

4. rogue-twelve

rogue-twelve Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2003
    I've actually been _through_ the gates, perfectly legit and everything. I'm a student at the SF Conservatory of music, and my french horn teacher at the time was doing a recording session at Skywalker Sound. He managed to get special permission for his students to visit and see the recording process up close, and we actually wound up sitting on the sound stage while members of the SF Symphony, Opera and Ballet orchestras recorded the score to some IMAX documentary of Michael Jordan....

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I've been there lots of times....and then I wake up. :D

6. film_fatale

film_fatale Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2002
    In 1996 when they were editing Titanic. I have the receipt to prove it. :)

7. AnakinSkywalkerFan_

AnakinSkywalkerFan_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2005
  8. PrincessLeah

PrincessLeah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    I've been! It was awesome! So beautiful. I was shaking the whole time!!! :) I went to one of the ILM buildings, as well.

Some guy that worked at ILM said he would take me to The Ranch, and then pass my resume around his department. Little did I know...he was really just a dirty old man trying to get with me. When I told him I had a bf, he never spoke to me again.

Oh well...at least I got a Skywalker Ranch trip out of the deal. ;)

A girl in my class at Chico State, Aubree Miller, was the little girl from the Ewok movies...she said she remembers going there when she was 5. That was kinda neat to hear.

9. DeathStarZero

DeathStarZero Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    I'm going to visit the gates this weekend... I'll let you know what happens. :)

10. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Just drive up to the box and listen for the dulcet tones of the receptionist saying "Skywalker Ranch". I was floored when I heard that.

11. DeathStarZero

Nov 5, 2004
    Can you do that without getting in trouble? :p

Aw, I don't think I'm going this weekend anymore... I'll have to go some other time. My dad, who was going to take me, suddenly "became busy". He also wants to know if there is any way to tell when you're actually AT Skywalker Ranch, after turning on Lucas Valley Road.

I just said "Don't worry, I'll know..." but really are there signs or anything? I've never actually BEEN there yet, I've passed by the exit signs for Lucas Valley but that's it. :)

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I believe the Ranch and all signs to it are "unmarked". It's like the Bat Cave. :)

13. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    There are no signs...it's on Lucas Valley Road (just a couple miles from my house actually) and you have to know the address or you'll just pass right by it and never know you were there. ;)

14. TennisCity

TennisCity Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2005
    I went and got to watch the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King because they were editing it there. It was amazing, everything is just super top notch high tech. I got to meet GL and enjoy some Pizza and KFC with him. HAHA!

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    KFC, huh? Well, George DOES resemble the Colonel, sort of. ;)

16. DeathStarZero

Nov 5, 2004
    One of my 3SA buddies just sent me a map of Skywalker Ranch.

So if I can learn to recognise any of the landmarks, I should be okay for when I go.

There's a gift shop on the map... is that public???

17. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Tionne's right. There are no markings at the entrance. The first time I went, we missed the address and drove way passed it. The second time was much easier. But, don't blink or you will miss it.

I don't believe the gift shop is open to the public or is open to public access.

Make sure you look for the second "Ranch" on your way out there. ;)

18. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Mustang or Obi-Wan? ;) Skywalker is the true "Hidden Valley Ranch"!

19. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    LOL Lucas has built himself a second Ranch. I want to say it's called Gray Rock Ranch? But not sure on the name. Sansweet was talking about it when we were at his place.

20. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Happy cows come from Skywalker Ranch. :D

21. DeathStarZero

Nov 5, 2004
    I wonder if the happy cows get to see ROTS in an advanced screening.

You know, I just had an epiphany this morning -- when I'm old enough, I should get a job at Skywalker Ranch! That way I can go there as much as I want... :p

22. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Good luck. Go to the lucasfilm website, they have job listings sometimes, but most are for artists or programmers or security....not my fields of expertise. :p

23. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    there's applications for dishwasher ;)

24. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
    i wanna go there

25. Adyn

Adyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    I used to feel like to only Bay Area fan who'd never been hahaha. And I finally got the opportunity to go last week, thanks to a good friend & business partner of mine who had some work to be done there and was a saint and brought me along for the ride! Was an amazing experience and just SUCH a stunning place. I swear, I could put up a cot and live happily forever in the library of the main house... it would be heaven!

Was a quiet day out there, work as usual for everyone but us of course hahaha. Met some behind the scenes folks who were all very gracious and friendly. Saw some of the most beautiful land I think I've ever seen, and just had a day filled with grinning from ear to ear!

A very special experience I'm sure I'll always remember :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.