main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who's seen the picture up on the Official Site?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by hew, Jul 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Ty

Jedi_Ty Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2000

It's obvious: he's just realized his heartfelt affection for Dark Lady Mara will ever be unrequited... ;^)

2. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    Or maybe he just heard she was actually made an admin....

;)

3. Jedi_Ty

Jedi_Ty Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2000
    Of course. :eek:

4. Rilian

Rilian Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2000
    Interesting pic. Obi-Wan on a plain floor. I couldn't see his lightsaber attached, anyone else?

5. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    No, details are pretty hard to come by with those Select Pics. What's the deal with his right arm? Is it twisted behind his back or is he holding his hand to his head or neck? I can't really tell.

6. Lumpawarump

Lumpawarump Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2000
    Wow, I really like this pick.
    Reminds me of THX or 2001. =)

Hey they haven't really been in zero gravity yet, that would rock!!

7. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    I like this week's picture a lot (finally one of Obi-Wan :) Great angle and it peaks my curiosity.

8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Here's my theory about the latest pics. First we have the cantina thing, but since nobody is there it's before something. Then we had the twilek/darth Jester/funny headdress pic. The person seems to be at a party. Then we had the outside of the cantina and know we have Obi lying on a floor in pain. You can clearly see that he suffers from hangover.

My conclusion: There will be a really really big party in Ep. II.

9. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    [My premise: Select Pic==>official sw.com release==>not spoiler==>fair game unless you're very conservative. If you believe otherwise, don't read on.]

I think the speculation in the spoiler forum's thread is hilarious. Completely ridiculous and without a leg to stand on, but hilarious.

They have people conviced that Obi-wan has just been shot in the back and he's writhing in agony. Um, yeah. They're also convinced that he doesn't have his lightsaber. Helloo, you can't see his right hand, don't you think it's possible that he's *holding* the dang thing?

The simplest explanation to me is that Obi has just jumped or fallen from somewhere above, and he's in the process of rolling over to break his fall. The expression on his face is just the wind getting knocked out of him, or else he's yelling something.

10. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    But Obi was more cute without a beard.

11. rogueleader16

rogueleader16 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 2, 2000
    It looks like he has his hands over his ears. Perhaps there's a loud sound hurting his ears. Just take each of these pictures with a grain of salt. There's no guarantee that any of them are actually pictures of scenes from the movie. A lot of them look like they are just random shots from around the set.

12. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Huh? How can you tell what that pic is it all?

I give up on Selects...

13. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    Dark Lady Mara, how well you see the select pics depends greatly on your monitor. For me at home, they're nothing more than tiny blurs on the screen. It probably has something to do with the fact my video card is way too old to be used with my 21" monitor, and thus I don't get very good resolution on anything. At work, the screen is smaller, so the picture is smaller, but at least it isn't fuzzy.

14. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    I made a larger, sharper, brighter version of the pic, and it looks a lot better.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dunes/9281/select.jpg

Anyway, I don't think this pic should be enough to convince anyone Obi-Wan's been shot. Maybe he lost a contact or something.

15. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    You can read anything you want to into the picture. I still believes he is hung over.

16. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
  17. Rilian

Rilian Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2000
    Do you people realize that ILM could add any number of special effects to this "scene" if it is in fact a shot from the film at all. There are a mountain of possibilities for what could be represented here.

18. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Yeah, I've heard some of that speculation. Don't want to go into it in any more detail for fear of treading into *spoiler land*.

19. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I've also read a some speculation about the pic, and I don't believe they are right.

20. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I agree with Mara that you can't really tell anything from those pictures. It could be anything, and we can all take from it whatever we want. I think that rogueleader is right by saying that it doesn't even have to be an actual shot from the movie. I bet George is just staging these pictures to throw all of us bozos off :) Not that you can really figure anything out from them in the first place.

21. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    It would be funny if all these speculations were saved, just to see how wrong they were when the films comes out.

22. MJedi

MJedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 17, 2000
    Hello. Haven't posted here in a long time. :)

It brings to mind Luke's reaction to the Force Lightning that Palpatine used on him in ROTJ. Perhaps the next Sith apprentice, or even Sidious himself, uses the same thing on Obi-Wan.

23. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Yeah, that's what everyone was talking about. But I'm willing to bet 21 months from now, we'll all realize the entire set of Selects was an enormous red herring. So far, only one or two of them seem to even be shots from the movie.

24. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    My opinion about the pics is that they are funny to watch and to talk about, but I don't think they say a thing about the movie.

25. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    No, they don't add up to much of anything, but they are interesting. Especially this week's...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.