main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who's lurking out there? Show yourself!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by KnightWriter, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    To get some idea of who is quietly reading but not posting, here's a thread to basically announce your presence. Brendan's farewell thread sort of woke me up the reality that there are a number of people who read threads here and don't post. So, without having to get involved in any real discussion, who are you?

2. Vincent-Kenobi

Vincent-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 4, 2008
    I visit this place at least once a day.

3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I don't post here too often, but I visit often to read.

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I lurk regularly but don't have a big enough interest to involve myself in any lenghty discussions.

5. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    I look around regulary,i used too post too, sometimes i get answers,sometmes i dont.
    I trie to avoid any discussion about the economy,because i dont know too much about it.

6. SlackJawedJedi

SlackJawedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2004
    Long time lurker, very infrequent poster.

7. Reecee

Reecee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    I check the Senate usually when I'm online.

And reading it over the years has played a big part in developing an interest in politics, especially over the past year.

8. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Here's my answer: I think KnightWriter would agree that sometimes we don't do a good enough job of welcoming new or occasoinal posters.
    I post incessantly about the economy even though I don't know too much about it.

9. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Don't really have the time for extensive debating or posting, but I do enjoy reading here quite frequently.

10. Paladin307

Paladin307 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    I stop in several times a day.

11. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    This topic title reminds me of Triumph:
    "Are you a Korean guy under there? Reveal yourself!"

12. Nrf-Hrdr

Nrf-Hrdr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2000
    My posts are mostly innocuous comments in the Amphitheatre but I actually spend more time reading this forum. For the most part I find there are enough informed people coming from different perspectives that everyone keeps each other in check, and that makes for an interesting read. I don't bother posting because there's almost always someone out there willing and able to elequently cover my perspective*.

*the curiously one-sided British politics forum is a bit of an exception to this, but I'm not really dedicated or politically fluent enough to represent the opposing point of view.

13. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
    I'm reading, but I don't care to involve myself in discussions. I just enjoy reading the varied opinions around here.

14. Sherylin

Sherylin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    *curtsey*

I'm Shery. I seldom post in JCC any more, truth is I seldom post anything in the internet. But I often read interesting discussions here in the Senate, also in the Amphitheatre.

15. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Can I see some evidence supporting your stance please ?

I only post when I know what I'm talking about, and while I read most of what goes on here, I'm not able to contribute much in many areas. I don't know much about politics, and for the most part I don't like/trust politicians. I'm not religious, so all I end up reallt contribution to are the scientific discussions.

16. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    I'm always reading, but usually only participate occasionally in the atheism thread.

17. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    If I've gone through my favourite boards and I don't see anything else worth reading, I'll lurk around here. Maybe once or twice every few days.

18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i've been lurking here pretty often for the past few months. it was just for the election thread at first, but i quickly started reading the other active discussions.

19. Darth_Smileyface

Darth_Smileyface Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2004
    I'm here every time I'm online, without fail, which is usually every day. I've been here since '04 but was over at the virtual edition boards since '99 until they closed (that's why I came here). I don't post much because I'm not very knowledgeable about most things and I easily get torn to threads by the more experienced posters. Still, I enjoy the Senate. There's usually some very intelligent discourse in here.

20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I read far more than I post these days mostly because I tire of the same old arguments being brought up that get shot down and debunked over and over.

21. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    I check in here every few days, just to see what's old. And by that I mean old topics that continue to grow and older posters who seem to come here for their afterlives. There are usually some interesting discussions around here I like, but just don't care to really debate.

22. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    I like to read some of the threads, especially the ones with philosophy (it's so cool!), but I don't really know enough about any of this stuff to post. Also, most of the time, someone posts what I think, but they say it about 400 times better than I could. :p

23. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    ::de-lurks::

Like a lot of other people here, I just enjoy reading a number of the threads here. :) I usually don't have the time or knowledge to partake much myself unfortunately.

::re-lurks::

24. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    ,, I look around regulary,i used too post too, sometimes i get answers,sometmes i dont.

Here's my answer: I think KnightWriter would agree that sometimes we don't do a good enough job of welcoming new or occasoinal posters.

goraq posted:I try to avoid any discussion about the economy,because i dont know too much about it.

I post incessantly about the economy even though I don't know too much about it.,,

If a comment is interesting for me,i answer,if not i dont,i think thats how the forum is and i accept it.
    But thanks.

25. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I pop in daily to see if there's anything interesting going on :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.