Who's eating at Burger King ??? haha!

Discussion in 'Jacksonville, FL' started by Leia214, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, today starts my rein of eating terror at Burger King! If I am going to buy the toys, I might as well eat the meal that comes with it.

I am trying to put together a set for friends in Australia and Hungary so if anyone gets extras, PLEASE let me know! Especially the Vader.

Who else is going to get these?
  2. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Its times like this, that I really wish I still worked at Burger King. :( Free toys for me, or at least I could pick the toy that'd go in my meal.
  3. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    E_V - don't you know anyone who still works there??!! We need an insider [face_thinking] !!!

I tried to talk Mark into getting a pt job there - hah! If he wouldn't have gotten this contracting gig this week, he would have.

It will still be fun - I love food promos - have a ton of them from EPI when Taco Bell and KFC had them.
  4. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just an FYI - the BK at Jax Beach didn't even know about the promotion and had some other wierd toys - don't waste a trip there if you are in the neighborhood!
  5. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I've got connections at the Burger King at Jefferson and Blanding (Tangelwood BK). One of the managers there is a friend of mine, and he gave me one of those BK promo door displays in mint condition. :D
  6. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well share the wealth! I need to pick up a couple toys for my friends overseas - I can always buy a set on ebay for myself but it's tougher for them with conversion, customs, etc.

If you think you can get some specific ones from him, let me know and I'll shoot you a list of what I need!
  7. PHATJEDI67 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh how it just breaks my jedi heart to hear that about the BK in Jax Bch...given that's the closest one to me. Oh well, what's a big guy to do.....perhaps the one near Queens Harbor has some star wars goodies. I'll let you posted.
  8. PHATJEDI67 Jedi Knight

star 1
    rather, I'll "keep" you posted (sigh)
  9. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Darrell - how are ya!!! The Jax Beach BK still had old toys so maybe they are just slow moving - I';m not giving up hope because that is the closest one to my job.

10. riquigonjin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh my god. My girlfriend just walked in the door, and the first thing she hands me is a darth vader, luke, and the falcon. She got my son a vader as well. She just went to the regency BK and asked for the vader. they said that they only had 2 per box, and that they only had one box open. my son got to the darth vader before i could bribe him with another toy (sorry Leia214). but I will keep my eyes out for ya.
  11. riquigonjin Jedi Knight

star 1
    I forgot to tell you. You don't have to buy the meal, you can buy the toys for .99 cents.
  12. riquigonjin Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm so sorry, I thought she said 2 per box. She said there are 5 out of 200 per box. I'm not to sure. Does anybody know?
  13. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    It's 5 per box according to things I read online. That's awesome you and your son both got one. I scored one the other night at a BK near my house - very tempted to open it to play with it!

So now I have to find 2 more - one for a friend in Australia and one for a friend in Hungary.

Keep me posted ya'll!
  14. Droid-Master Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey All new to you boards (just posted a few times) anyways LONG LONG time fan, new to being semi hard core collector (I blame my 3 year old son who is way into in ...bless his young jedi heart ... now it's two against one, against my wife. mu awawaw).

Anyways wanted to say hi and that I got a few of the toys from BK, even the Awesome Vader... YAY

I thought it was $1.60 to purcase with an adult meal?

Not to sure when I could make it to your meetings... and I dont have a costume (would one day love to be a Trooper of some kind)
  15. CRIMSONXXX Jedi Knight

star 1
    Julia/Luis

Maybe we could contact the event cord. for BK to schedule a troop at the local location of his/her choice. I'm SURE that there would be free toys involved...and maybe even a couple of lunches. I'll bet that the BK guys would LOVE for us to contact them (considering they were awarded the line). Whatcha think?

UMMMM...THE RED IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE.

TR-1741
  16. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oooh - good idea Crimson!!!
  17. darth-blaze Jedi Master

star 4
    can anybody try to make this happen, I'm kinda swap right now with work, I got a big inspection coming up.
  18. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll give a couple BKs calls over the weekend to see if any are interested in having us troop.
  19. riquigonjin Jedi Knight

star 1
    don't worry the buns off your head, I just scored another vader (thanks to my girlfriend, again). So you are more than happy to give it to your friends across seas. I'll give it to you on the 18th @ the theater. Now you only have one more to go. If any one finds an extra yoda please let me know, my girlfriend is looking for one.
  20. riquigonjin Jedi Knight

star 1
    There is just one catch. You must tell them this is a gift from Ri-Qui-Gon-Jin, and spread the force.
  21. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    woohoo! I WILL be sure to tell them where it came from and that THE FORCE delivered it to me!

Haven't seen the Yoda yet - my BK still only has the first 5 and has two cases of them left. They said they will not go on to the next week until the first ones are sold out.

Your girlfriend must have the touch to be finding the Vaders!
  22. darth-blaze Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I didn't get any vaders, but I got an Xwing, Darth maul, R2 and a yoda.
  23. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    My BK still doesn't have the next wave yet! Guess because I am in an isolated area - my BK is never busy!
  24. Droid-Master Jedi Knight

star 1
    I got all of the first series including Darth Vader.

Does anyone know what is in series two?

Thanks
  25. Leia214 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think Wave 2 is Maul, Chewbacca, R2D2, Yoda, and the X-Wing fighter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.