main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    I'm not so sure that the Seven are Sith or darksiders. I think they're pirates. MSW mentioned concept art of 7 pirates.

2. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Fair enough. Totally get what you're saying, and you're probably right.

I just like the idea of multiple lightsabre wielding baddies controlled by a seemingly undead, immortal, undying, unkillable master. :D

Immortiss and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  3. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Two words:

Darkside Pirates

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    An early ANH screenplay did mention "Sith pirates"...

5. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    hmmmm..... how much of George's story is still left in EPVII? Maybe more than we are lead to believe??

Immortiss and Rabs like this.
  6. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Both Grievous & Dooku were better off after TCW, tho Grievous still suffers from being overhyped due to the Microseries, which supposedly was never Lucas' intent (i.e. to make Grievous a true monster handling multiple Jedi with ease...George preferred him as a mustache-twirling cowardly villain, hence the infamous Old-Timey Grievous Escape Pod edit). In a way, he was kinda like Maul pre-TPM... something built up as something he was not. Maul was the New Vader--and then cut in half at the end of the movie and discarded for a decade (aside from pre-bisection tales and one Infinities "Horny McChickenlegs" story where Uncle Owen killed him). TCW redeemed him to a degree...turned him from a one-note villain into something craftier, something a bit more worthy of the title Sith Lord. More of his potential was finally explored.

While we'll certainly have at least one villain fall in TFA--especially if the "Seven" are all baddies--hopefully Kylo, if indeed the Vader of the ST, is treated more as the Vader of the ST and sticks with us for awhile, an ever-present thorn in the heroes' sides. Even if he doesn't hold a candle to Vader, so long as he lives up to his potential it should be fine. Simply trying to replicate the iconic impact of Vader is probably always gonna fail in some respect, so best not to attempt it; make characters that will have an impact of their own, not to stack up against Vader.

Also, re: Lucas' story and elements like possible Sith Pirates, even if Abrams & Co really did chuck Lucas' story treatments to the curb, that doesn't necessarily mean all the concepts within 'em are gone. If Sith Pirates were part of his treatments for the ST as they once were for the original film, they might still be harvested by Kasdan & Abrams.

StoneRiver likes this.
  7. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

We might never know. Even Lucas is out of the loop on that.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  8. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I'd bet the farm on that. As my signature says, I dont buy it at all that it was totally scraped. Polished a bit? Sure. Cleaned up? Sure. Tossed? Not a chance.

9. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Yeah, just because what he saw in the teaser doesn't match what was in his mind in his treatments doesn't mean the treatments are all gone. "Well I had a TIE pilot fleeing the Empire on Hoth... I had new Z-wings speeding over the mossy treetops of Aquilae... I had Leia's daughter wearing a parka, not a scarf... I had the bad guy with a lightwhip on Mustafar... oh, and instead of that soccer-ball droid, I had a cute little lizard who was gonna speak with a terrible Puerto Rican accent. And the Millennium Falcon would be purple, and TIE fighters would have 4 wings, all shaped like spearheads. It's obvious they threw out every part of my story."

Millennium Fairlane likes this.
  10. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Darth Krayt dissolved the rule of two in the old EU.

And he had multiple apprentices / henchmen.

11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    And yet he still got suckerpunched by his right-hand man...

EDIT: the reason I bring this up is because I would LOVE to see multiple Sith on-screen...

...only to see the Rule of Two assert itself [face_skull]

12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    opinions.

Immortiss likes this.
  13. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014

One letter:

R

14. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

He's right, but not in the way that he is alluding to. Grevious was a disposable pawn, nothing more. He is another example of how truly incredible that Palpatine was.

15. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Not in the Sequels though, because Anakin killed the Sith ;)

I'm all for a trilogy of the formation of the Sith, the war with the Jedi and the eventual implosion of murder and betrayal though ;)

Could it still be a family film though? :p

Grievous is a classic moustache twirling Basil Rathbone villain. Modern cinema needs more of that. Abrams and Kasdan better have at least of those ;)

[​IMG]

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If he isn't someone we've heard of before, how old is Uber?

17. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    this is why i really wish "the seven" were dark side traitor bad asses that turned on luke and his teachings. wannabe sith who "know there's more to force than the jedi are telling me". i know they're probably just pirates but "the seven" sounds amazingly ominous to me. just wishful thinking on my part i guess.

18. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Hoggsquattle

You jest, you jape! As lovely as it is to have the most villainous swashbuckler of all Basil Rathbone mentioned, watching and listening to Grievous never gave me that comparison. I never once thought he comes off as that type of classic villain.

Grievous might have been a fine duellist, but there is no personality or menace. He is just a brutish weapon, the only twirling involved his multiple lightsabers.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  19. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Flapjack4

I don't agree with opinion, but I respect your point of view and your right to express it...

[​IMG]

..but, you're wrong ...

[​IMG]

:D

20. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    There will be another time...

[​IMG]

[face_devil]

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  21. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  23. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Sheev your opinions at the front door and let's move on with the discussion at hand. There are endless options of who the baddie is and the more I read on these rumors and picture leaks the more I believe it will be a totally knew baddie. With the EU now gone why not start anew for the ST? The writers and new canon material team already show they have balls enough to begin from scratch.

24. Lord Crevil

Lord Crevil Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2015
  25. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Because this is episode seven of a particular story.

Immortiss, Dra--- and thejeditraitor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.