main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who's right: Darth Ludicrous or Valiento?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ash_shack_II, Mar 13, 2002.

?

Who's right: Darth Ludicrous or Valiento?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2002.
  1. Darth Ludicrous

14 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Valiento

18 vote(s)
    52.9%
  3. Other

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ash_shack_II

ash_shack_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2001
  2. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Who is right about what?

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
  4. ash_shack_II

ash_shack_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    Sorry, I should have explained better. DL said he was going to delete every thread on the first page that had AOTC Spoilers in the subject line. Val said he shouldn't. Then everyone else chimed in with their thoughts on the subject.

5. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    Assuming you refer to DL's ludicrous notion of ditching the posts involving AotC from the lit board...my vote...the first one...is for valiento...

6. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    This disagreement shouldn't be turned into a personal conflict between Valiento and DL. For now, Padme Bra's acceptance of EU-related topics in PSA should solve the problem.

7. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    As just said, a solution was found. Something like this both defeats the point of what was said, and would be ignored by a lot of people.

But hey, dont worry what I think, I'm apparently an extremist.

8. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    No good can come from this.

9. Darth Pikachuwbacca

Darth Pikachuwbacca Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2000
    My main beef is that there was a thread about the unofficial Lost 20, which I was about to read after another thread. I then looked in the movie forum, and couldn't find it. I don't mind being spoiled on some things, like the Lost 20, but in that forum, people were explaining specific scenes IN THE THREAD TITLES! It was tragic, so now I can't even go in there.

Anyways, if DL doesn't want to be spoiled, can't someone else handle those threads in this forum?

By the way, I didn't vote, because A) It's wrong to turn this into some kind of war between them, and B) I don't think either is right or wrong.

10. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    This thread will be locked as soon as a mod comes around (if I?m not mistaken, there is a rule against threads like this in the lit forum). Let?s see how long that takes?

On a side note, I voted for DL. Why? Because discussions involving spoilers for the movies should be kept in the forum designed to discuss spoilers for the movies. Again, I believe there is a rule that prevents any AOTC spoilers from being posted in the lit forum. However, I could be wrong about these rules.

11. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    AOTC is going to affect the EU, and we're going to want to discuss it. And mentioning EU in the movie forum does not lead to a discussion (just insults and flames).

We'll need someplace where EU and movies can be discussed not flamed.

12. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    This thread = [face_plain]

It's a sad day when...

...Reaperfett is labelled an extremist... by someone who should know better... :(

...wild_karrde is labelled a troll... again... by people who should know better... :(

...A thread titled "Who's right: Darth Ludicrous or Valiento" actually gets posted. :(

13. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    It's a sad day when...

...Reaperfett is labelled an extremist... by someone who should know better... :(

No no, I'm the one with the dumb extreme views, Im an extremist.

14. big_boss_nass

big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Nov 12, 2001
    Darth Ludicrous is right so stop it

15. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    I think there was some serious spice floating about.

That's the only way I can explain it when XXX and YYY ( how's that for a grouping ?[face_plain] ) are bundled together in a small extremist minority and called even more extreme than the extreme person who's extreme actions caused an extreme amount of posting.

And when XXX, YYY and ZZZ are all in agreement that AAA is a "tr0ll." ( ?[face_plain] )

I mean what the hell. The only thing I would think is crazier is if they started letting EU fans start posting EU Spoiler threads in the PSA forums. I'd think that's a sign of the apocalypse...

16. muuurgh8150

muuurgh8150 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    If you read in the Terms of Service you will read the following:

User also agrees not to post spoilers regarding the upcoming Star Wars prequels in any forum outside of those specifically labelled as allowing spoilers.

This is the literature forum. not the AoTC spoiler page. if people want to read about AoTC spoilers they can come here. In fact, the way I see it. Any posts about AoTC should in fact be off-topic posts. since this is the Lit forum, anything on the subject of the movies should not be here.

Therefore, I think that DL is right.

(plus valiento has always been a jerk to me.)

17. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Genghis, your post has left me extremely confused. [face_plain]

I also think that the apocalypse, or reasonable facsimile thereof, is upon us. Be prepared for anything.

18. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I'm closing this topic and revoking the privelege to post polls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.