main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's Behind Snoke?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PeteAwakened, Dec 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeteAwakened

PeteAwakened Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2015
    After seeing Star Wars VII three times, I have noticed something new each time, such as the whisper at the end of Rey’s visions (after touching the lightsaber) in my second viewing or Yoda and Obi-Wan’s voices heard in the same scene in my third viewing. I also have noticed a couple other interesting things, and have a theory that could be an interesting twist to the new trilogy.

At the end of Star Wars VI; Return of the Jedi, Darth Vader comments to Luke: “If you will not turn to the Dark Side... then perhaps she [Leia] will...” and later, when Luke is talking to Leia and he says “…and my sister has it [the Force]” and “You have that power too. In time you'll learn to use it as I have. The Force runs strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. And... my sister has it. Yes. It's you, Leia.”.

Fast-forward to Star Wars VII. We see Leia many years later, but no evidence that Luke has taught her the ways of the Force or that she’s used a lightsaber or experimented with the Force. So what has she been doing the last 30 years? Has she been practicing, using the Force privately, which would be a dangerous way for a novice to learn and hence be susceptible to the Dark Side? Or did Luke teach her, and things went wrong somewhere along the line? I’m suspicious.

Now, Leia is leading the “Resistance” army to find Luke. We assume her intentions of finding Luke are good, but why did Luke leave everyone else in such chaos and at the mercy of The First Order, while splitting the map of his location between R2-D2 and the old man on Jakku? Some say he left to find the Jedi temples and learn how to be a Jedi Master since he failed and the result is Kylo Ren. However, could there be a larger conflict for Luke—another family struggle where Luke would be forced to destroy a close family member (a much stronger bond than a nephew or even his father Anakin)? Did he get an inkling that Leia was behind Snoke and he didn’t know how to handle this situation? At the end of Star Wars VII Rey is holding Luke’s old lightsaber out to him, and you may see an expression of pain and resistance on Luke’s face--almost reluctance to take the lightsaber and face his ultimate fear.

Ben Solo had been training with Luke but—as Leia points out to Han—was seduced to the Dark Side by Snoke. Who is Snoke? He came from somewhere, and most likely does not look like the vision shown. Snoke’s an amorphous character, so he (it) really could be anyone. His appearance is over-sized which is an obvious “Wizard Of Oz“ cover up for someone who wants to be anonymous. Even if the hologram of Snoke looks completely different than the individual who is really behind him, he and Leia share a similar jawline, a similar droll mouth, smoky voice and a mole positioned in the same spot on the top left cheekbone. His comment to Kylo Ren about Han Solo indicates that Snoke is concerned Ren won’t be able to kill his father. Snoke’s comment almost coincides with Leia’s request, asking Han to “…bring our son home” (confront Ben and risk being killed?). Could Leia be playing both sides, ala Chancellor Palpatine, pulling strings between good and evil armies?

When Han is killed by Ren, Leia sits down because of the disturbance felt through the Force. We assume this relates to sadness regarding Han, but no tears, no sadness. Compare Rey and Finn’s emphatic emotional response when Han is killed and the emotions are very different. Leia almost seems cold or dark. Even when Rey returns to Leia and they stare at each other, Leia doesn’t shed a tear. Is this due to Leia having internal conflicts between her Dark Side and the Light? Her son, Kylo Ren similarly struggles with being drawn to the Light Side as it relates to Han Solo being his weakness.

I suspect that towards the end of the next movie, Star Wars 8, Leia will be revealed as being Snoke and having become a Sith (or at least evil) after experimenting with the Force, and being the weaker twin who was seduced by the Dark Side.

Your thoughts?

Mav Edit: We have a Snoke thread to discuss such theories.

Darth Early likes this.
  2. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Sorry... that's probably one of the worst theories I've seen.

3. Jedi_Master_Laker

Jedi_Master_Laker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 27, 2002
  4. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I've already explained that Snoke = Tarkin. There's nothing left to discuss

[​IMG]

Anleifr, Revyl Ren and ThisHurricane like this.
  5. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Snoke is the force behind Kylo - they just showed him in the 1st movie instead of the 2nd this time round.

6. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Such a new character.

7. Thom Skywalker

Thom Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Dec 1, 2014
    When Han is frozen on carbonite by Vader, Leia looks sad because of the pain, separation and the iminent life risk. We assume this relates to sadness regarding Han, but no tears, no sadness. Leia doesn’t shed a tear.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Kylo is the Vader of the ST and Snoke is the Sidious so no one is behind Snoke.

Krueger likes this.
  9. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Snoke is said to be a thousand years old....bloody hell Leia's looking good for that age and didn't we see her being born 50 years back?

10. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    Who's behind Snoke? Is it not Andy Serkis....

11. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Snoke rhymes with smoke. We know Leia's been hitting the death sticks.

12. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    They already said Snoke is about 7 foot tall and on the thin side. I doubt they would just outright lie about that.

13. GeneralOrgana

GeneralOrgana Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 24, 2015
    Sorry, but no. This is grasping desperately at straws that do not exist.

14. DarthPoojaNaberrie

DarthPoojaNaberrie Jedi Master star 5

Jun 21, 2005
    hahaha, so there IS hope for han to survive the destruction of starkiller base!

15. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    You think Leia is behind Snoke? Ha! No.

16. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Behind every great man is a great woman.

Don't kid yourself...Snoke's wife is calling the shots.

17. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    Snokes wife? Have you seen this guy? Nobody is marrying this creature.

Berry Kenobi likes this.
  18. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Snoke Jr. is actually Han's dad. So that makes sense.

19. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Snoke = smoke.

Smoke and mirrors.

He's the wizard from Oz and probably a few feet tall.

He's like the reverse Yoda. Darkside Yoda.

20. Berry Kenobi

Berry Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 20, 2015
    Nah man this seems to be going to far.

21. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    If you'd asked me before TFA what I thought about Leia turning dark and becoming Sith, I'd have it's an interesting idea if they do it right. Now, I just don't see it. I don't see Leia leading the Resistance and being a Sith and working against Kylo Ren. No, if she were Sith, she'd be on Starkiller base and she'd be answering to Snoke while Kylo answers to her.

Sorry. Ain't gonna happen.

JediRocks74 likes this.
  22. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    This theory carries no water I'm afraid.

JediRocks74 likes this.
  23. Force22

Force22 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

Jar Jar?

24. Obi-Wan-Jon

Obi-Wan-Jon Jedi Master star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    My thoughts?

I've read a lot of stupid Star Wars crap over the years, but this is near the top of the list as crappiest.

25. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

No. What's that dark house elf from Harry Potter? Screech? That's what it would be like.

Force22 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.