main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Who's the Baddie - NSA Edition

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , Aug 10, 2013.

?

Who's the Baddie

1. Darth Plagueis

15 vote(s)
    25.4%
  2. Darth Sidious/Palpatine

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  3. Darth Vader

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. A secret apprentice

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. A fallen Jedi

10 vote(s)
    16.9%
  6. Other

27 vote(s)
    45.8%
  1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm not.

dolphin likes this.
  2. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm totally not avoiding trailers...I do, however, avoid interpretations of the trailer, because I'm sure a lot of people know character names and their roles. I know five (?) character names from this movie that were released shortly after the trailer. Who are those people, exactly? I've got no clue!

jaqen, dolphin and TigerCraneFist like this.
  3. goldstandard333

goldstandard333 Jedi Knight

Jan 6, 2008
    I've watched the teaser at least once every day since it's come out so that would be a definite no for me.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  4. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    That reminded me, "I need to watch the trailer today!"

Thanks!

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Lol how did I miss this thread?

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm still holding out hope that it's Darth Plagueis. And I will still continue to stubbornly hold on to that hope either until it's flat out proved wrong, or we finally see TFA. There are many details that we've seen/heard/been told so far that point to the possiblility (I'd prefer to say likelihood) that it is true. Perhaps I'm just hearing what I WANT to hear-but...I don't know...

I will seriously FLIP if we see in December that it is Plagueis!! I have been right about such things before: all during production of Dark Knight Rises, I was POSITIVE that Marion Cotillard's character would reveal herself as Talia Al Ghul. There were many details-everything from how she looks/sounds, to certain story elements. Even though she flat out denied that she was, I still held on to it. Imagine my reaction in the theater during the climax!

If we find out it's Darth Plagueis, it would be a perfect way to thread some nice continuity through all three trilogies.

If we find out it's NOT, I will be slightly bummed, but I'm sure I will still quite enjoy it! ;)

7. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    As long as it's not Palpatine or Vader, I'm good.

Darth Plagueis wasn't somebody I ever even considered as a possibility to show up in later films until I started posting again on here. I just always bought that part of Palpatine's story at the "opera" as wholly true; the implication that he killed him.

Forbidden Island likes this.
  8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I've thought about this quite a bit. I think one of these four main things could have happened:

1) Palpatine fooled the audience and knew he had failed to killed Plagueis (unlikely IMO)
    2) Palpatine actually believed he killed Plagueis, but was mistaken, and Plagueis would avoid the Prophecy by not considering himself a Sith anymore (in his novel he was stated as wanting to move away from the Rule of Two - I know, Legends and all, but what's to stop them from using that element of Plagueis's character?)
    3) Palpatine could have actually killed Plagueis, but Plagueis had found a way to bring himself back, and would avoid the Prophecy by not considering himself a Sith anymore - from how Palpatine described him, it sounds like a power Plagueis could have learned and just not told Palpatine (just spitballing on this one, I'm not sure of GL's thoughts regarding if such a Sith rising from the dead would be possible)
    4) Palpatine was telling the truth and was correct

If you think of any other options post away - I know I am not 100% perfect lol!:)

9. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

That's the only option that sounds plausible to me.

Anakin didn't even know Palpatine was a sith at the opera, so there was no reason for Palps to lie to him about killing Plagueis as Anakin didn't even know that was his master. The moment looked like one Palpatine relished, a found memory, and that it had very little to do with Anakin in that brief moment.

Also Palpatine would obviously know very well if he killed Plagueis. If he found a way around death it would need to be in some kind of spirit form that's trying to cross back into the physical world, sort of like Voldemort in HP. And I'm not sure that's a place that's wise to go to for Star Wars in film form. Because then you'll have folks screaming for the resurrection of every character they like.

Forbidden Island likes this.