main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who's seen the picture up on the Official Site?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by hew, Jul 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Interesting. Have we another teaser poster in the making?

2. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    Quite somber-looking, I think.

3. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I agree, klingklang. And it is very interesting. So, what do y'all think other than that?

4. Lumpawarump

Lumpawarump Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2000
    Cool! Another good select picture.

I think this one shows a older, mature and more sexual Amidala. Woohoo!

5. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.

Mara, could you give me a good *whack* in the head please?

It has been a very long while since I have visited theforce.net, and unfortunately, I chose tonight to go there. I know I had told myself to stay away, but no. So, I clicked on the link thingy for the news about the new ep 2 select, which I'm positive many of y'all did as well. I read more than I really wanted to know. I mean, I know it's all just speculation & not really *spoilers*. I know it isn't that big of a deal, but still, I like to keep the speculation with people who really don't know that much more about it than I do. You know? I don't know. Anyway, I really vow not to go there anymore.

6. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    Queenie Amidala: I was really tempted to look at that news piece on TFN (I figured that since one has to highlight everything, it wouldn't be a problem). But since you said that, I think I will stay away from it. I am really sorry you came across a speculative spoiler--even if it's not true, there's this sinking feeling of "I didn't want to know that" when one comes across such information.

7. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Yeah, that is exactly how I feel, now. I thought that all of that kind of stuff you had to highlight to read. Obviously TF.N and I differ on what we consider to be spoiler, "highlight to read" material.

8. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    Interesting.....somber is the word. I like this pic, so far I consider it the best.

9. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    I like it. This and the spy photo of Natalie Portman in costume that came out a few weeks ago (yeah, I looked, so sue me) suggest a more mature and alluring look for Padme.

10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I also saw that spy pic, hew. I like this pic very much, I must say it is the most beautiful pic so far. This together with the old select with Padme gives me a very tragic feeling. Somehow she looks so weak and lost, it isn't the strong queen Amidala anymore.

11. emilsson

Oct 5, 1998
    Perhaps this suggests that she will move away from her persona as a queen and become Padmé more and more.

12. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    She's less in control of her destiny now. The emphasis of the trilogy is moving into Anakin's hands, and she will become nothing more than a victim of circumstances.

13. Qui-John

Qui-John Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 1999
    I don't know if this is actually something from the film itself, but I think this photo, more than any of the others, really struck me with its imagery. I notice that this was not taken by GL himself this time, but I'm sure he probably had a lot to do with its framing, etc...and it really awakened a part of me that had been out of it for a while: the faith in GL's visual capability to say everything in a picture, no words required. Sort of a throwback to ANH, with Luke gazing off into the twin suns of Tatooine...

Of course, blowing up the picture and brightening it reveals more detail...which I'm not sure is fair game in this forum! :) It doesn't reveal any plot points, obviously, but it does stir the imagination as to what *could* be.

DL Mara - what's your call on matters of this sort?

14. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I agree with y'all. The picture presents a very somber feeling. She does, indeed, look weak or in pain of some sort, whether that be emotional, mental, physical, or whatever. I think that even if these pictures aren't from an actual scene in the movie and are just pics from around the set, George is still giving us a clue as to the overall atmosphere, mood, and themes in the movie.

15. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    The comparison with Luke looking into the sunset was really good.

16. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    I've made blow-ups of previous Select pics to reveal more detail myself, and I think it's perfectly okay. After all, we're not doing anything but discussing what GL has given us... with somewhat sharper details.

Here's my beautified version of the last pic:
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dunes/9281/padmeselect.jpg

Her outfit looks something like the way the spy reports described it, but they didn't say anything about her top being that short. The armband she's wearing is somewhat reminiscent of Leia's slave outfit. Any speculation about that? Also, look at the object she's sitting on, with the hatch on one side. I don't think that's supposed to be luggage...

17. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    The top looks ripped, not intentionally short. You can also make out what seem to be scratches on her back.

18. emilsson

Oct 5, 1998
    That could mean a lot of things. Amidala could be captured or disguised, as I see it. Good point about GL's visually skills. That pic tells perhaps more about the feeeling of epII than a particular scene.

19. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    The latest image is definitely the most visually stunning "Select" pic yet. I love Padme's new look (if that *is* her; you can never tell for sure with these "Select" pics) and I can't wait to see more of it.

So, any predictions for the next pic? I think that since we've been given two really great pictures in a row, the next one will probably be something less interesting, like a picture of a set or a minor character.

20. rogueleader16

rogueleader16 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 2, 2000
    I too like this pic. Let's keep in mind that this might not be a scene from the movie. Perhaps it's just a pic of Natalie Portman in costume resting on the set that has been modified (remember to take these pics with a grain of salt). But then again perhaps it is part of a scene from the movie. In this case it does have a very somber feel to it.

21. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    One feeling I'm getting is that there has been some kind of battle, maybe the clone wars?

22. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    I think it's safe to say we'll see the Clone Wars in II.

23. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I agree, hew.

Alright, what is that? I don't think I like this one.

24. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Here's the link to the latest "Select" pic:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/select/2000/36

Interesting picture, though not as good as the last two. Some people are saying that the girl in the black dress is Natalie Portman, but I REALLY doubt that.

25. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    No I don't think it is, either. Could be wrong, of course, but nah, I don't think so. This one is boring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.