main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Who's job is the most boring?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JADED_JEDI, Jul 17, 2003.

?

Who's job is the most boring?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Jaded_Jedi's--works at the county, yet plays on the internet ALL day!!

33.3%
  2. Axia's -- lots of boad activity sporatically throughout the day suggests a very boring job as well..

22.2%
  3. Darkstar--has complained about his job being boring as well

44.4%
  4. Talon_Wolfe--what exactly DO you do!! j/k :)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JADED_JEDI

JADED_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
  2. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    If you feel that your job is more boring than anyone's on the poll then post and give your most sicking excuse why YOU should recieve the bragging rights to the "MOST BORING JOB!!!"

:) hahaha!!!

3. galaxy419

galaxy419 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    Im voting for Darkstar.................I know what he does (or doesn't) ;)

4. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Well, I hate my job. Not because it is boring, but because it sucks and I hate it. I voted for Axia's job. His job is so boring, he is actually happy to chat with me through IMs, when I know I'm a very dull person to talk to online.

5. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    pffft. I work at an accounting firm doing taxes and bookkeeping. Blarg. so boring.

6. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    I actually find myself quite busy, but during times when I have to install drivers or security updates on my 150 computers I end up finding time to post every once and a while during the day.

7. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I can't really say my job is boring, see that would imply that I actually 'work', oh sure i work, but its not really 'work'' I just sit here in front of the computer until my boss comes in...... I mean....er....um.... I work hard......

8. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    hey I'm board waiting for a lab to ghost, so I found this article on slashdot.

Interesting article for those of us who are board.

http://marshallbrain.com/robotic-nation.htm

9. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    That was very interesting and I think everyone here would enjoy reading it...

BUT! I don't think it will happen like this person is saying. I definatly think that there will be robots, but I do not think people would let robots take over ALL of the jobs. What sense would that make? All we would have to do is say, "Well, I like to have money, therefore, I must work." Even if robots DID take over the lower scale jobs, humans are creative. That is what will always separate us. If robots DO eventually become creative (won't be in this century) we still have emotion. Would you rather order your meal from a machine, who would be less likely to give you that free ranch dressing with your fries? Or a person who is lazy and won't bother to charge you the extra 45 cents or whatever for it? I'll take the human, thank you.

10. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I want a robot!! Oh, sorry, did I say that out loud?

Jaded, I think that vendors will be able to program those behaviors into the robot, as they will see that that is an appeal to consumers.

Jaded: Can I get some ranch dressing on the side with those fries?

Masculine robot with eyelid articulation: Well, the order is already in, but don't worry, I'll bring some over to you [wink].

On a side note, did you notice that the AISIMO robot by Honda is like a child, in size and actions? I think this is not a mistake, but intentional. What better way to get an unsuspecting earth to accept robots- cute, playful, little children...

11. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    Sooooo...

the real question is...are we already living in the Matrix...or is it still to come?

????????????????????????????????????????

MMMMMWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!

12. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    just thought I would bump this old post for fun

13. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I am unemployed and cant find a job.that not only boring ,but frustrating.

14. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    My job is awesome, although I do work very strange hours.

15. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    you also say strange things in those hours.

16. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    What hours do you work Moka???

17. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Some days I only work 4 or 5 hours, other days I work 12 to 16 hours, just depending on the day, the projects I have going on, and what I have to do that night (for instance if ALIAS is on I make sure to be home by 8:55).

18. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    pfft. my job is not boring anymore. I have been running around since 8 this morning.

19. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Hooray for tax season for Acthar!!!

20. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    yeah, fan-freakin-tacular

21. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    that is a good word. like ginormous.

22. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    YAY! I just now saw that I won this little contest... alas I don't have that job anymore, now I'm at starbucks... but I miss the sitting at the computer, reading a book, surfing the net, talking with Inaen, watching a movie during our lunch break kinda boredom... :( now I actually have to work, well not really, I mean it is still just starbucks...

23. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
  24. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I've said it once, but I'll say it again. Tis better to have a boring job than a strenuous one... take it from someone who knows.

25. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I'll agree with that and add that 'tis also better to have a boring job than one in which you must work with raw sewage. (I did maintenance to work my way through college and it served to make me ever so glad that I was getting my degree so as never to have to do that again).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.