main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who's seen "Signs" and what did you think? "Spoilers to Signs are allowed"

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Vong_Killer, Aug 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    I saw Sign after my Dad and brother convinced me that it sucked. They even gave me the ending about the water.

My dad took me to see it w/ my friend lance so that I could get my own opinion. I loved it. Maybe it has somethin' to do w/ me having no faith in anything, and the strong message of faith in the movie really touched me. I thought the parts w/ the aliens were Awsome, but wasn't dissapointed by the lack there of. I loved this movie, and my dad even came around to it after seeing it the second time.
    It was more than I expected, and everything I love in movies, where some tiny thing in the beginning sneeks up on you from behind and by the end of the movie you're so oblivios that when it smacks you across the face and throws you for a loop, you're taken by such surprise that you do a double take to make sure you're seeing okay. This movie RULES. I hope M. Knight Shamalan keeps up the good work.

2. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    Signs is pure crap.

Do not get me started I've already been banned once for flaming in the jcc in the official signs thread.

3. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    I thought this movie was really excellent, another one that I will never forget.

4. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    I wish I could forget it. And also forget the money and time I spent on it...

5. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    I thought signs was awsome! The suspense and scary scenes were great and the message was very powerful. I loved how it all came together at the end. It was a great movie!

6. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Hush vile fiends.

7. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Ed, you seem to hate every movie.

8. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Nope. I only hate crappy movies.

9. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    I really REALLY liked signs...however the ending was the worst ending they could have possibly had on the movie. Water? What is that? Horrible. Absolutly horrible.

I think a good ending would have been this: When the older son goes up the stairs to check out the house after the night in the basement and there is a long pause just showing the top of the stairs...well I think after the son has been gone for a while, instead of him comming back, they should have had an alien walk past the top of the stairs and then go directly to credits.

This would be cool because it leaves you hanging, which I think is wicked cool to do in a movie, it shows how smart the aliens are i.e., attacking Earth, faking radio broadcasts, not dieing from water, etc. But no M. Night Shamadodo screwed it all up :(

10. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    The thing I really want to know is, did the aliens have to kill the dog? How could they remember to board up all the windows and stuff, but forget the bring the dog in? And did they have to put in the sounds of the dog getting killed?

11. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
  12. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Ed, you coming to the next meet?

13. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    A few of my friends saw it and said they were disappointed, although I have yet to see it.

14. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Maybe.

I just got a PM from Nathan warning me not to use a certain site that I linked to over a month ago for a picture containing a chipmunk that was used to prove a point that that's what the aliens in signs sounded like.

It's ironic that the timing this occured was just when I was flaming the movie again.

15. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    The aliens don't look like chipmunks.

16. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Reread my post.

17. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
  18. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Indeed.

19. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Are you coming to the next meet Ed?

20. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Reread same post.

21. kowikan_monkey

kowikan_monkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    I thought Signs was awesome....it had some pretty scary scenes.

22. Vong_Killer

Aug 22, 2001
    JediRaanic, please explain your ending. Without the tie in to Mel Gibsons wife and what she said the movie woulda axtually sucked. The movie was all leading up to that one point, and without it the movie woulda been very pointless.

And what about the aliens faking radio broadcasts? This never even happened in the movie!

23. Orange_Sith

Orange_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2002
    i thought the movie rocked, pretty freaky but if water hurt them then how come they could live in our air if it has vapor in it?

24. Vong_Killer

Aug 22, 2001
    Naybe only liquid water, or water in high concetration.

25. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    In other words, a bunch of kids with super soakers can defeat the entire alien army. Now that's just plain stupid.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.