main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Who's the Baddie - NSA Edition

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , Aug 10, 2013.

?

Who's the Baddie

1. Darth Plagueis

15 vote(s)
    25.4%
  2. Darth Sidious/Palpatine

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  3. Darth Vader

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. A secret apprentice

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. A fallen Jedi

10 vote(s)
    16.9%
  6. Other

27 vote(s)
    45.8%
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    "GREEDO SHOT FIRST"? :p

Jedi Gunny and Darkslayer like this.
  2. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Your wrong! A STORMTROOPER SHOT FIRST......... and missed............

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    OK... I was just joking about the other part of his signature that he obviously wasn't referring to.

4. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I know, but I wasn't joking, in A New Hope the Stormtroopers were shooting at Han and Greedo for target practice, and accidentally hit the Jawas instead.

JainaSoloYJK and Darkslayer like this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    LOL whoops forgot that was also there [face_laugh]

6. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    I'm hoping the villain will be a charismatic general type person trying to hold the fragments of the Empire together.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Someone like Thrawn?

Nah. The more I think about it the more I have the feeling it'll be someone unheard of. It'll be new villains (plural), I'll bet.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I would like to see a villain (perhaps not the main villain) who was once a member of Luke's Jedi Order. I know the whole fallen Jedi thing has happened twice already but I think there is a good reason for it. It would show that Luke's order is fragile and the dark side is still a palpable threat in this new era. Mostly I would love to see Luke's struggle to deal with this. Perhaps the Republic would want Luke to destroy this individual and any followers they may have like the old Jedi Order wiped out the Sith but Luke fears that would only create a greater enemy (like it did with the original Sith) and instead wants to redeem them. I think it would be interesting to see Luke deal with the moral question of whether it's right to wipe out this group of people just because they follow the dark side.

9. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I think it could be Jedi who fall to the Dark Side. Padawans that are being trained by Luke who fall.

10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    But they already had that same dynamic with Vader, so it would be a rehash of the other six movies in a way. Depends on how that would play out.

11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Unless it's an Exar Kun type, who's whole intention from the get-go was to seek more power than everyone, then yeah I can see that happening. I would prefer Darth Plagueis, or maybe a secret apprentice of his that waited in the shadows for his chance to make a move.

12. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I feel like this is the big weaknesses of making a sequel trilogy...how do they come up with a villain that justifies creating this trilogy in the first place? First off, they can't top Palpatine and Vader or the Yuuzhan Vong as big threats to the galaxy. We can't drag Luke Skywalker back to battle a new threat, because his hero's journey already reached its climax in Return of the Jedi (NJO is arguably the hero's journey for the Solo kids). Imperial warlords or dark Jedi as threat-of-the-week might be good for a novel or two, but certainly wouldn't cut it for three movies. That just leaves us with an out-of-universe impetus to create Star Wars movies for the sake of money. If they're going to do that, well then at the very least the in-universe time period should be set far in the future or far in the past relative to the PT and OT so they can at least have new characters to work with.

13. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    I think the main villan for VII will be an all new character and not from the previous films or EU.

I'm hoping they stay clear of the fallen Jedi theme....except if Luke turns and attempts to do what his father couldn't and rule the entire galaxy (I know everybody else seems to hate that idea haha)....but maybe a life form who is immune to the Force completely.

14. kane1138

kane1138 Jedi Padawan

Oct 16, 2013
    I like the idea of Leia turning to the darkside. In the OT she lost her entire planet and discovered that her father was Darth Vader. Perhaps she will have to endure the death of Han in the ST, which could be the turning point for her.

15. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Darth Plagueis is the villain who makes the MOST sense

Admiral Thrawn is the villain who makes the 2nd most sense

Someone entirely new, a secret Sidious apprentice, or someone who has fallen to the Dark Side, could also be in the mix.

But I'd like to see Plagueis more than anyone else

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  16. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    I would make it Plagueis, and find a way to mention Thrawn in the films, because the events of the Thrawn trilogy, have technically already passed in the timeline

17. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    I either want Thrawn as the main "baddie" or a completely new character. I really don't understand (no offense intended) why people want Plagueis as the main bad guy.

18. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I'm going to say it. I'm sorry, it's just how I feel. Darth Caedus. There, I feel better now.

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    No Darth Vader 2.

20. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    To be honest, I don't know how closely the ST will model the EU, so I have no idea what to expect. I guess I can only hope for it not to be as royally butchered as the EU became after Anakin died.

21. Phoenix267

Phoenix267 Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2014
    The only way I can see Darth Plagueis being the villain is Disney creating an elaborate back story for the character. I'm thinking more of the lines of Harry Potter. I believe in the books it was reveled both Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious did something with the midichlorians that backfired, and as a result created Anakin Skywalker. Looking at this I feel that would be more of a vice for the writers. Because it's to cliche and would remind viewers Disney is trying to ripoff Star Wars. Personally I wouldn't mind Darth Plagueis being the villain. Disney just has to make it work that it feels awesome.

The other choice I picked was a fallen Jedi who can become a rival to the new Jedi led by Luke Skywalker. Storyline wise it can be presented how different Jedi will become rivals, and a fallen Jedi can become a leader of an opposition group. It would be awesome if viewers can debate which group is really good and which group is evil. Basically morals and how they would play apart in the New Republic.

22. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Let's go with someone new. Some fresh blood. Whether it's a new Sith character or something else. I'd like to see a character that we know nothing about.

23. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I like the idea of a secret apprentice, though it might just be my fanaticism of YodaKenobi's "Legacy of the Sith" fanfiction, where the antagonist is another apprentice of Plagueis that we never knew about. As long it can tie into the movies well, I'm all for a secret apprentice.

Unless that throws off the dynamic of the prophecy...Dagnabbit!

24. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It is implied that the creation of Anakin resulted from Plagueis and Sidious shifting the balance of the Force.

25. Phoenix267

Phoenix267 Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2014
    So it's not 100% confirmed. I like the mystery part of Anakin's origins, and if Plagueis had a role in his conception.