Whos more powerful: Luke or Mara?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LtSticks, Oct 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LtSticks Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, this is something I think will provide lot of debate:Is Luke more powerful than Mara, or does his dear wife just show him up in the strongest jedi contest? personally i think Mara might just scrape it based on the fatc that she can FIGHT. What does Luke really do apart from worry about what to do,and stop Jedi from being proactive! HELP!
  2. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Luke by far. Mara is strong in the Force, but no stronger than Kyle or Kyp. Luke is definitly stronger in the Force, and I think that he's mentally and spiritually stronger as well.

If they were to go toe-to-toe for some reason and not hold back, I'd give Mara approximatly 1.765473 seconds to live. (Kyp would get 2.00146673, Kyle gets 2.1332446, Corran gets 0.00023564, Jaina gets 2.0124, Anakin gets 2.901626, Jacen gets 3.00014862. Vader might last a whole minute, but I doubt it).
  3. Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Master

star 4
    Luke is the most powerful, IMHO.
  4. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I took me a few minutes to stop laughing and realize that this was not intended as a joke but as a serious discussion.
  5. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Yet, people forget that kyle is a chosen one of prophecy. As we know those that are chosen to prophecy are stronger than most jedi. He is also far more trained and finesse than luke at sword fighting.

Luke is not the chosen one, but the son of the chosen one.

Yet, I believe kyle and luke are equals as jedi. Mara Jade couldn't even touch kyle on dromund kaas, kyle blocked every one of her moves. Until, she just put her saber away, and prepared to die if need be. But kyle broke from the controle of the darkiside because of friendship.

Luke beat vader, because he touched the darkside, not because of skill.

6. Darth_Destructo Jedi Master

star 4
    Men have a weakness for the fairer sex.
    Seriously, Mara could win. Especially if Del Rey wants to sell more books. :D
  7. -Vergere- Jedi Master

star 4
    Hah, yeah maybe Mara could divert Luke's attention from the fight somehow... Hrmmmmm.... ;)
  8. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    ahhh Luke

I really don't think Mara's all that powerful but that's just me
  9. Ginger Jedi Master

star 4

This is an easy question, Luke of course. From all that I've read and seen I've never gotten the impression that Mara is very strong in the force.
  10. exar-tull Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  11. jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  12. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
  13. Darth Tuna Jedi Master

star 2
  14. Jarik Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, Gandalf. How does Jacen get a whole 3 seconds?
  15. mena_lyn Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, Luke. Why is this even something that needs to be discussed?
  16. Tiershon_Fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Mara had to be trained for ten years to be considered a Jedi, and that's after living with the galaxy's strongest force-user of all time, Palpatine, for nearly twenty years.
    She's not that strong in the force. She is very intelligent, well-educated, and saavy. She can take care of herself. But Luke is THE Master, make no mistake about that.
  17. princess_of_naboo Jedi Master

star 4
  18. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
  19. Galleon Jedi Knight

star 2
    Luke may be stronger in the force but Mara has a lot more professional combat training, but it is just a matter of time before Luke wins. I thought Kyp had stronger Force powers then Luke.
  20. Quiwan Jedi Master

star 4
    Luke is the most powerful. No one is even close, although Leia could be if she'd work on her skills.
  21. Simone Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Can I ask a question in what book did Luke move a black hole?
    Oh and I think the answer is Luke.
  22. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Luke is the most powerful. No one is even close, although Leia could be if she'd work on her skills.

I disagree. I think Leia could have been, maybe, if she'd started long ago. Now it's been too long, and like any skill, force use atrophies with misuse. Luke has been keeping on working, at this point no matter how hard Leia started working she'd never come even remotely close to Luke.
  23. Simone Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Ahhhhhhhh please answer my question!
  24. Galleon Jedi Knight

star 2
    I don't remember the black hole thing, I really don't think is the most powerful, just the most experienced.
  25. LtSticks Jedi Knight

star 3
    God, i knew i would get a response from this one, but, boy did i not expect one of this size! All of you who said Luke have justified it really well, so well, i'm startin to doubt mara's chances in a fight!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.