1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:VIC Who's gonna win Australian Idol?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Mr_Mwindu, Oct 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Mwindu Force Ghost

star 4
    well i have to admit ive been a closet fan of the show for a while, but once I found out most people I know watch it too, well Im not that ashamed to admit it! (but no, I haven't been voting!)

So, I reckon Guy will win.........
  2. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  3. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    You just lost all my respect.

(Not you Mixo, you never had my respect to begin with.)
  4. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Millsy's gone, and Paulini will no longer be buoyed by the PC idiots and their "don't call fat people fat" BS, so she's a gonna.

Cossima will some great fanbase to go on, but it'll come down to Guy and Shannon, and I reckon the former has the scope and range to win.

Looks at Hawk's raised eyebrow.

Err...I mean, I don't watch it. That's it, I'm gonna have to kill you all now....
  5. Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't watch it, but Guy is the guy with the cool afro, so he's gonna win.
  6. Rogue_Product Jedi Master

star 4
    As FBS and PoT know, I don't watch much tv (why bother when it's mostly crap anyway, except life support, top show that) but Australian Idol caused a stir when the BMG executive called one of them fat and thus I was amused... it's still a stupid concept.
  7. Mr_Mwindu Force Ghost

star 4
    i lost HawkNC's respect! didnt know i even had it to begin with! hehe

but still think guy will win, because due to the nature of its concept, its not a talent show, rather its a popularity show.
  8. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It is just so boring and drawn out!
  9. Mr_Mwindu Force Ghost

star 4
    i agree bro, takes way too friggin long. but guy would be a deserved winner
  10. Scott_M Jedi Master

star 4
    Paulini should win, but Guy probably will win.

Cosima and Shannon simply aren't in the same league vocally. Millsy had personality (even if it was an irritating personality) but not the voice to back it up.
  11. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    who is judging it in talent? If so the judges would have the say. Shannon is bad, Cosima has a lower voice than Paulini, Guy reminds me of an ethnic Bert Newton and Paulini is doing the warble in every song !!
  12. Scott_M Jedi Master

star 4
    Well Paulini go the arse last night, which was hardly surprising. Guy will be next, leaving the two caucasians (oooh, conspiracy!!).

Since the people voting will be the ones buying the records, I think Guy and Paulini will be better off out of Idol. That way they can get snapped up by other record companies and make albums that, while not selling as many copies as a mainstream pop act, may be of a higher quality (not to mention credibility)

Whoever wins Idol will have more control exerted over their career and be forced down the road of mainstream pop.

Look where that landed Bardot, Scandal'us and that other guy who no one can remember...
  13. Mr_Mwindu Force Ghost

star 4
    spot on scotty.

its unfortunate that paulini and guy were bottom two, as they were hands down the two best singers and performers.
  14. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Shannon in my opinion stole the show at the big band special, his performance as a truely standing ovation inducing bit of entertainment.

Remember, this isn't simply a vocal contest, as the industry isn't about just voice. It is having the complete enterainment package.

I reckon Guy will still pull off a win, he just had a bad theme for his style this time, but Cossima's "sha-bam" quality and new sensuality will give her a good showing, and Shannon just can't put a foot wrong with his "boy from the country here to steal your heart away" ensemble.

Apart from Millsy being gone, I'm pretty happy with the final three. Any of 'em are bloody well deserving, but it'll be Guy.
  15. Mr_Mwindu Force Ghost

star 4
    well judging by the signs in the crowd of "we want to make you breakfast guy" then guy is already a winner!
  16. Scott_M Jedi Master

star 4
    Remember, this isn't simply a vocal contest, as the industry isn't about just voice. It is having the complete enterainment package.

Personally I thought Paulini did have the complete entertainment package, but the people who vote (of which I am not one) are the ones who are going to be buying the records. So there's not much point in whinging about Paulini getting the boot.

If the general public cares about less vocal talent and even lesser personality, then that is simply what is going to sell. Though this is more or less just a different spin on Popstars, having the public vote rather than judges makes more sense. The industry can comfortably say "Here you are, this is what YOU asked for" - then blame the public when the 15 minutes is up.

At the end of the day I would buy a Paulini record before any other person on that show.
  17. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have only heard Shannon sing one song well!!!!!!!He is bland!!!!!!!Guy is so mass produced and Cosima has a really weak range!!!! None of these will become stars, just one hit manufactured wonders
  18. Scott_M Jedi Master

star 4
    If you want to give the voters of Australian Idol what's coming to them, head over to HMV in the city right about now.

My kingdom for one of those mininukes the Predator carries on his wrist...
  19. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If only i was down Melbourne!!!
  20. AT7 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Tahiri,
    No!It's Riina
    Tahiri
    No!! It's Riina
    Tahiri !!!!!!!!

Boy the NJO has been going for a while

...Back on topic...
    That guy with the afro...GUY ! Would like to see him have a trim of it though !

MTFBWYA
  21. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    and fix those eyebrows up
  22. Scott_M Jedi Master

star 4
    Finally Cosima has been found out. She's had a weak husky voice for weeks, but somehow survived. If she survives tonight, fair dinkum it'll be a miracle.
  23. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What about Shannon's voice? His is also so weak!
  24. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think VicFF should have entered as a team.

We so would have kicked ass. *gets out ukelele*
  25. Jet-Eye Jedi Master

star 4
    Lol, PoT and I will chorus-ly Dump it up...

Who got voted out tonight?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.