main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who's seen the picture up on the Official Site?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by hew, Jul 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    It looks like Anakin and some other guy having a duel. The other guy has a red lightsaber prop blade - probably a Sith because in Episode I, Ray Park had a red lightsaber prop blade. All the sparks and smoke could be new Force powers or simply lightsaber sparks like they always have. I'd like to see Force powers though. They could be fighting under a ship.

2. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    whoa!!! who owns that ship???

3. Q187

Q187 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2000
    Well I sure don't know SI! How will we ever find out!? :)

4. The Mentos® Strikes Back

The Mentos® Strikes Back Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2000
    Those saber props bend real easy, right?

5. Dom

Dom Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 15, 2000
    Right.

6. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    Holy!!!!

Is that Dooku??

7. El_Emperador

El_Emperador Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    Wait a minute, you may be right... he kinda looks like a gray haired chap. Could be Dooku. Does that mean he's the new Sith?

Ok, this is REALLY weird... look at the select. the red saber isn't parallel with the handle!! Look at that? a mistake? Or is the handle curved or something? WEIRD.

Does Anakin have a green or blue saber in the movie... hmmmm.. no idea.

8. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    Anakin's saber is blue, judging from the selects we've seen and the Insider pics showing the blue glow reflected on Anakin's face. The plastic is green though....Obi-Wan's plastic saber was also green in TPM. They can put whatever color they want on it later.

Dooku's handle could be bent but it could also just be the saber in motion that makes it look that way.

I'm assuming it's Dooku. It doesn't necessarily make sense, but I think it's definitely him. Darth Dooku?

Charismatic separatist my @$$!!!

9. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
  10. Q187

Q187 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2000
    Darth Dooku

lol

11. NRDigital

NRDigital Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2000
    Do you think Darth Dooku can Count to ten? :)

12. Qui-John

Qui-John Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 1999
    Look closer - the blade actually matches up with the handle. It's the character's (Dooku?) left hand that gives the illusion of being bent. Brighten and enlarge, and you'll see it.

13. Obi-Wan69

Obi-Wan69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 1999
    While I feel very childish for doing so, I can't help but laugh.

[face_laugh]

But SI, that's just wrong.
    :p

14. El_Emperador

El_Emperador Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    What are you talking about? I brightened and enlarged it and it looks even MORE like the blade (or handle) curves where Count Dooku's head is.

And, no that doesn't look like the Slave I. Looks like that other select we had awhile ago. this one

15. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Don't forget this select.

16. darkmole

darkmole Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 2, 2000
    With all these names, its almost like being in the spoiler forum :)

17. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I would appreciate if all spoilees who are only here to mock the non-spoilees or push the discussion into spoiler territory would refrain from posting in this or any other thread.

Now on to the Select... that does look like a duel in which Anakin participates. The other guy doesn't look like Dooku to me, but it could be. Pretty cool pic, in any case.

18. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Now that I look at it more closely, the red blade does seem to be curved. So maybe there are curved lightsabres in Episode II.

19. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    I think that it's Dooku, but I don't think it's him in the previous select as the person there appears to be too short (and wearing a belt - although the belt could be hidden by the robe in the new select). The two seem to take place in the same/similar locations (the same rock below Anakins saber/around the floor).

It could be that Dooku is on the side of Anakin, and is spinning around to deflect blaster fire, or might just be running towards that thing in the background whilst Anakin covers him.

If they are dueling, I guess that'd make Dooku our new Sith - despite his age and apparent status with the Jedi (the bust).

I really have no idea. :p

20. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    I think it's more likely that the saber hilt is curved than the saber itself. Doesn't it seem like having a bent blade would be difficult to do? Of course making any kind of saber presents a challenge I suppose.

I still think it's Dooku but the point made about them not necessarily fighting each other is well taken. They do appear to be sort of far apart. Perhaps they're deflecting blaster shots, which would explain the pyrotechnics going on around them. Those sparks don't appear just from lightsabers hitting one another.

The fact that Dooku's saber is red in the picture means nothing. There's an Insider pic where Windu's is red also, and we know that his blade color after the added effects is purple.

21. Obi-Wan69

Mar 22, 1999
    But, and this a totally non spoiler point, while his saber might not be red, why then would he be facing Anakin in an apparent duel?

See what I'm getting at? That alone would make me believe he's the next Sith. It's right there in the picture. Why else would he be in a battle with our Jedi protagonist, weilding a nasty light saber of some sort, and wearing bad ass black. It's all there.

Whether you believe the figure to be Dooku or not (although his characteristics are strikingly similar to Christopher Lee's), it's safe to assume this mysterious man in black is our new Dark Lord. At least, one would be led to believe so based soley on the things presented in the photo.

22. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I apologize if anyone thought I was mocking them. I myself was merely trying to point out what seemed to be a possible connection between two select pics that no one seemed to have mentioned yet. My intention was not to make fun of or mock anyone, and if I made that impression, I quite sincerely apologize.

23. Darth-Mouth

Sep 18, 1999
    OK, I'd say I'm 80% certain that what we are looking at is a lightsaber duel between Anakin and Count Dooku, Dooku being the new baddie (a renegade Jedi if not a Sith).

But like I said before, GL might be throwing us for a loop. This seems like a pretty big thing to reveal this early. Maybe we are meant to think something that is not true. They could very well be fighting digitally inserted enemies along side one another.

The simplest explanation however is still that they are fighting each other.

24. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    No, no, no you've got it all wrong.

Dooku is inoccently bird watching using his macrobinoculars at the cliffs above.
    Suddenly, without warning, the new Sith Lord skewers him through the head (off screen).
    Anakin then ignites his saber to defend Dooku, but for whom it is already too late. It's then duel seen in the other select.

:p

But seriously, Anakins saber is blurred suggesting movement, whereas as Dookus (if it is Dooku) is not, suggesting he is standing still.
    That means Anakin is charging to attack Dooku (they are some distance away if you look at the floor) and Dooku is in a defensive stance (which he doesn't appear to be).
    OR, Dooku and Anakin are being fired upon, and Dooku is deflecting fire, whilst Anakin is charging one of the enemy (either CG, or just off picture in this select).
    OR, some other option...

25. Obi-Wan69

Mar 22, 1999
    Darth-Mouth, don't think about it too much. Lucas has waaaay too many other things to be doing than trying to throw fans off track, escpecially with a select picture, considering what the purpose of the selects are.

The simple, logical explanation....staring right at you, is more often times than not, the right one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.