Who's job is the most boring?

Discussion in 'Southern Nevada, NV' started by JADED_JEDI, Jul 17, 2003.

?

Who's job is the most boring?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
Jaded_Jedi's--works at the county, yet plays on the internet ALL day!! 3 vote(s) 33.3%
Axia's -- lots of boad activity sporatically throughout the day suggests a very boring job as well.. 2 vote(s) 22.2%
Darkstar--has complained about his job being boring as well 4 vote(s) 44.4%
Talon_Wolfe--what exactly DO you do!! j/k :) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JADED_JEDI Jedi Master

star 3
  2. JADED_JEDI Jedi Master

star 3
    If you feel that your job is more boring than anyone's on the poll then post and give your most sicking excuse why YOU should recieve the bragging rights to the "MOST BORING JOB!!!"

:) hahaha!!!
  3. galaxy419 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Im voting for Darkstar.................I know what he does (or doesn't) ;)
  4. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, I hate my job. Not because it is boring, but because it sucks and I hate it. I voted for Axia's job. His job is so boring, he is actually happy to chat with me through IMs, when I know I'm a very dull person to talk to online.
  5. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    pffft. I work at an accounting firm doing taxes and bookkeeping. Blarg. so boring.
  6. JonnyFlamehead Jedi Knight

star 3
    I actually find myself quite busy, but during times when I have to install drivers or security updates on my 150 computers I end up finding time to post every once and a while during the day.
  7. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't really say my job is boring, see that would imply that I actually 'work', oh sure i work, but its not really 'work'' I just sit here in front of the computer until my boss comes in...... I mean....er....um.... I work hard......
  8. JonnyFlamehead Jedi Knight

star 3
    hey I'm board waiting for a lab to ghost, so I found this article on slashdot.

Interesting article for those of us who are board.

http://marshallbrain.com/robotic-nation.htm
  9. JADED_JEDI Jedi Master

star 3
    That was very interesting and I think everyone here would enjoy reading it...

BUT! I don't think it will happen like this person is saying. I definatly think that there will be robots, but I do not think people would let robots take over ALL of the jobs. What sense would that make? All we would have to do is say, "Well, I like to have money, therefore, I must work." Even if robots DID take over the lower scale jobs, humans are creative. That is what will always separate us. If robots DO eventually become creative (won't be in this century) we still have emotion. Would you rather order your meal from a machine, who would be less likely to give you that free ranch dressing with your fries? Or a person who is lazy and won't bother to charge you the extra 45 cents or whatever for it? I'll take the human, thank you.
  10. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    I want a robot!! Oh, sorry, did I say that out loud?

Jaded, I think that vendors will be able to program those behaviors into the robot, as they will see that that is an appeal to consumers.

Jaded: Can I get some ranch dressing on the side with those fries?

Masculine robot with eyelid articulation: Well, the order is already in, but don't worry, I'll bring some over to you [wink].

On a side note, did you notice that the AISIMO robot by Honda is like a child, in size and actions? I think this is not a mistake, but intentional. What better way to get an unsuspecting earth to accept robots- cute, playful, little children...
  11. JADED_JEDI Jedi Master

star 3
    Sooooo...

the real question is...are we already living in the Matrix...or is it still to come?

????????????????????????????????????????

MMMMMWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!
  12. cbielich Jedi Knight

star 3
    just thought I would bump this old post for fun
  13. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    I am unemployed and cant find a job.that not only boring ,but frustrating.
  14. Moka Jedi Master

star 4
    My job is awesome, although I do work very strange hours.
  15. JADED_JEDI Jedi Master

star 3
    you also say strange things in those hours.
  16. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    What hours do you work Moka???
  17. Moka Jedi Master

star 4
    Some days I only work 4 or 5 hours, other days I work 12 to 16 hours, just depending on the day, the projects I have going on, and what I have to do that night (for instance if ALIAS is on I make sure to be home by 8:55).
  18. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    pfft. my job is not boring anymore. I have been running around since 8 this morning.
  19. Moka Jedi Master

star 4
    Hooray for tax season for Acthar!!!
  20. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah, fan-freakin-tacular
  21. JADED_JEDI Jedi Master

star 3
    that is a good word. like ginormous.
  22. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    YAY! I just now saw that I won this little contest... alas I don't have that job anymore, now I'm at starbucks... but I miss the sitting at the computer, reading a book, surfing the net, talking with Inaen, watching a movie during our lunch break kinda boredom... :( now I actually have to work, well not really, I mean it is still just starbucks...
  23. cbielich Jedi Knight

star 3
  24. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I've said it once, but I'll say it again. Tis better to have a boring job than a strenuous one... take it from someone who knows.
  25. Moka Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll agree with that and add that 'tis also better to have a boring job than one in which you must work with raw sewage. (I did maintenance to work my way through college and it served to make me ever so glad that I was getting my degree so as never to have to do that again).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.