main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Whos Going to the Metro???

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by oldwookie, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldwookie

oldwookie Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    I missed out getting tickets for the Metreon :_|,
    at least I had already bought tickets for the Metro as a backup.I havn't been to the Metro in years. I do like the old single screen theaters, maybe what it lacks in technology it will make up with ambiance.

I still may try to find Metreon tickets, I just wanted to see if there are other fans from here who are going to the Metro.

2. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    i'm watching it at the Metreon.. so are alot of people here i think

3. vermilionone

vermilionone Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    Hi everyone, I'm new.

I'm an ex-employee from the Coronet who didn't transfer to another theater because, well, I'm mad that the 'Net isn't going to be able to complete the circle it helped start.

Don't discount the fun at the Metro entirely, If you've ever been to the Coronet, some of the people who were involved with the fun at the 'Net are working on some stuff for the Met now. I've heard that they're going to do raffles and auctions and get guest speakers. Moreover, I've heard that they're trying to block off the street that night so we'll have the entire block dedicated to partying. I'm sorry I can't give more details, the Metro employee who told me this stuff says that they're not entirely sure how it's going to go down. They're still trying to figure out if the Metro will invite the guest speakers, whoever they may be, inside!

Eric Gobel, the Coronet's projectionist for the past 26 years, will probably be running the projector at the Met, so the utmost care is being taken with the print.

I'll be there :)

4. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Actually some old school folks from all the prequel Coronet first showings are gonna be there and going to have a street raffle, silent auction, and over all festival. Timothy Zahn I heard will be there. Also since I know the guys that are heading this... I KNOW there will be lightsaber mayhem going on (unfortunatly I will be missing this...). I've never been to the Metro but I'm sure it will be great regardless.

5. oldwookie

oldwookie Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005

I too was upset at not being able to finish the trilogy at the "NET", I was also upset at not being able to get tx for the Metreon DLP.I started thinking though that generally I enjoy viewing movies in the single screen theaters more then at the multiplexes. If the sound system is up to date at the Metro then it might be a great place to see this movie. It's just been so many years since I've been there that I don't recall much about it.

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I'm sure it will be fun, I mean, it's only one of THOUSANDS of parties that'll be happening all over the world! But after seeing the film in DLP, I'm in no way interested in seeing it any other way (other than in 3-D, that is).

7. jakdin

jakdin Jedi Master

Jun 22, 2004
    What time are most people going to be getting in line at the Metreon?

8. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Dude I'm in line now... Where have you been? :p

9. rogue-twelve

rogue-twelve Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2003
    Dude, Tenken's for real. He's been in line since '97 at least...

10. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I've been in line since before he was born.

1980 Empire Strikes Back, Northpoint Theater.

11. PURPLE_MACE71

PURPLE_MACE71 Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    I'll be there instead of the Metreon; at least I'll be supporting one of the few single screen theaters left in the city

12. oldwookie

oldwookie Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    AHHHHHH the Northpoint. I watched Apocalypse Now there when I was 12. "Why do all you guys sit on your helmets."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.