Cincin, OH Who's interested in contributing to a group newletter?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by ImperialRecruiter, Mar 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm trying to get an idea of who wants to help out with a newsletter. If you could post a reply to this thread, I'd be happy to PM or e-mail with you over what you want to contribute.

It doesn't even have to be something serious. I'm open to suggestions. I'd like the newsletter to be something in which we'll all find something we like in it. Hopefully, everything will be liked in it.

Oh, before I forget. Yes, your name would appear as the author of the article, if you write it. Collaborative works would give credit to all involved.

Thanks for the help.

e-mail: imperialrecruiter@death-star.com
    AIM: ImperialRecr
    Yahoo: SmokingWulf
  2. LovelyLotus Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'd be happy to contribute to the news letter on my own or in contrubution for an article on Costuming.

Lotus!
  3. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    I can do pictures, like at our meetings and get some of them in the newsletter, also i can maybe do some sort of collecting column, ludo might be able to help me with that also ;)
  4. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, that's exactly what I had in mind :)
  5. gimpx32 Jedi Knight

I could possibly write articles or something. Not sure what though.......depends on what is needed.
  6. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    padawan_schlicher and Qui-Gon_Ludo,

If you guys could do a collaborative article on where to find the toys East side versus West side, that might be a great kick off article for a collecting story. I'm not worried about how long it is. If we could have something put together in about two weeks, that could give me an idea of when I could get the newletter out to everyone. If you guys have the time to work it out sooner, that'd be fine too. It'll put the fire under my butt to get things moving faster.

Thanks guys.

gimpx32,

I'm not going to lock you into anything unless you're really having trouble. I don't want it to be like an assignment. That'd make the article harder. Go with what your interested in. If you're still stuck, let me know and we'll work on something.

Thanks dude.
  7. jedimike421 Jedi Youngling

star 2
  8. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    jedimike32. er...

jedimike421,

Cool glad to hear you're aboard. I've got Padawan and Ludo doing an East Versus West on where the toys are, if they are agreeable. Would you want to collaborate and bring in the Across the River view of the toy scene? Or do you have some fan fiction you'd like to do? Maybe a music article or a critics corner of the different fan movies. I'm sure not everyone has seen them all, and a good idea of where to start would be great!
  9. KirstenSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    I could help in two ways:

I actually edited and published the employee newsletter at my old job, so I'd be willing to put it together with MS Publisher and distribute.

My main collecting focus is also vintage stuff. I'm not sure there's a big interest in it anymore, but I'd be happy to write an article on vintage collecting.
  10. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
    Vintage collecting rules!!! I am trying to finish my Tri-Logo set, very tuff task :)
  11. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    KirstenSolo,

Hey, that sounds great. How would we work that out?

Edit: The editing part that is. I'm still thinking about how the distribution will be done. At first, it'll probably be through e-mail, but I'm looking to go hard copy down the road. The idea being something you can actually hold in your hands.
  12. jedimike421 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I can do various different topics ranging from reviews to commentaries.
  13. KirstenSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    IR, I'm thinking that you could gather submissions then send them to me, or people could just send them to me. Either way would be fine with me. The only problem with an email newsletter is that I couldn't design it in publisher -- everyone would need publisher to be able to see it. We also wouldn't be able to include pictures unless we set them up in an album online and included a link. So here's my idea: we could have two versions of the newsletter, one hardcopy on publisher that could be distributed at meetings, and one through email that's text only for people that can't make meetings. I also think it would be nice to have a club secretary of sorts to report what happens on meetings. His or her report could be included in the email newsletter.

What do you think?
  14. LovelyLotus Jedi Knight

star 3
    ImperialRecruiter basically has become the unoffical secretary of this group, he's been taking down names of those in attendance, and keeping a written record of things discussed in the meeting.

So far since there is no club money, we have to do a email news letter till a decision is made on how donations will be taken to pay for paper, and postage for this to be sent out to the members. Since this is a group run orginization, the money must come from the group. We have not yet voted on this issue. It is on my agenda for the next meeting, along with many of the things touched on the boards in the past week and a half.

I leave the desision of the newsletter to Imperial since it's his project and not mine. He's been feverishly gathering information over the past two weeks, and assigning folks their projects for this letter. I believe from what he and I discused he wanted a to be very much part of the editing, construction and publishing.

You guys will have to discuse it via our chatroom or through email. He can be reached at: ImperialRecruiter@death-star.com or PMed here.

Lotus!

15. KirstenSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Lotus,

Will do. I just responded to his question here because he asked it here. We'll take it to private correspondence from now on.
  16. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    Everything is going to be okay, I'd just like everyone to have patience while this is starting up.

jedimike421,
    Private Message me with what you're going to do specifically if you could. That way, I'll know where you're headed, or help out if you need some more specifics.

KirstenSolo,
    I've gone ahead and e-mailed you on the goal. Thanks for responding.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.