San Fran, CA Who's been to visist Skywalker Ranch?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AnakinSkywalkerFan_, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Some of the most beautiful land I've ever seen"

No kidding. I wake up every morning not able to believe I live here. (Of course those thoughts are mixed with 'I gotta get up HOW early to go watch those darned birds?!?!')
    Marin is a phenomenal place to live (if you can afford it). I like spending my weekends at China Camp just walking in the woods.
  2. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Lucas's second "Ranch" is called Red Rock Ranch and has a giant statue of Yoda out front.

I'm going to the Ranch on May 6th to see ROTS, and go to a party afterwards.

I'll be in SF from May 5th till May 8th if the SFFF is doing something and wouldn't mind me tagging along.
  3. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :eek:
    MJF going to see ROTS on May 5th!?!?!?! How did you manage that?!?!

I'm just a few miles away from the ranch. Give me a call and we can do lunch or dinner or something. :D
  4. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'll give you a call Bridget. I am arriving on the 5th, and not leaving till the 8th, so I'd love to get together with everyone. The only day I will be busy is the 6th when I'm going to MECCA for the Star Wars fan! :D

Tickets were close to $10,000 a piece... oh well, it is the last movie right? This is a once in a life time experience. I am going all out this year.
  5. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ten thousand? We can almost buy our own ship, er bus, for that! ;) Linda, I love ya too much to hate ya! Sooooo jealous right now! :D
  6. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Awwwww.. thanks Matt. I got enough people hating me right now regarding those tickets. LOL I'll be sure to post pics (if they let me take pics) as soon as I get them. Heck, I'll be in SF, I'll show you the pics on my camera! They haven't told me the details yet of the event, all I know is May 6th.
  7. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    *sigh*

I need a sugarmomma.

That's great Mara. and worth it. It is the last movie and it'll be something you'll never forget (not including head injuries, and medical conditions resulting in memory loss.)

I've been to the gate of the Ranch, and one day I'll go inside I hope but I can't imagine how that'll happen.

But I do live this odd sort of bad luck..yet charmed life so who knows.
  8. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    For $10,000 nobody has the right to hate you. You paid for your ticket and that's fine. But if you were seeing this for free... :mad: Not that we would hold it against you or anything...

I think some of us may be free during those times taht you will be in town. I think we may schedule a meeting for the 7th anyway because the next week is the chariity event at Metreon.
  9. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    /\ Thanks Robert! I hope I can get together with you all on the 7th. It will be nice to see you again. :)
  10. DarthVader79 San Francisco FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    10000!!!! Man, with that money you could watch Revenge of the Sith in theaters 1025 times!!
  11. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    /\ Yeah, but I could watch it for free on my flatscreen TV 1025 times for free when the DVD comes out.
  12. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    And there are some ole' pirates who will watch it 1025 times before the DVD comes out.

Of course none of us know anythiing about that.
  13. DeathStarZero Jedi Master

star 4
    After the Letterman Digital Arts Center opens at the Presidio(next month?), what's still going to be at Skywalker Ranch? Because I read that Lucas is moving the LFL offices and ILM to the LDAC.
  14. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    When I talked to Matt Wood (voice of Grievous), he said Skywalker Sound is staying at the Ranch. As for anything else, not sure.
  15. Avalyn07 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have been to the Ranch once back in 1995. Of course I raided the gift shop. Basically hitched a ride with one of Lucas's licensing agents. Roamed around the main house in awe of the artifacts behind the glass. Then hung out in the arboretum looked down into the offices below like little hidden cubbies on tattonie. The weather was beautiful that day and I walked around the lake just one row boat floatting out there. The experience brought alot of peace to me and I just thought I can die now. Unfortunatly that would have meant missing all the up coming movies,fans and fun. But That is just how serene it was. Now I just hold my "Skywalker Ranch" mug in the morning and smile.
  16. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    /\ I have one of those mugs! hehe
  17. DeathStarZero Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I paid my visit to the Ranch this past Saturday. Wasn't too exciting, I just saw a bit of the front of it, but the rest of the road was closed/private so I couldn't continue. However, I did find the Nicasio Post Office, where my StarWarsShop.com trading card was mailed from (I still cherish the envelope it came in, with 'Lucasfilm Ltd.' in the top left corner!)
  18. TK-855 Jedi Knight

star 1

I have been to the Ranch twice.

The first time was during the media junket for AOTC, caught an advance screening in the Stag Theater. Wow.

The second time was for a taping of MTV's TRL - they needed an Imperial presence on short notice.

I get the feeling that McCallum and Lucas will still be based at the Ranch. I'd rather drive there than into SF as a commute.

19. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    I was at Skywalker Ranch on September 6-7th 2001 for the Episode I DVD press junket.
  20. Callisto_DAerisian Force Ghost

star 2

ok dudes, friends and i are driving past this sunday just to check it out and maybe take a couple of pics. anyone know how to get there? i heard it was unmarked but am sure it is off of lucas valley rd.

just paying homage, ya know? hehe.
  21. Callisto_DAerisian Force Ghost

star 2

DUDE! went up lucas valley rd and had to turn around. MAN! that road is pretty hairy! hard to make those turns with a big car. nice area though can't believe the man drives those turns every day.
  22. StarWarsFreak444 Force Ghost

star 7
    Man you guys are hella lucky!!!!
  23. malducin Jedi Master

star 4
    Lucas's second "Ranch" is called Red Rock Ranch and has a giant statue of Yoda out front.

Certainly you must be referring to Big Rock, not Red Rock.

After the Letterman Digital Arts Center opens at the Presidio(next month?), what's still going to be at Skywalker Ranch? Because I read that Lucas is moving the LFL offices and ILM to the LDAC.

Skywalker Sound and the Lucasfilm production offices will still remain at the Ranch. ILM, LucasArts and a few others (I believe Licensing) will move to the Presidio. Note that not all of ILM will move to the Presidio though.
  24. ARASHI Jedi Knight

star 2
    I recently had the opportunity to visit the
    Skywalker ranch. I was something a last moment.
    It was an hour tour & actually I was expecting a place
    with things from Star Wars all around but it looks more
    like a camping place. It just have a couple of Star Wars'stuff
    in a shelf & in the sound area.
    The gift shop is pretty small but they have cool stuff
    a little expensive.
    I have a couple of pictures. I will show you to you
    in the next meeting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.