main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Who's Really Going to Disneyland Sunday?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi-Loreen, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I know several people were thinking about it, but plans can change.

So we're supposed to meet the PFF at 10:00?

Is anyone bringing an FRS Radio? Does anyone (besides me) even have one? I know people in the SDFF and SDSWS do, but I don't know if they are bringing any. I'll have to go over to their board(s) and look, or ask.

Lots of people use these at Cons to keep in contact with their groups. I would suggest people get one, or a set, if they plan on attending a lot of Cons and Events, in the future. Start looking for sales now! Get them with the subchannels. The 501st likes to use 5.01 (go figure! :p), and sometimes the Rebel Legion uses 11.38 for their respective channels.

2. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Yes I am going. I'll post more here as to where we will be meeting up in the morning Sunday.

3. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    We'll have a few radios also...FRS and GMRS compatable

4. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    hi linda;

myself, my wife lu and my sister renee will be there.

mtfbwy,

don

5. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    I'll be there Sunday. I'll drive anyone who wants a ride (we'll have to meet somewhere). Just remember that I'm in the Santa Ana/Tustin area :-D

6. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    I will be having a fun filled weekend at my inlaws so I am out. Hope you guys have fun.

7. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    i'm out too. i have a project due on monday and i have to edit the film before i turn it in.

8. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I'll be there. I may or may not be bringing a couple firends, too

9. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    The more, the merrier, Tracy.

Okay, I'm gonna bring a radio, then. To keep in touch. Of course, I'll have my cell phone, too.

10. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I won't be able to make it but OfficeMax has those FRS radios on sale this week. Free after rebates.

OfficeMax

11. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    You know what? Count me in. I've got an annual passport and no prior engagements. SRB, BobaMP, you guys going Sunday? I'll meet you there. I'll just check the boards for the time, place, and stuff.

12. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    I've got two smaller sized radios. We tested them out and found that you can be serveral blocks away and still hear them pretty good.

13. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    Ok everyone. We are supposed to meet PHFF in the courtyard area between Disneyland and California Adventure at 10am. I think we should all try and get there by 9:30 so we can make sure we all find each other. Then we can meet up with them. Is that good with everyone?

14. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    we will be coming up from oceanside, but will try to make it at 930am. someone should pm me thier cell number just in case were late. looking forward to having fun.

15. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    Is it possible to meet somewhere so we can carpool? That way we could split the cost of parking one car versus a bunch of them.....

16. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    I know Britt was willing to carpool with some people as he will have a parking pass I think.

17. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I'll be there with my three kids, and at least one other person with his daughter from my fanforce will be there.

18. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    I'm looking forward to it. A neighbor across the street works at the D-Land Hotel and has a couple of complimentary passes. She gonna look for them (hope she finds them!) and give me one! :D

I'll be there at 9:30.

19. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Anyone going to be there Saturday afternoon?

20. SRB_Jedi_Knight

May 25, 2002
    I think everyone from OC will be there on Sunday.

21. BobaFett-MP

May 13, 2001
    I bought my year pass yesterday with parking pass, so I can take anyone who wants to carpool. We'll have to meet in one location. I've got a small Toyota Corolla though, so I can only fit 4 other people.

22. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    I can drive, too, or ride with someone. Otherwise, I'll be driving by myself. I've got Parking on my annual pass, but I think it might be easier to carpool than caravan. Your thoughts?

23. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    I'm just gonna drive there myself, I only live a few miles. One on my friends, he's in Oregon, asked, "Why don't you walk?" I responded, "Because I'm gonna be walking around Disneyland all day! Why would I want to walk further, if I don't have to?" Besides, then I'll have to carry whatever Star Wars merchandise I may end up buying. [face_laugh]

My cell phone #, if anyone wants it is: 714 296-3314. And, until we agree on another channel, I'll be monitoring channels 5.01 and 11.38 on my radio.

24. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I am going to go with my friend ashl;y who is driving me and has a parking pass, and we're brining my bf phil, and my friend andrue, who wants to come to a meeting soon. :) I am excited :p So we'll meet you guys there

25. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    I talked to some members on the LA ff and they told me that they were under the impression it was C.Adv.-SUNDAY, and Disneyland-SATURDAY.

I thought based on this thread it was actually the reverse (CA-SAT, DIS-SUN)....I pmed the groupd leader and he confirmed what the LA group had told me.

I noticed on the Phoenix board that they planned on going to Disneyland the day Mara Jade Fan could and she posted on here that it will be Sunday. I mentioned this to the Phoenix guy and he is getting back to me on it...

Thing is, there were a few of us planning on going to CA Adventure Sat since they are having the "two parks, two days for the price of one deal". When you purchase the ticket for one park, you get a pass for the other(you can't use them both at the same park). SO now I don't know what to do. Anyone else have any ideas?? Anyone interesting in going to CA ADV Sat??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.