main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who's going to Meet 11?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Grand Admiral Reese, Apr 20, 2002.

?

Who's going to Meet 11?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. I'm going

55.6%
  2. Not I

44.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Good to hear Will

2. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    I voted yes, but I must apologise and ask you to nix that vote. I'm going to the premiere with some other people at the Lowell cinema. :(

3. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Fair enough. No one I know besides the Rebels and my cousin are willing to see AOTC the day it comes out. Although I am trying to convince one friend to see it on opening day...that is, aftert the meet at some point :).

4. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    So how many people do we have so far?

5. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    well the poll says 5 votes for going,but GasCabbie says he's changing his vote.so as it stands now 4

4? thats sad,we got 15 people on that list(not includeing Rox,since he lives in Pittsburgh doubt he'll be with us)and only 4 voted yes??

I have a very bad feeling about this!!

6. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    No, ignore the poll. I had a number at one point...someone go back and count how many people said yes... hrmmm...

Actually I talked to my father about him going to the premier with me and this morning I asked if he would mind If I could use his credit card. He said he would have to approve this with mother but hopefully things will work out. I will post if this does work out(I'm NOT making promises) and hopefully I'll have 6 tickets ordered on Friday!

question: when can we start ordering the tickets? midnight, friday morning?
    I sure as hell hope not...

7. Rebel_Sock_Trader

Rebel_Sock_Trader Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2002
  8. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Trader, stop. You've done this before. It ends.

9. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Indeed.

And I've got to get that PM off to Rox to announce the meets. If we're ordering tix Friday, I've got to do it now.

10. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Boston Rebels Episode 2 Meet #1
    Mon, Apr 29, 02 10:03:31 PM EDT

Meet 11 Episode 2 Midnight Premiere

Date: Beginning Wed. 5/15/02, ending Thu. 5/16/02
    Place: Loews on the Common Cinema, 175 Tremont Street Boston, MA 02111 (617)423-3499
    Tickets being ordered on Friday, 5/03/02, contact info@bostonfanforce.freeservers.com or GrAdmReese@fanforce.net by 5/02/02

Looks good!
    question: Were can I order tickets on friday? I have never ordered movie tickets online.

11. Jedi_Master_Arra

Jedi_Master_Arra Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 13, 2001
    :_| As soon as my parents found out it was on a school night, they immediately said no. :( I guess I'll just have to go on Friday the 17th..without as many screaming fans.

12. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Dave- try Moviefone.com or Movietickets.com,or you could even try the theartre's website itself here!!

All are good for online ordering,but be warned,last time when TPM tix went on sale both servers crashed from to many people ordering at once.So it might be kinda frustrating.

Jedi_Master_Arra -have you tried to talk to them about going with you.I know haveing the folks around is the biggest bummer going.But it might be a good idea to have em' come with you.That way they have no worries!!

13. Malazaf

Malazaf Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I dont think I will be able to go, but there is still [1] week before it, though I would probably end up not being able to get tickets. [face_plain]

Im not sure when I will be seeing it...
    When it says, beginning 5/15/02, what time would that be? I assume its from [date\time] to [sometime after midnight\16\02[5] ]?

14. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Thanks Roy!

Malazaf- any time on the 15th. We are just meeting at the theater sometime before midnight.

15. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I'm there.

16. Malazaf

Malazaf Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    'sometime before midnight on the 15th'.

You making that on a nice frilly invitation, too?

17. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Yup. I'm not entirely sure what time to begin it. I'll be in fairly early(once school's out, I'm heading in to Boston), but I'm sure not everyone can make it that soon.

18. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    most likely the show starts at 12:01 am!!

It would be wise to get there early so you can get good seats,a ticket only gets you in,it doesnt reserve a seat for you!!

19. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Yeah, so get there a bit early. I have no idea when I'll get there. Hell- at the moment none of use know if they are gonna have a midnight showing!!! :(

20. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    This is from TFN-

Advance Ticket Sales Update
    Wed, May 01, 02 03:33:15 PM EDT

Very Dangerous Doug sends this:

Just got off the phone with the manager of AMC 24 theatres in ********* at (3:02pm EST) and they confirmed that upper management has sent them an email TODAY to all theaters ( carrying the film ) that they can start selling tickets for episode 2 as early as 10AM Friday Morning at the AMC 24 location. They will announce tommorow what show times will be available starting May 16th.
    I followed up with a quick call to Lucasfilm Public Relations at (3:12pm EST) and they confirmed that Thursday 5-2-02 that FOX will announce which theatres around the country will be granted the copies of the movie.

It seems that every theater has a different story on this, so you might want to check your local theater before camping out. But this is the story we're hearing most frequently.

What the heck is going on!?

21. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I sent them an email telling them about Loews here.I dont even know if there is an AMC here in Boston

they confirmed that Thursday 5-2-02 that FOX will announce which theatres around the country will be granted the copies of the movie.

Thats saying which theartre will have the movie,it doesnt say anything about tix sales

22. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Yeah, but I saw- "10AM Friday Morning"
    I know it may just be for AMC theaters but who knows?

23. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I wonder what town that guy is from?

24. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    I can most likely go at this point. As I said in the Prep thread, the hardest part for me is what to do after the show.

25. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Everybody who wants to is going to crash in my college's auditorium until the trains start running again. I will ask my Director tomorrow, but count on it unless I tell you otherwise. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.