main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Who's Free May 24th/Memorial Day Weekend?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AnasianSkywalker, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Hey all!

With the craziness and stress of still recent life events as well as rarely getting weekends off from work, I was NOW wondering:
    Who is now free to hang out this coming Memorial Day Weekend -specifically Sunday, May 24th, yep - my B-day? (yeah, a little self-serving, but oh well.) [face_mischief]

I haven't seen most of you guys in the past couple of months, since there were no recent meetings and no interest in really meeting as a Fan Force to (non-costumed, strictly social events such as) recent movie outings. - i.e. Wolverine and that other Space Adventure Re-boot of a franchise.;)

And since I'll unfortunately will be working May 31st (The B.B.Q. thread), I want to hang and celebrate with you all before the end of the month. And before my bro, Kat, and myself head down to Florida for Star Wars Weekends.

So here are my Ideas:

*Terminator Salvation - could be downtown SF or Digital in Tanforan. (Friday night, May 22?)
    *Great America
    *Discovery Kingdom aka Marine World
    *WaterWorld
    *Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
    (Discount passes available through my work and/or Costco for all the above)

So what do you all think?

2. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I think I'm free memorial day weekend. I'm open to most things, but Marine World is probably a bit farther of a drive than I was hoping for. Great America sounds fun since I missed the other SFFF trip there years ago, but I know some people are strapped for cash and something like Santa Cruz could be more affordable.

The one thing I probably wouldn't be down for is the Terminator movie - David wants me to see it with him here in San Jose.

3. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I'm in that strapped for cash category. Not too interested in Terminator, either.

Considering SFFF's anniversary is the next week, why not make it a dual celebration?

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, as I recall, last year when that happened, Dale was still changing out of his biker scout costume at the car when his cake was being cut, and he didn't get to blow out candles!

[face_shame_on_you]

Dale and I will be doing a big event for RL/GGG on Saturday, but we're both off on Sunday for his b-day. I was thinking Waterworld or Santa Cruz for Sunday. We don't need to spend much for either. Waterworld is like $20 (and I haven't been there in years), and if we can get a spot, maybe we can have a bonfire at the beach in Santa Cruz or something.

5. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    As I recall it was so cold and windy, candles would not have lit anyway...

6. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    First of all... LOL Rob. Secondly, cheap is always good. Yay cheap!

Never the less... A day out sounds fun. Waterworld may cause me to drown so I'm not down for death (my death, death of others maybe permissible depending on scenario). I was thinking Marine World a while ago cos I haven't been there in a while and wanted to go along with some other friends I haven't seen in ages although one of them ain't in town a lot so that maybe bad afterall. GA is another place we haven't hit in a while but kinda pricey if you think about the over all day but doable. I'm down to see Terminator Salvation actually so no prob there. Santa Cruz... lol... I use to live there you know... ;)

It's your b-day Dale, you must choose, but choose wisely for the true event will give your party life. The false party... well... death was already mentioned earlier. :p

7. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I am free that weekend. I can go along with whatever is decided. Some place like GA or Marine World could be fun. Even water world. I have not been to a water park for a really long time. Maybe I could work on a tan. :cool: But I agree that it should be your decision Dale and realize that you probably will not find something that fits everyone but it should be what you want to do. Also, let us know what you want from the birthday fairy.

8. AnasianSkywalker

Sep 2, 2003
    Well, five minutes would have been enough time for me to finish changing TEN FEET AWAY to hear "Happy Birthday" and take a picture with my cake before cutting it up!

[face_shame_on_you] :mad:

9. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    I'm ready for anything

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Said right before he got his farm boy hide tossed across the cantina. hehe...

11. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008

hey tell me if you're gonna hang out next weekend cause I got a bag of pilot stuff for you

12. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008

or how about we have 2 celebrations for those who can attend. I dont have plans for either weekend and wanna hang out

13. MyBlasterGoesPewPew

MyBlasterGoesPewPew Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2009
    Ooh Water world sounds fun, plus its been really hot lately so water is the BEST idea =DD

14. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    i'll be in the middle of moving to another apt, but depending on what you all decide and when, i will try my best to make it and collect much-needed hugs :( life has sucked recently, and i think i need a little jedi council midichlorian recharge. i miss you all.

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Rogue Leader will be engaging man. Thanks Tom, owe you one mate. =D=

16. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    *HUGZ* You'll be just fine. Fly fast and shoot straight. ;)

17. AnasianSkywalker

Sep 2, 2003
    Hey everyone.

After some input of people being "strapped for cash" these days, I thought going to WaterWorld in Concord would be a good alternative compared to Great America or something like that.

If you'd like to come, please purchase and print your tickets online because for a limited time, they are only $24.99.

http://www.waterworldcalifornia.com/

Let's try to be there after 12 noon and then afterwards we can get together at the Elephant Bar restaurant near by.

http://www.elephantbar.com/locations.asp

Hope to see you there!

Dale

18. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000

Guess I'm out of this one. I ain't equipped for water landings... Ah well.

19. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I don't do water so well these days, but I might join you later at the restaurant to wish you Happy Birthday. Just have Matt call me on my cell when you get to the Elephant Bar.

After all, I do live in Concord! :p

20. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm in. Don't worry Ming, we won't let you drown.

21. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    You don't seem to understand... I nearly bit it in 5 ft of water during a dolphin encounter in Hawaii WITH one of those life preserver things. It was kinda sad although I did cross off touch a dolphin off my life goals "list". If such a mission goal was there I'd consider it but as I doubt Waterworld has dolphins I'm gonna pass to prevent me untimely and embarrassing death.

22. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    We could always meet them at the restaurant. Have a few drops of the true before everybody else gets there.

23. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Ah yes the game of drink... A "water"world that I dominate. :D

24. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    On second thought... I'm in, I need a tan anyway. I meant life vest, not preserver. lol Just can't be in any pools greater than 4.5 ft.:p Rach, can you charge a tix for me since I'm printerless. I'll pay ya back. :)

pew pew glug glug!

25. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008

if you all are willing and able we can just as easily have a bonfire at the beach in daly city, that is if everyone is able to make the hike down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.