main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Who's the Baddie - NSA Edition

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , Aug 10, 2013.

?

Who's the Baddie

1. Darth Plagueis

15 vote(s)
    25.4%
  2. Darth Sidious/Palpatine

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  3. Darth Vader

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. A secret apprentice

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. A fallen Jedi

10 vote(s)
    16.9%
  6. Other

27 vote(s)
    45.8%
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So I thought I'd create a thread for the NSA where we can discuss all our hopes and dreams and also nightmares for who the villain of the ST is going to be. I also included a poll because I thought it'd be interesting to see what the consensus is.

My opinion is as long as it's not a resurrected Palpatine or Darth Vader (which makes no sense to me) I'll keep an open mind.

So let us discuss...

Revious Nugo likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nobody resurrected so no Palps, Vader or Plagueis.

I have mixed feelings about a fallen Jedi. On the one hand, the new villain needs to be a threat to existing Jedi so some sort of power that can counteract the light side of the Force will be necessary. On the other hand, not sure I want that storyline overdone so that by Episode IX, we're sighing and mumbling, "Alright, who falls in this movie?"

I said this in the other thread but I'd like to see the Vong or a similar villain. Not sure about shielding from the Force, but the embrace of pain and death for a cause, and the determination that their gods mandate a galactic takeover, make them a great threat. The NJO has plenty of good, creepy, suspenseful scenes (and I'm only halfway through the books) and plenty of schemes where the heroes lose. We need that as opposed to mustache-twirling, cackling villains who are defeated in two seconds.

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'm more in the camp of wanting to see a non-Force user villain for once. Maybe not for all three movies, but that would mix things up a bit compared to the Jedi vs. Sith dynamic of the PT and Luke vs. the Dark Side in the OT.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I went along with "Other" cause I don't think they'll recycle an existing villain. If they do, my bet is on Plagueis. I've got no complaints about him making an appearance.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    A non-Force using villain is interesting to me as well. Even if they are just a supporting villain in the ST I think it would be fascinating to get their perspective on Force users and if they're suspicious of them after Palpatine's regime.

6. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I'd love to see some Mandalorians kick some Jedi or Sith ass.

7. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I tried to think of more options but those were the ones that came to me and the ones that we seemed to talk about the most in the other thread. Frankly, I didn't like any of the options either and voted "other" as well. :p

The Hellhammer likes this.
  8. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I would like it to be Darth Plagueis since he was directly mentioned in Episode III, thus tying the prequels to the sequels. I also like how Lucas makes you think a bad guy is the ultimate villain only to introduce you to someone worse. Vader to Sidious to Plagueis.

Or not. Who knows maybe it's Darth Maul.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm not too keen on Darth Plagueis being the villain of the ST. However, I think there's propably a good chance he may end up being the villain because he's similar to Voldemort and Sauron and I could see Disney being very excited for a character like that because of their popularity. While I love those two characters I really don't want to see SW rehash that type of villain. There are other reasons why I don't like the idea like for instance it undermining one of my favorite Palpatine moments in the saga but I'll keep those for later. :p

10. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    As long as they don't resurrect anyone- Maul, Vader, Palpatine, OR Plagueis -I could honestly care less who the villain is, as long as it's not someone with a huge buildup and then a totally nonthreatening entrance.

*cough* Greivous! *cough*

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Plagueis, Mandos, Other Force sects, a large group of maraudering aliens.

12. citizenmilton

citizenmilton Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    I'd like to congratulate the originator of this thread, who shows the superiority of the nonspoiler forum immediately, by using correct grammar ("Who's the baddie?") as opposed to the thread in the spoil-all-the-fun section, who left the grammatical error ("Whose the baddie?") in the thread title for months :)

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    But the correct spelling is boring............ Gave the other thread character.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    But the possessive noun. Someone owns that baddie.

15. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    The Walt Disney Company.

16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    A modified version of The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse might be fun. As long as they flesh out all 4 beings.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  17. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012

The Four Norsemen.

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Until I ruined the fun by fixing it. :p

Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

:p

20. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
  21. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    There's always Plan B. :p

[​IMG]

Campy evil.

22. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I am Agean multiple villains. the Galaxy will be unstable so there will be different factions fighting for power.

23. kainee

kainee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2012
    I personally am not 100% sold on the idea of the ST villain(s) being Force users but considering how the trilogies expanded upon the vocabulary of the Force for us, it seems it would be remiss of the ST to not also further explore the nature of the Force, which I think would be difficult to do without some sort of Force-powered villain. This is why my personal theory is that there might be infighting amongst the Jedi as they try to decide the direction of the Jedi from now on. But again, this is only my personal theory based on what I think might be the next logical step in storytelling and the myth arc. So if Episode VII ends up going another direction with an even better idea, I'm all for it.

24. KithuraVess

KithuraVess Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2008
    I vaguely remember GL saying something about each trilogy having its own theme - the PT's theme is politics, the CT's theme is the Force, and the ST's theme would be freedom or something like that.
    Personally I would like to see more non-Force-users as characters (more in the style of the CT than the PT), but I also think the bad guy should be one. It is Star Wars, after all.
    I'd also like it if they created an entirely new bad guy. Not sure what I want his alignment to be, but he should be mysterious and shadowy and hard to get at. Half of what the protagonist(s) hear should be scary legends about him. Something like that.

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I think my sig adequately expresses my feelings on this one :)

DARTH_BELO and Immortiss like this.