Who's should take over CSR duties?

Discussion in 'Ventura County, CA' started by marmakecam, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    Since I'm leaving I'm not really going to be able to continue as the CSR for you guys. I really don't want the VCFF to dissipate when Kelsey and I leave so whoever is the CSR is probably going to have to try to get some new members.

Anyway, I know you're all pretty busy and I spoke with GB about taking back the CSR duties and she's willing to do it. She's obviously really busy too so if there is anyone else who would like this position and will be able to put some time into it let me know. Otherwise I think GB is going to have to take over.

By the way, our 50th meeting is coming up. It would be really awesome if you guys could set up something special for this, maybe even have the meeting at City Walk or something and invite members from the LAFF and OCFF. Just a thought. Maybe even Kelsey and I could come down for it but who knows.

Let me know your thoughts about the CSR thing.
  2. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    Ok, guys, what do you think?

I'll resume the CR duties if no one else wants to/can, but whether we survive all this depends on all of us staying involved. None of us has as much time as we used to for FF things, but it'd be a shame to have us just sort of fade away...besides I like seeing all of you!
  3. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't everybody volunteer at once...
  4. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey, I'd be willing. I know I'm not on much but if I had some official responsibility I think I would be able to do it better. Up to you guys ultimately, and who you think would be able to do it best, but just letting you know I'm willing.
  5. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    It would be fine with me if you take it seriously and don't let the VCFF go to hell. I think that means you're going to have to change your stance on new people and be a little more accepting. :) Also, you're going to have to check the boards regularly and not depend on me to send you links to important threads. If you wanna give it a shot and GB is okay with that then I'll hand it over to you.
  6. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well duh. And I haven't been against new people, I just don't want any jerks.
  7. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    Doesn't matter to me. :)

I'll talk with you, YJ, if marma doesn't have time to talk about the duties and stuff.
  8. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, unless anyone else posts here in the next 24 hours or so Garrett gets the CSR job. I will let you give him the orientation thing if you don't mind, GB.

By the way, don't forget to post on the meeting TOA, Nassik is the only one to reply so far.
  9. Nassik Jedi Knight

star 1
    I monitor the boards and I figured the whole point of the TOA thread was to respond. Since I don't actually know any members of the VCFF I can't respond to who should take over the CSR duties. As for who should be able to join the VCFF I do think it should be open to all fans of the Star Wars universe. Occasionally personality conflicts do come up but part of being mature about things is simply to take people as they are and accepting them for who they are. We do our best to get along with others and hope that they give us the same respect. After all, part of the virtue of our common love for Star Wars is our ability to connect with other fans. This stands irregardless of personality conflicts.
  10. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    You are correct, the whole point of a TOA is to repond and I appreciate the fact that you did, it's always very frustrating not knowing who's going to make it to the meetings so having people who check the boards regularly and reply to the TOAs is a blessing.

We definitely are open to any and all fans... Garrett (YoungJedi11) has just has a very isolationist stance on new recruits. I think he always just enjoyed our little group dynamic and was scared to mess it up. It's not up to him though. We've done a lot to try to get new members in the past and it hasn't worked out incredibly well but I don't think anyone plans to give up. I think Celebration 4 is going to be an amazing opportunity to get some new members since it's in LA and there are bound to be Ventura County Star Wars fans there. It would be nice to get the membership of the VCFF on par with that of the rest of the SoCal FanForces.

We've never really had any big personality conflicts yet with any people who have showed up at meetings, there does seem to be a trend of people showing up to one or two meetings or posting on the boards for a couple weeks then dissapearing. It'd be great to have a few new members who stick around and contribute, like you, Nassik.

By the way, unless I see any anti-Garrett in the next couple hours I'm officially handing CSR to him.
  11. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I guess that's true. I'm not so much anti new member as I am anti-new-member-who-would-suck. Besides, it's just my personal opinion, I would never do anything to enforce that. I've never hindered any recruiting efforts or anything like that. Matt makes me sound like a jerk. :D
  12. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright that's it. Garrett is the new CSR. I'm going to miss being blue. I'll let the RSA know to get you all the permissions and stuff.

Garrett, don't let me down.
  13. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    [:D] Thanks for everything you've done, Matt!
  14. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    I miss my pretty blue color already. It was so much easier to find my own posts!
  15. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm begin the letdown process immediately. I would thank people for their confidence but I know it's because we're the only three who have visited the forums in a while. o_O
  16. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    ah....blue nostalgia. :~)

Thanks, Matt, for everything you've done as our CR! We're really going to miss seeing you and Kelsey!

/sniffle

OK, YJ, we've got some talkin' to do. :~)

And being not-anti-new-member isn't the same as spreadin' the word on our FF and going out and recruiting.

Congrats, Garrett!
  17. majiinkilljoy Jedi Knight

star 1
    sorry haven't been on the Internet lately, not much time anymore, really busy.
    congrats garret, do us proud

first, me and Bir will miss you Matt, your one of the most interesting people I've met after high school, but it's not like your really gone, like obi-wan you'll be here in spirit.

and yes i realize i disappear from time to time but i do show up for meetings, it suck but two jobs and school is kicking my ass right know, but i really can't excuse my absences for before, so sorry i can't contribute more than i do.

18. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    If you kicked the Sideshow habbit you wouldn't need two jobs. :)
  19. majiinkilljoy Jedi Knight

star 1
    thats not going to happen
  20. Nassik Jedi Knight

star 1
    There are a few of us responding in this thread and so things are looking good. Two jobs and school would be a horrendous schedule. Yuck. I just do school and Lodge meetings for now and that makes things relatively straightforward. I don't have to work just yet and so I'm focusing on school at the moment. Now before anyone gripes about me not having to work I do have an excellent reason for not doing so (I paid dearly for it, trust me).
  21. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm doing online classes and daycare, so stress relating from that by itself isn't much. It's the drama at the job, the stupid term papers they have me do at school, and the new puppy I got that are making me crazy. Other than that stuff is as calm as it's been in a while.

Speaking of, we need to have a meeting here in the winter sometime since we're all done with it. It would be fun.
  22. Nassik Jedi Knight

star 1
    I miss term papers. LOL They really aren't so bad. Actually that's unfair of me to say. I earned my first bachelor's degree in English and so I enjoy writing. I go to a technical school now and am working on a second bachelor's degree.
  23. majiinkilljoy Jedi Knight

star 1
    sucks for me cause all i want to take is drawing classes, so i haven't got much of my general ed out of the way.
  24. YoungJedi11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Haha, I know how that is. There are some lame General Eds too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.